• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"Pay no attention to the metal backdrop framing. Also in unrelated news, our DP is totally getting fired after this episode."

PweIXQl.png

All right, Stardust Crusaders is finished! While giving my short opinion on this newest season, I will from now refer to JoJo (2012) episode 1-9 as part 1, JoJo (2012) episode 10-24 as part 2 and the entirety of Stardust Crusaders as Part 3. I hope you don't mind the wall of text, as I am really hoping for some input from you guys as well. Do you agree? If not, what's your opinion on it.

-snip-

All in all I liked it, but not as much as I hoped I would. The show in general is nothing amazing, but it's just really fun to watch. Final Rankings:
Part 2 >>> Part 3 > Part 1
Joseph >>> Jotaro > Jonathan

No one is going to come at you with pitchforks. Part 3 and Part 1 are really weak parts. Part 2 is better than both of them combined.

Anyway, two thoughts.
I agree that Dio's almost complete absence from Part 3 really hurt it's quality.
Subjective, but I enjoyed Part 1 more than Part 3.

Now go read Part 4 i.e. one of the best parts.

Archgan

All in all I liked it, but not as much as I hoped I would. The show in general is nothing amazing, but it's just really fun to watch. Final Rankings:

That is basically how I felt when reading Jojo. I really liked 2 and I think that, while still being good, part 3 is a bit too long and unconnected. 2 was a story that flowed well from beginning to end.

Beloved

All right, Stardust Crusaders is finished! While giving my short opinion on this newest season, I will from now refer to JoJo (2012) episode 1-9 as part 1, JoJo (2012) episode 10-24 as part 2 and the entirety of Stardust Crusaders as Part 3. I hope you don't mind the wall of text, as I am really hoping for some input from you guys as well. Do you agree? If not, what's your opinion on it?

Now, my verdict on part 3 of JoJo is.....that it made me appreciate Part 2 a lot more.

LOL at issue #4.

I pretty much agree with what you've said, part 2
has a more coherent story and a better JoJo and I can understand your issue with the stands as far as power levels and whatnot go. Though my biggest gripe personally with part 3 is the fact that sometimes it reaches levels of ridiculousness that make it hard to "suspend" disbelief.

Though I do think that part 3 is just...more fun to watch. And I have an irrational and overwhelming love of
senior Joseph's character

Yes, but that's not enough. I need more!
Thoughts on 2 and 3?

While I understand where you're coming from on 2 and I do agree on some levels, I would'nt really say that all of the Stand users were totally uninteresting. Enyaba was pretty amusing and as brief as he was I actually loved how scummy Steely Dan was.

As for Hamon over Stands, I completely agree. With Stands you have the possibility of just having something extremely absurd just to have it be that way, such as The Sun. With Hamon it had to be used in rather creative ways to make use of it outside the norm. That's not to say that some Stands aren't actually quite interesting such as Hermit Purple. The way he used it to defeat The Empress was fucking awesome. The Hanged Man was a pretty interesting one as well.

Beloved

Also keep in mind that Part 3 is only half done, in the anime. I'm hoping that
Jotaro gets some good development in the next season, because he does need to be more than the standoffish cool guy doing cool things.

On the issue of Ripple being used in more interesting ways, it's certainly true, but that kind of thing was still present though in a smaller sense. They often figured out other ways to use their Stands and their abilities. The Lovers fight for example, the shrinking was something that made you go "That's bullshit, that's also kinda cool." Joseph as well eventually figured out his stand wasn't just for smashing cameras, he could possess anything that could give him information and even just use it as a regular dumb rope. Kakyoin wasn't just Emerald Splashing, he was binding his enemies and stretching to fool them. Kakyoin and Polnareff doing the coin thing was another one of those tricking people things that happened a lot in Part 2. Sure it's not as obvious because Stands are the ones doing the work in the end, but it's still the same basic action of outsmarting your opponent then using your ability. It's just that abilities this time are different. You're right though there was a ridiculous lack of posing. Unacceptable

BTW I've been reading not watching

Squishy3

d. The show in general is nothing amazing, but it's just really fun to watch. Final Rankings:
WE NEED YOUR OPINION ON THE MANLIEST HANDSHAKE TO HAVE EVER BEEN SHOOK

9kxElda.gif

Also keep in mind that Part 3 is only half done, in the anime. I'm hoping that
Jotaro gets some good development in the next season, because he does need to be more than the standoffish cool guy doing cool things.
that doesn't really change, but remember jotaro is also a 30 year old character archetype. plus at the end of the day even if he isn't really showing emotion now he did show a little (in the usual jotaro way) when holly wasn't there to greet him in the morning

but at the end of the day stardust crusaders up until the final part is about the journey to dio and the supporting cast is really good

I will not argue your preference of Part 1 over 3 as I can understand that point of view. I will not read part 4 however. I've grown accustomed to watching the show and will use this downtime to start/finish Bebop and start Berserk. I don't need a continuous stream of JoJo content.

You're going to stop right before one of the best parts of JoJo and instead read a really long, albeit good, manga? Ok...

joe2187

Banned
Lewd Question. Click at your own risk and only answer with a spoilered answer

If the technology became good enough, would you ever consider stuff a lewd robot?

Absolutely not.

Even the world imagined in Ghost in the Shell I find deeply disturbing and unsettling. Im sure it's a good anime/movie but for some reason I find cyborg fiction deeply upsetting to me.

Absolutely not.

Even the world imagined in Ghost in the Shell I find deeply disturbing and unsettling. Im sure it's a good anime/movie but for some reason I find cyborg fiction deeply upsetting to me.

Ghost in the shell is fucking great. If you aren't gonna watch that at least watch blade runner

mike0dude

Some people elsewhere are rather insecure on the ending of Legend of Korra. Spoilers in the link

they ain't "gay" they just two adult female friends going on a vacation, who might spend their days and nights talking, laughing, putting each others faces between their legs to make funny mustaches, and having fun where no living man resides...

they ain't "gay" they just two adult female friends going on a vacation, who might spend their days and nights talking, laughing, putting each others faces between their legs to make funny mustaches, and having fun where no living man resides...

That sounds like the only way to live honestly.

Beloved

I have to say, I experienced the same at a few rare moments. Despite the insanity that Part 2 contained, I had no issues suspending my disbelief. I had some moments in Part 3 where my reaction was "Oh, come the fuck on".
Haha, is that so. Well, I can understand that. So you'd say
Senior Joseph > Junior Joseph
?

Yep, definitely happened a few times for me too.

And well...
it's not that I prefer senior over junior Joseph, he's a fantastic character all around, but he is one of my favorite things about Part 3, no doubt about that. It's hard to compare considering Part 2 JoJo is super rad and also a main character, whereas senior Joseph is part of the supporting cast and makes me laugh every episode.

Top Bottom