• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Beloved

Yeah it was news to me too.

fry.PNG

Oberon

Banned

Anyway, I was wondering if people were interested in me doing a giveaway of a bunch of $2.50-$10 visual novels/anime games, or if I should just switch it to a few higher priced games. All Steam games of course.

I guess, having more games would mean more people would get a chance to win something.

Apart from the "Tim Buckley Miscarriage" that was Sticker Star, the Mario RPGs are fucking amazing.

I want the Best Friends to do an LP of one. They are surprisingly LP friendly

BY2K

Membero Americo
Apart from the "Tim Buckley Miscarriage" that was Sticker Star, the Mario RPGs are fucking amazing.

I want the Best Friends to do an LP of one. They are surprisingly LP friendly

Okay, woah, hold the fuck up.

Now Sticker Star may not be a good Paper Mario game. But comparing it to CAD's miscarriage is just uncalled for.

Despite me never playing 1 or 2, post updates on Xenosaga Episode 3. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Will do.

I guess I'll start with my first one now that I'm an hour in.

Xenosaga Ep 3 First Impressions (spoiler free edition)

So far this game, presentation wise is a vast improvement over Xenosaga 2 and especially Xenosaga 1. Hard to believe these are even from the same franchise. Character designs are so much cleaner and nicer to look at than 1 and 2 and the character animations seem much more natural. Music in this game blows everything Mitsuda did in 1 out of the water and is much improved over 2, except the image theme of 2 is still the best song in the series.

Gameplay wise it feels great. Menus are much more easy to read than Xenosaga 1's tech/ether/skill/equipment/character/mech screens and its easier to do and find things. Combat so far is a traditional RPG battle system which this game definitely benefits from. Xenosaga 1 was just a copy paste of Xenogears's battle system except complete, complicated garbage and Xenosaga 2 is Final Fantasy 13 except MUCH MUCH worse on a technical level, since enemies will break the game's rules on a consistent level and nothing is balanced properly. They clearly took every complaint about 1 and 2 and tried to fix it. Game was too slow? Make the battles and animations go much faster. Pacing is horrible? Shorter cutscenes with things actually happening in them.

Won't say anything about the story though so far for spoiler reasons and because I'm only an hour in.

Okay, woah, hold the fuck up.

Now Sticker Star may not be a good Paper Mario game. But comparing it to CAD's miscarriage is just uncalled for.

Its a bad game. What makes it worse is that it has the Paper Mario name attached to it.

The game honestly made me lose faith in Nintendo for awhile.

Anyway, I was wondering if people were interested in me doing a giveaway of a bunch of $2.50-$10 visual novels/anime games, or if I should just switch it to a few higher priced games. All Steam games of course.

I'd be interested in it. Visual Novels are the new hotness. Move aside, Naughty Dog.

Wow, they sure are sonic heroes.

I wrote a poem about that game:

What does one have to say after 20 years?
Memories of jumping, running and playing.
But sadly your new games confirm our fears
Sega, your owner, knows you aren't well and insists on staying
I remember a hedgehog stylish and quick
And traveling the world on adventures we had
But the new games are terrible and make me sick.
You made us young kids happy
We ran along Green Hills and Chemical Plants
But your new games are quite crappy
Sadly it seems Sega only listens to the sycophants
They love a company that puts you through the ringer.
We long for the days where we played long past
But Sega's treatment of you is quite the stinger.
We look on with our jaws dropped and aghast
Maybe its time to call it quits
The glitches in Sonic Boom make me wince
Big Red made a game that gives us the shits.
Its time to let go. Goodnight Sweet Prince

School Days
on the list was sure something.
Lololol.
Its a bad game. What makes it worse is that it has the Paper Mario name attached to it.
The game honestly made me lose faith in Nintendo for awhile.
I'm like five minutes in and it's at least one of the more charming Paper Mario games. I don't expect it to hold a candle to 64, TTYD, or even Super, but I expect to have a fun time.

I actually really liked Super Paper Mario. A linear puzzle-platformer was fun, but I'm still yearning for a real sequel to TTYD.

Will do.

I guess I'll start with my first one now that I'm an hour in.

Xenosaga Ep 3 First Impressions (spoiler free edition)
It seemed really jarring looking at the past 3D models from the past two games in comparison to 3. I did really enjoy the music for the great bosses that show up along with the subtle ones in some cutscenes.

Some of the animations might seem off due to the disconnectedness of the double and revenge moves, but its pretty much my major gripe.

I hope they do eventually make an HD collection since 3's models could hold up today. If my PS2 didn't break I would love to replay it.

Top Bottom