• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
*shrugs*

I'm surprised there are places that have them stocked on the shelves.

I might grab a Fox one to train with and hold off until the third party ones are released in Feb.

Good luck. Depending on your region, they're gone and aren't coming back.

EDIT: Actually Fox isn't super rare yet. I thought he was, but I double checked the thread.

Ordered from BB when they had a Buy 2 get 1 deal, and it worked on Amiibos along with GCU discount.

So I got Captain Falcon, Lil Mac and GGXrd LE for cheap, plus one of the figures free.

GGXrd LE only cost me $25 too!

uYCzRPt.png

How did you manage to get it that cheap? I might have to pick that up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The only use Amiibos have except smash are for the new One Piece game on 3ds...

They also have uses in Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart.

Their utility is only going to expand. You don't think that Nintendo sees a huge opportunity when they see these flying off the shelves? I anticipate every first party Nintendo game for both WiiU and 3DS will have Amiibo functionality going forward, and a good number of the third parties.

mike0dude

They also have uses in Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart.

Their utility is only going to expand. You don't think that Nintendo sees a huge opportunity when they see these flying off the shelves? I anticipate every first party Nintendo game for both WiiU and 3DS will have Amiibo functionality going forward, and a good number of the third parties.

why are they discontinuing half of the ones that came out already then?

you know what they should do for the amiibos instead of shitty figures, Make them into plastic cards like for the Metro, it's the exact same technolodgy just make a cool looking card and sell them for half the price and 1/10th the cost of making them.

croten

you know what they should do for the amiibos instead of shitty figures, Make them into plastic cards like for the Metro, it's the exact same technolodgy just make a cool looking card and sell them for half the price and 1/10th the cost of making them.

I don't think they need to do anything, Amiibos are selling like crazy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Because Nintendo has practically LIMITLESS sources for Amiibos. Smash Fox discontinued? Wait until Starfox WiiU Fox Amiibo is released. Smash Yoshi discontinued? They'll release Wooly Yoshi Amiibos. And don't get me started on Pokemon.

Plastic cards aren't a market tested product like Amiibos are (based on Skylanders and Disney Infinity). Considering how well they're selling, I think they made the right choice.

Top Bottom