• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Rizzi

Oh, Borderlands 2 also no longer randomly drops to sub 30 for no reason.
So many games in my backlog to play!

I missed Shadow Warrior being on sale on steam.
Boo!

Almost_Got_Im_Croc.jpg
It's an alienware...

demidar

Eh Borderlands is good for what it is. A shoot em up with really basic RPG elements. Just something to play with friends when you wanna play Co-Op FPS that is actually decent.

Yeah I don't think Borderlands 1/2 is a great game (the loot kinda sucks and the shooting is passable). Like many things though, it's a lot better with friends.

Eh Borderlands is good for what it is. A shoot em up with really basic RPG elements. Just something to play with friends when you wanna play Co-Op FPS that is actually decent.

If the gun mechanics were better, I would be all over the game.

But it isn't even fun to shoot. Also it feels super grindy, with the bullet sponges enemies, and while there are a ton of weapons, not too many of them are unique. And it has my biggest problem with Destiny: Poor Loot.

Rizzi

The rest is coming with the next paycheck.

I'm going for a 970, but I have no idea of which model.

I can't tell the difference between RAM, apart from the size.

I can't motherboard.

This is going to be fun.

PCs have really changed since 2008......

I do, but there's no amazon IE.

You should ask these fine folks.

Yeah I don't think Borderlands 1/2 is a great game (the loot kinda sucks and the shooting is passable). Like many things though, it's a lot better with friends.
It's way better with friends. It has the Final Fight and Golden Axe Syndrome for me. Decent game, but way better with Co-Op.

If the gun mechanics were better, I would be all over the game.

But it isn't even fun to shoot. Also it feels super grindy, with the bullet sponges enemies, and while there are a ton of weapons, not too many of them are unique. And it has my biggest problem with Destiny: Poor Loot.
Grinding for legendaries can be a bitch but that's about it. Also alot of the regular weapons are generic, but the legendaries and flavor text weapons can be cool.

Have you tried Killing Floor? It's satisfying as fuck.
I have not, is it on sale on Steam right now?

Jman014

Can we be cuteGAF for awhile?

*insert chibi Korra image*

It's way better with friends. It has the Final Fight and Golden Axe Syndrome for me. Decent game, but way better with Co-Op.

Grinding for legendaries can be a bitch but that's about it. Also alot of the regular weapons are generic, but the legendaries and flavor text weapons can be cool.

I have not, is it on sale on Steam right now?

Yeah it's on sale right now for 50% off.

It's an FPS version of Diablo with horrible gunplay and shit grinding, you're better off playing a different co-op shooter

Hey, if Destiny had actual singleplayer content and way way more gun variety maybe I'd play that instead. But I love Diablo looting and I love FPS gun combat, so unless you can show me a better game with both of those things, I'm still better off playing Borderlands.

360pages

I will say this about DBZ. It knows how to end Story arcs. Even if a lot of stuff leading up to those arcs were kind of meh.

None of them ever ended flaccid outside of maybe the Buu Saga, and even then that was probably more due to the epilogue than the Saga itself.

I mean, the Frieza Saga build up to Goku first turning Super Sayian the fight and you wondering how he escapes before you realize he flat out doesn't (At least at the time before he actually explains how he did it)

(Of course this is mostly the Kai version, I legit wonder how I would feel watching the uncut version of these with double the time)

Hey, if Destiny had actual singleplayer content and way way more gun variety maybe I'd play that instead. But I love Diablo looting and I love FPS gun combat, so unless you can show me a better game with both of those things, I'm still better off playing Borderlands.
That's why I wanna get into Borderlands, but the gunplay is atrocious. I could deal with the bad loot if the gunplay was sublime.
Guys.

I'm about to download the FFXIV free trial.

Is this a mistake?
I heard it was pretty good.

Top Bottom