• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

croten

Let me put it this way: I'm really tired of JoJo after Part 3 and want to start part 4 after taking an apparently small break from the show. And no, Berserk isn't going to be a main thing, it's going to be read while watching other shows such as Bebop, JoJo part 4, Monster and Ippo. Not going to dedicate myself to the manga.

Manga goes by a bit differently than anime. You can end up breezing through a couple of hundered pages in a relatively short amount of time.

On another note. Just fought
Father Balder
in Bayo 2, holy fuck was that fight amazing in every way.

Let me put it this way: I'm really tired of JoJo after Part 3 and want to start part 4 after taking an apparently small break from the show. And no, Berserk isn't going to be a main thing, it's going to be read while watching other shows such as Bebop, JoJo part 4, Monster and Ippo. Not going to dedicate myself to the manga.

Fair enough. I'm just disappointed that you're stopping right before one of the best parts. Still, I wouldn't want you read Part 4 if you're getting burned out on JoJo.

No. Why even?

Don't start part 4 unless you finish 3 in either anime or manga form.

Massive spoilers in the first few chapters of part 4.

Xiraiya

I've got this sitting on my external. I should probably try and watch it. The concept sounds great.

It's a really cool concept and a good take on questioning how a society should be judged, what makes people criminals and what should be done when people are naturally born that prove a supposed "perfect judgment" to be flawed and all that kind of stuff.
The main character Tsunemori Akane is really good, she's kind of understated in a lot of ways but has so many fantastic moments that make her really likable, especially as a female protagonist.

croten

Yeah, I know. Though with Berserk, I'm going to restrict myself a bit with that.

I understand. But it's because I've heard so many good things about Part 4 that I'm trying not to read it right now. Switching from anime to manga is going to take a bit to get used to and I want to experience this apparently best part the right way. By the end of Stardust Crusaders, I was partially rushing through the episodes so I could be done with it (still enjoyed it), so I definitely don't want to start Part 4 now

Like I said, I'm already done with Part 3/Stardust Crusaders.
No you're not, you're half way through it

I understand. But it's because I've heard so many good things about Part 4 that I'm trying not to read it right now. Switching from anime to manga is going to take a bit to get used to and I want to experience this apparently best part the right way. By the end of Stardust Crusaders, I was partially rushing through the episodes so I could be done with it (still enjoyed it), so I definitely don't want to start Part 4 now

I just realized some--

No you're not, you're half way through it

Yeah. Mara, the Part 3 anime isn't done. The 2nd half is starting next month.

croten

I was still using the earlier Part definition I gave in my assessment post. Part 3 for me in this case is the first 24 episodes of Stardust Crusaders. Looking at it like that, I am done with it.

I'll use the regular definition from now on though.

Part 3 is Stardust Crusaders, you are only half way through it. The part 4 we are talking about is Diamond is Unbreakable

mike0dude

I feel as tho there's no good Bayonetta merch, except those glasses and that guide I've seen NOTHING for bayonetta 2, no shirt , no figure, not even a cool poster.

joe2187

Banned
Ghost in the shell is fucking great. If you aren't gonna watch that at least watch blade runner

I love blade runner, but it's different. It's robots that think they're human. I find that concept fascinatiing.

It's when humans abandon their physical bodies for robotic ones that disturb me.

Jman014

I love blade runner, but it's different. It's robots that think they're human. I find that concept fascinatiing.

It's when humans abandon their physical bodies for robotic ones that disturb me.

So you're like Humanity Front from Deus Ex Human Revolution.
Cool.

Emouse

Neither were the previous ones, so I'm not expecting too much.

That sounds like the firs Hobbit movie.

Pretty much, it wasn't really anything new or exciting but it's not in the realms of terrible

At least they aren't star wars prequels bad.

There were star wars prequels?

Sup. Watching Haruka from Yakuza beat people up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9RrdIUpTI

Yoooo that's awesome, can't wait for Y5

360pages

The Hobbit would have been better if they just made one 3 hour move rather than 3 movies... It seemed needless and the book wasn't long enough to warrant it since Harry Potter books were longer and the only one they needed to split up was the last one.

Okingjrr

The Hobbit would have been better if they just made one 3 hour move rather than 3 movies... It seemed needless and the book wasn't long enough to warrant it since Harry Potter books were longer and the only one they needed to split up was the last one.

The other night my family members re-watched 1 & 2 on blu-ray. I told them I couldn't watch the first one again because it would bore me to tears on the third viewing. I watched 2 with them but couldn't stop myself from falling asleep during most of it.
Weirdly enough, I don't ever fall asleep in a movie theater.

Speaking of non-existant Star Wars prequels, I finally started to watch The Clone Wars series. It's definitely what the prequels should have been, in every way. It's so gooddddd
Hearing that the last 2 seasons are apparently gdlk, I'm really excited.

croten

Speaking of non-existant Star Wars prequels, I finally started to watch The Clone Wars series. It's definitely what the prequels should have been, in every way. It's so gooddddd
Hearing that the last 2 seasons are apparently gdlk, I'm really excited.

Non cannon tho

So I woke up at 7PM

Mara, I find Stardust Crusaders
just simply lives on it's "Stand of the Week" format. Each encounter's quality just depends on what the enemy's power is and the situation that arise from it. The boring, nothing ones are especially hard to get through with the anime, while reading I got to just plow it through and read like all of Part 3 in like 2 days, so it didn't suffer nearly as much from being a "fight of the week"
. It's still an inherent problem and makes things way less enjoyable than Part 2, or even the start of part 1.

Not really spoilers, but I tagged it in case.

So I woke up at 7PM

Mara, I find Stardust Crusaders
just simply lives on it's "Stand of the Week" format. Each encounter's quality just depends on what the enemy's power is and the situation that arise from it. The boring, nothing ones are especially hard to get through with the anime, while reading I got to just plow it through and read like all of Part 3 in like 2 days, so it didn't suffer nearly as much from being a "fight of the week"
. It's still an inherent problem and makes things way less enjoyable than Part 2, or even the start of part 1.

Not really spoilers, but I tagged it in case.

JoJo really works best when marathoned. Waiting week by week for it to progress is just bad imo. That's probably why I stopped watching the Part 3 adaptation.

Non cannon tho

I looked it up and apparently it's actually one of the few things that is actually canon now.

I stopped caring about canon when Other M and Mass Effect 3 happened though.

I'm STILL sick, after like a week of dealing with terrible allergies and a sore as fuck throat. I caught up on the Def Jam playthrough and tried to sleep until noon, when I finally passed out.

Gottdang, I hope you get better soon dawg. That don't sound like fun times.

360pages

Have any of you played the really old and obscure PS3 game. Folklore. Apparently it's a fun little action game with an interesting area and world.

Xiraiya

So I just finished up to episode 22 today which is all that was on Netflix. Is there more than that, because the show was excellent?

Yeah there are two seasons, I just finished Season 2, it's 11 episodes long.

Unless of course Netflix has both seasons together, I don't remember season 1 being THAT long, the main sign of that would be that
Kogami isn't in Season 2 at all.

I HAVE RETURNED
also Korrasami is canon and you all have to live with it
kars-laugh-o.gif

also Gintama is the funniest anime ive watched ever
favorite character so far is Kagura
on episode 18 atm
sya later

Okingjrr

I'm STILL sick, after like a week of dealing with terrible allergies and a sore as fuck throat. I caught up on the Def Jam playthrough and tried to sleep until noon, when I finally passed out.
I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks especially during christmas. Get well soon.

I can't believe Pat's W101 segment is just him singing the theme song.

Amazing.
Basically my same reaction. Then, after a while, I just went with it and started singing myself.

JoJo really works best when marathoned. Waiting week by week for it to progress is just bad imo. That's probably why I stopped watching the Part 3 adaptation.
I also dropped watching it week to week. It really hurts Part 3 more than 1 or 2, since they have to dedicate a whole episode if not two to every little stand fight. Death in the manga is super quick, but watching two 20 minute episodes about death, separated by a week of waiting? Ugh.
I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks especially during christmas. Get well soon.
Thanks. I actually don't feel that bad, it's just annoying.

Xiraiya

I HAVE RETURNED
also Korrasami is canon and you all have to live with it

also Gintama is the funniest anime ive watched ever
favorite character so far is Kagura
on episode 18 atm
sya later

1. No one cares about Korra
2. Good, Kagura is a terrific child character
3. My impression of you is now less negative

Top Bottom