• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Except me, Ive been an awesome writer for a while. I nearly won a district wide writing compition with a short story I made up for a in class assignment where we took stock photos from magazines and had to make them into a coherent story.
I made a sci fi post apocalyptic time travel story using pictures of families sitting at the dinner table, and a lady holding a basket of apples.
1306804643259.jpg

this is a true story but im honestly super self conscious about my writing.

I've won a couple city and statewide writing contests. I'll post the first one I won when I get it scanned in, I don't know where the rest are.

These threads are actually my dream, and you're all sucked into it. Any damage you take in the dream will transfer to real life

weve been over this
my stand allows me to make ANYTHING in a videogame ive played real
so i just give myself Dio powers and command you to stop cause im your boss

360pages

Thank you! All my writing friends are just focused on how awesome they are instead of trying to get better. We all suck.

Join a club online or something. I joined a forum and they can be pretty damn harsh at times with grammar, but they were the ones that motivated me to get a grammar editor in the first place.

I improved the most from the harsher criticisms rather than just someone saying how awesome my writing is.

I've won a couple city and statewide writing contests. I'll post the first one I won when I get it scanned in, I don't know where the rest are.
Well that was the only competition ive ever been in and again it was a really weird story, I might take pictures of it and show it to you guys since its only in a book.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Idea!

SuperBestFriendGAF Writing Competition:

We all have an agreed upon prompt, and then everyone participating writes a short story ~2 - 4 pages.

Prompt format:

Setting: ?
Theme: ?
Genre: ?

Tako

We could all possibly be IRL friends we all had skype and chatted with each other. I mean aside from the Frienders that live relatively close to one another that can actually meet up.

Xiraiya

Idea!

We all have an agreed upon prompt, and then everyone participating writes a short story ~2 - 4 pages.

Prompt format:

Effort, I hate coming up with things on the spot, and Beloved would be far better than me anyway.

The BS thing is that they both got approved almost 2 months before I did. Silly approval process.
The universe just knows.

Join a club online or something. I joined a forum and they can be pretty damn harsh at times with grammar, but they were the ones that motivated me to get a grammar editor in the first place.

I improved the most from the harsher criticisms rather than just someone saying how awesome my writing is.

I realize my writing is really shitty so IDK if that would be perfect for me. I mostly just try to write a lot and edit a shit ton to get better. I am in no rush really it just comes with time. Also I do a lot of screenplays and I know it seems dumb but I don't want anyone to steal them because I am learning to film and stuff and there are some ideas i don't want out there.

360pages

Idea!

Prompt format:

I'd be down with that since I think I'm decent at what I do.

Idea!

Prompt format:

I like said idea. Though if we're doing it within the next week I can't because I reeeaaaaaalllly write these essays.

Idea!

Prompt format:

I'd only draw 2-4 comic pages if I did participate, though that could be another competition for another day

Top Bottom