• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

YOOOO, that's kickass man.

And congrats Joose
Congrats, enjoy the time off

We're gonna break our record!

Good job! Hopefully your financial aid doesn't get cut.
IT IS thanks to everyone!. I was feeling so bad after that final
Saturday Night Scrublords is amazing. This is everything I wanted in a Scrublords continuation and more. The opening is godlike. Though a 40 minute video with terribad English accents was hilarious.

I feel like I should do an entire list of corrections to their incorrect UK knowledge for funsies but that's effort

Now excuse me, it's nearly 5am and I must make a cup of tea and have some crumpets.

wait whut, WAIT WHUT. Oh man this is gonna be good. I just wish it had actually been during saturday morning, though I guess it's saturday morning somewhere

360pages

What?

Lelouch
was a mastermind who became an tyrant emperor that died as a villain who saved the world.

Light
was just a genius highschool kid who got salty and ate shit after killing the best character in the series.

Lelouch succeeded, but over all I do think Light's goal was a bit more grand, both made huge mistakes, but while Light's mistakes felt more like him simply missing a key or small point.

Lelouch's mistakes felt more about him being a legit dumbass.

That being said I like both characters.

Beloved

I don't ever go back to Louisiana. And the times I have gone back in the past, I've just never had the chance to go to the restaurant. Really sucks. =/ Last time I was there was when I was like 6 or something.

Geez that does suck.

Though 90% of Louisana is basically a shithole with some of the most backassward rednecks you'll ever meet. So maybe you're better off? xD

Xiraiya

Lelouch succeeded, but over all I do think Light's goal was a bit more grand, both made huge mistakes, but while Light's mistakes felt more like him simply missing a key or small point.

Lelouch's mistakes felt more about him being a legit dumbass.

That being said I like both characters.

You do realize, Light is the one with the notebook that kills people right? Not Lelouch.

True, but he also didn't force the second half of his series by making an unfunny joke while his powers were acting up. (Holy shit that was some plot contrivance)

L is the best character in that show. Light had a better psycho break but that is it. Lulu v light is a 9.5/.5 match up

That thing that sparked the events was pretty fucking dumb though

360pages

Lelouche is way better than Light. Light is a piece of shit, Lulu was a good guy deep down.

I don't think Light started off bad, he was pretty much a genius with too much time on his hands. It felt more like a highschool's misaimed attempts to save the world. It wasn't until episode 6 or 7 when I started to think he was an ass.

I think the ending scene when he's running and he passes by his younger self shows this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Geez that does suck.

Though 90% of Louisana is basically a shithole with some of the most backassward rednecks you'll ever meet. So maybe you're better off? xD

Oh, yeah. Though Ohio isn't much better. It's like a little bit of the South somehow made it to the far North. I SEE SO MANY REBEL FLAGS HERE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. And like, being up here, you don't have the "heritage" excuse. It's basically just a big "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M RACIST" banner. Guh. >.<

I don't think Light started off bad, he was pretty much a genius with too much time on his hands. It felt more like a highschool's misaimed attempts to save the world. It wasn't until episode 6 or 7 when I started to think he was an ass.

I think the ending scene when he's running and he passes by his younger self shows this.
Light is literally a Chunni.

You might think this odd, but KFC is absolutely terrible.

It is literally the worst.

I'd sooner eat the chicken they make at the grocery market deli.

It's fucking terrible. Every couple years I get this feeling that it might not be bad and I crave it, then I have it and dumb nonstop infinite ass for awhile, then I remember fuck it.

The chicken at the grocery store across from my house used to be awesome, some of the best I'd ever had, then they changed their recipe and now it's bready trash.

Xiraiya

Light was a psychopath waiting to happen, which the deathnote allowed, he was stupid and emotional and all of his mistakes were because of his saltiness.

Lelouch went about things with way more grace, even with the mistakes he made.

Beloved

If you become a serial killer just because you can kill people with a notebook, you were always a bad person, regardless of the fact it all started with "good intentions".

ultimax

You might think this odd, but KFC is absolutely terrible.

It is literally the worst.

I'd sooner eat the chicken they make at the grocery market deli.
Yeah I don't like KFC either, I was just making a dumb joke lol

I try to stay away from fast food in general as much as I can

360pages

You do realize, Light is the one with the notebook that kills people right? Not Lelouch.

I do, I felt Light took more steps in making sure that things went his way most of the time.

With that said, Light also had more information to go off of than Lulu in most of his situations. Of course simply due to how their stories are set up, Lulu has more chances to mess up. And Light is far to arrogant which caused his ultimate downfall.

Motoko Kusanagi is still the one true waifu that I subscribe to.

Edit: wait a discussion on morality is happening?! I loooove morality.

If you become a serial killer just because you can kill people with a notebook, you were always a bad person, regardless of the fact it all started with "good intentions".
Killing a bunch of bad people, no matter the intentions, still makes you a serial killer. Killers arent nice people. Its the same logic that people who use religion as a justification of murder use.
"Im doing the right thing by killing these people" doesnt matter, killing people is wrong.

6 episodes into 37 episode series. Yeah, Light's a dick. I like both as characters, but Light's bullshit was way stronger and he was a bigger piece of human trash for no reason.

360pages

I think it was more the fact that he original was planning on only killing criminals with it. His first goal was to erase all the evil of the world, of course it was still a bad thing to do. But it goes back to how someone from Highschool would think about ending suffering.

(If I kill all the bad people then only good people would be left)

ultimax

That all depends on Abu.
VZUwbEW.jpg

You guys gotta wait for the next chapter
....you tryna get some hoagie tomorrow?
No
[yes

grimmiq

Must be that Aussie special recipe.

It varies a lot store to store..some are decent, some are fucking disgusting. I gave up on takeaway/fast food for dinner..can spend less and make nicer fried chicken at home. My small home town had 2 absolutely beautiful Fish and Chips shops that I loved as a kid..but moving around the country over the years I've only ever found 1 that tasted on the same level..and they closed down like 5 years ago..

Making a list of games I need for the Wii U. I already have/come in the bundle:

Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros for Wii U

What I want:
Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101
Bayo 2
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

Anything else I forgot? The list does not include future releases

Yeah I don't like KFC either, I was just making a dumb joke lol

I try to stay away from fast food in general as much as I can
I figured, I just love the chance to hate on KFC since I live in KY. When I make it to Japan I'll goto the one down there and have a peice of home with me :p

Also, I've been doing the same thing. My dad offered to treat me to a meal recently and went to a McD's tho, lol.
Is it? The chains around where I live are pretty good. Church's and Popeyes are just chicken drenched in oil and grease.
Never liked Popeyes much either. If I had to get Chicken from a fast food chain, it'd be a Lee's or just the supermarket. I'm spoiled, I suppose.
It's fucking terrible. Every couple years I get this feeling that it might not be bad and I crave it, then I have it and dumb nonstop infinite ass for awhile, then I remember fuck it.
The chicken at the grocery store across from my house used to be awesome, some of the best I'd ever had, then they changed their recipe and now it's bready trash.
My uncle buys it for every other family party, and every time I eat a piece and just ask "why does it gotta be like this".

Grocery chicken is actually kickass, depending on where you get it obviously. Around here they give you almost a pound of popcorn chicken for $2.40, and it's good. That's pretty fucking hard to beat.

Top Bottom