• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

It's nice to find a lady friend who also has a habitual games/anime habit.

I haven't known that yet. I've dated prissy girls and a few high maintenance chicks.

I agree..finding a fellow female shut in with a gaming or anime habit would be ideal. I've yet to find one though.

Here's what you do. Make friends with a girl first so you know she's cool, then ask her out later. Simple.
Says the guy with literally 0 experience

That normally doesn't work. Most girls separate their guy friends from their love interests. Once you pick one you kinda can't switch to the other unless you get incredibly lucky. It usually just ends in a broken friendship and hurt feelings.

I said gaming/anime habit, not shut in. You can separate the two.

I have to start hanging out in the circles where there are female anime fans and female gamers.

Oh well sorry, if I could I would just order everything I need off of Amazon and be done..sadly..I cannot do that.

I haven't known that yet. I've dated prissy girls and a few high maintenance chicks.

I agree..finding a fellow female shut in with a gaming or anime habit would be ideal. I've yet to find one though.
Here's what you do. Make friends with a girl first so you know she's cool, then ask her out later. Simple.

I said gaming/anime habit, not shut in. You can separate the two.

I have to start hanging out in the circles where there are female anime fans and female gamers.

It's weird being in college and actually seeing girls who are into nerd shit openly. My highschool was tiny, and nobody liked that stuff.

It's weird being in college and actually seeing girls who are into nerd shit openly. My highschool was tiny, and nobody liked that stuff.
Going to DigiPen, I've had that same experience. Except everyone is so busy with their projects rather than partying and hanging out because that's what they're at school for.

That normally doesn't work. Most girls separate their guy friends from their love interests. Once you pick one you kinda can't switch to the other unless you get incredibly lucky. It usually just ends in a broken friendship and hurt feelings.
It was mostly a joke, though it could happen.
Good luck with that. It doesn't turn out great sometimes depending on the people
I'm from Compton so it's hard to see anyone into that openly.

Eh...

I wish I was at a university. Probably super easy to fins a nerd girl.

It's hard in the military...

Dat avatar...
I feel the lewdness increasing

I live in Portland where the girls are into Doctor Who and fighting those evil GMOs by smoking weed and listening to music.

Their might be a con here...maybe someday

Shackzam

I'm hanging out with that type of girl tomorrow, the only thing is that she is best friends with one of my best friends. I can't tell if I feel awkward about that, but I'll just go with whatever happens.

So we just talk about girl problems at night...yeah I can't be here at night I'll start getting to sad

Not usually. I've been an emotional wreck before over much less though, so I get what you're saying.
Whys it weird? Nerd shit means what? Pokemon? Anime?
I've known girls who were bookworms and big on academics in JHS and K-6.
It's just foreign to me. Growing up in a tiny rural Kentucky town, the everyone is just into sports. My friendships during grade school were soley based on us being the only two kids in our grade who liked pokemon.

So we just talk about girl problems at night...yeah I can't be here at night I'll start getting to sad

Wanna talk about it?

Good luck with that. It doesn't turn out great sometimes depending on the people
I'm from Compton so it's hard to see anyone into that openly.

I dont know the hard and fast rules for female cosplayers, so I imagine I'll be trying to flirt with one and some asshole will try to rush in and save Her.

Do people around where you live give you shit for liking anime?

JoJo94

Not usually. I've been an emotional wreck before over much less though, so I get what you're saying.

Yeah I'll just kind of mention what I am going through. The girl I still like I will probably always like her but I am trying to see if I like other girls. Problem is every girl that I kind of like is either taken, or is slightly crazy...I mean one punched her computer and broke it because it was being slow...SO slowly feeling like I missed the train in some ways.

At least you aren't Oberon

I'm not looking for the romance, so this ain't bothering me.

But all I need in a girl is someone who will listen to music with me. That's it.

Wanna talk about it?

I dont know the hard and fast rules for female cosplayers, so I imagine I'll be trying to flirt with one and some asshole will try to rush in and save Her.

Just mentioned it before you guys responded.

Oh sorry, I've just met a plethora of guys who think that's how females work, so I just kinda assume at this point. Sorry for being an ass.

Nah it's cool. I mean it's totally what I prefer since just going up to a random girl seems weird and doesn't appeal to me as you don't know what they're like or what they're into, but I can recognize this isn't how all relationships work and it might not happen

I'm sure it's like anything else, be friendly and don't skeez on them for what they're wearing. And I haven't gotten that but then again I don't really talk about what I like ever. I'm sure some people would but others might just be like "Nah that's cool, you like what you like" and stuff

Yeah I'll just kind of mention what I am going through. The girl I still like I will probably always like her but I am trying to see if I like other girls. Problem is every girl that I kind of like is either taken, or is slightly crazy...I mean one punched her computer and broke it because it was being slow...SO slowly feeling like I missed the train in some ways.

Nah you didn't miss the train man, we're all still waiting at the station.

Nah it's cool. I mean it's totally what I prefer since just going up to a random girl seems weird and doesn't appeal to me as you don't know what they're like or what they're into, but I can recognize this isn't how all relationships work and it might not happen

On the rare day that I do encounter a girl I like I talk to them different then I would one of my female friends. Usually by the end of the conversation I know if I like her or not and ask for her number and then depending on how much I clicked with her I text her and continue conversing.

Oh some a bit but others after hanging out with them I realize no. The only really sad part is that the one girl I might like looks just like my ex so I'm trying to not like her for that reason...

That honestly really sucks..the only advice I can really give you is to just lame it out and try to drown out those feelings and find someone else. I mean you got us. So you're not alone in this.

Do they know you like them more than friends?

And I haven't gotten that but then again I don't really talk about what I like ever. I'm sure some people would but others might just be like "Nah that's cool, you like what you like" and stuff
If I was the same person I was a year ago, I could barely talk to anyone, let alone admit I liked videogames. I was actually seriously reluctant to admit I liked games unless the other person did too. Anime was like admitting I killed people.

Being more open about this has made me feel a lot less stressful in general. You don't have to do the same, but it took a load off my mind, anyway.

On the rare day that I do encounter a girl I like I talk to them different then I would one of my female friends. Usually by the end of the conversation I know if I like her or not and ask for her number and then depending on how much I clicked with her I text her and continue conversing.
Man I've only gotten like 2 or 3 girls numbers, mostly because I don't talk to anyone ever. Talking to people is too much effort for me. It's not that I can't do it, I'm just too lazy
If I was the same person I was a year ago, I could barely talk to anyone, let alone admit I liked videogames. I was actually seriously reluctant to admit I liked games unless the other person did too. Anime was like admitting I killed people.

Being more open about this has made me feel a lot less stressful in general. You don't have to do the same, but it took a load off my mind, anyway.
Oh I have no problem admitting I like that stuff, it's just that I don't talk about myself ever so if it doesn't come up I don't bring it up. I've been more laid back about things recently and yeah, it really helps

Shackzam

I'm hanging out with that type of girl tomorrow, the only thing is that she is best friends with one of my best friends. I can't tell if I feel awkward about that, but I'll just go with whatever happens.

Just quoting this for the new page because I just feel a little weird about the situation.

Being open and honest about who you are helps a shit ton with stress and helps meet people. Just having my keys on a Miku lanyard has started conversations and I've met people through that.

You would not believe the amount of girls I've talked to while wearing my Attack on Titan backpack just around town. If you see someone wearing something related to something you like, just compliment them on it and start talking, shit's easy. Did that with a girl and her Full Metal Alchemist hoodie just last week and ended up having a ten minute conversation about anime.

I'm sure it's like anything else, be friendly and don't skeez on them for what they're wearing. And I haven't gotten that but then again I don't really talk about what I like ever. I'm sure some people would but others might just be like "Nah that's cool, you like what you like" and stuff

I hear you. GAF is currently the only outlet I have where I admit openly that I like games and nerd the fuck out on shit like framerate and jaggies and stupid shit people who aren't big into games don't care about. This thread has exposed me to more anime stuff I wouldn't have given a second glance a year ago.

I may live in a metropolis, but that doesn't mean the people I work with or talk to are open about it either.

Man I've only gotten like 2 or 3 girls numbers, mostly because I don't talk to anyone ever. Talking to people is too much effort for me. It's not that I can't do it, I'm just too lazy

Oh I have no problem admitting I like that stuff, it's just that I don't talk about myself ever so if it doesn't come up I don't bring it up. I've been more laid back about things recently and yeah, it really helps

I don't know I suppose I'm not a shut in..I'm just really introverted. I can't handle being in large groups of people for extended amounts of time I just kind of shut myself off and sleep. I can have one on one conversations fine especially if it's something I like talking about. My advice is to just fucking do it. Talk to the girl and be open and friendly, if you like her at the end of the conversation ask to exchange numbers wait till later in the day or the next day then message her. You just gotta do it man you can't be shy.

Just quoting this for the new page because I just feel a little weird about the situation.
If you're really not that sure about it I'd talk with your friend about it. Maybe he can help/tell you if he's cool about it.
Did that with a girl and her Full Metal Alchemist hoodie just last week and ended up having a ten minute conversation about anime.
Oh christ I read that as "Did that girl with a FMA hoodie"

Prissy girl or high maintenance girl?

Being open and honest about who you are helps a shit ton with stress and helps meet people. Just having my keys on a Miku lanyard has started conversations and I've met people through that.

You would not believe the amount of girls I've talked to while wearing my Attack on Titan backpack just around town. If you see someone wearing something related to something you like, just compliment them on it and start talking, shit's easy. Did that with a girl and her Full Metal Alchemist hoodie just last week and ended up having a ten minute conversation about anime.

I'll keep this in mind the next time I see a girl walking around manhattan with the ryuko cut or a drill core.

Unrelated, but weirdly a ton of people keep telling me I'm very prissy. I've always known I'm a tad prissy, but people have been saying it a lot recently. Like, sure, I was my hands every time I come in from outside and my house is always immaculately clean/organized, but it's not that bad!

I hear you. GAF is currently the only outlet I have where I admit openly that I like games and nerd the fuck out on shit like framerate and jaggies and stupid shit people who aren't big into games don't care about. This thread has exposed me to more anime stuff I wouldn't have given a second glance a year ago.

I may live in a metropolis, but that doesn't mean the people I work with or talk to are open about it either.
Ah yeah that shit's a pain in the ass when you're like "Why, this area should be perfect for this" and it's just dead as all hell. I enjoy GAF time for that reason as well, not many people can discuss games and shit this in depth
I don't know I suppose I'm not a shut in..I'm just really introverted. I can't handle being in large groups of people for extended amounts of time I just kind of shut myself off and sleep. I can have one on one conversations fine especially if it's something I like talking about. My advice is to just fucking do it. Talk to the girl and be open and friendly, if you like her at the end of the conversation ask to exchange numbers wait till later in the day or the next day then message her. You just gotta do it man you can't be shy.
Most of the time when I do it is when I'm bored as hell with nothing really happening, so I'm just like "Fuck it." I'm just not too keen in putting in the effort as I've had it lead to absolutely nothing several times. Talking to people exhausts me as well, it's strange how much it takes out of you no matter how much you enjoy it or not.
That was last night.

Hooooooooo

That didn't happen, for the record.
It's okay Aaron, we'll keep your secret stand with FMA hoodie girl.

Shackzam

If you need to impress her, I can get on ultimax and "let you" body me.

And speaking of ultimax, getting on that now. Or GG. Whatever you guys want.
But nobody likes juggling
If you're really not that sure about it I'd talk with your friend about it. Maybe he can help/tell you if he's cool about it.
I'm just a little bit uncomfortable with it, but I'll see how it goes and see where my feelings lay. I've been in way more uncomfortable situations and came out fine.
No, just nice sort of shy girl with gaming habits.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well frienders, I'm watching Snowpiercer and its the wierdest and raddest dystopian films ever. Woolie talked about this movie on the podcast didn't he?

Unrelated, but weirdly a ton of people keep telling me I'm very prissy. I've always known I'm a tad prissy, but people have been saying it a lot recently. Like, sure, I was my hands every time I come in from outside and my house is always immaculately clean/organized, but it's not that bad!

Nah that's not being prissy lol I'm the same way, a lot of my ex's used to give me shit because I cook and always make sure my house is clean and shit. I just hate living in filth.

Ah yeah that shit's a pain in the ass when you're like "Why, this area should be perfect for this" and it's just dead as all hell. I enjoy GAF time for that reason as well, not many people can discuss games and shit this in depth

Most of the time when I do it is when I'm bored as hell with nothing really happening, so I'm just like "Fuck it." I'm just not too keen in putting in the effort as I've had it lead to absolutely nothing several times. Talking to people exhausts me as well, it's strange how much it takes out of you no matter how much you enjoy it or not.

It's okay Aaron, we'll keep your secret stand with FMA hoodie girl.

Are we starting new Friender's lore with FMA Hoodie Girl?

Well you do have to put in the effort man. It's like Alchemy..you get out what you put in.

I'm just a little bit uncomfortable with it, but I'll see how it goes and see where my feelings lay. I've been in way more uncomfortable situations and came out fine.

Ah I see, that's understandable. Best of luck in any case.

Well you do have to put in the effort man. It's like Alchemy..you get out what you put in.
We're always making new lore. Also I gotta keep my effort to myself, I don't have very much and I gotta spend it wisely.

That doesn't sound prissy.

Washing your hands isn't Prissy. Maintenance men I work with do it everyday before they leave for home.

Being clean/meticulously organized has been stranged considered to be a gay thing, which I find incredibly stupid. I wish I had the wherewithal and patience to keep my room and place clean and presentable for people all the time. It bothers me that I get home and I'm too tired to straighten up to a T.

Nah that's not being prissy lol I'm the same way, a lot of my ex's used to give me shit because I cook and always make sure my house is clean and shit. I just hate living in filth.

Prissy just means being overly proper or persnickety about certain things. I'm very particular about a lot of things and lambaste people for being so sloven.

Top Bottom