• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

mike0dude

Matt must be furiously masturbating right now
B5lVqeXIMAA2h55.jpg

Alfebit

Banned
Guys.

I'm about to download the FFXIV free trial.

Is this a mistake?

Want to get married?

You can enter the raffle for as many games as you want, but please only restrict it to games you are interested in. You also can only win one game, so applying to too many games decreases the chances of getting the game you really want, but it also means if you lose and have no backup picks you won't get anything, so there's a fun bit of metagaming for you guys :D

If you guys have any troubles with the redemption links in a day's time, PM me and I'll try and sort it out.

I sure hope those tildes don't mess this thing up :/

Super nice of you man.

Zenfalcia

hey guys long time to see. That's due to dumb reaons, i have to buy my internet hourly from the hotel. Life with internet sucks, i can't even check gaf. At least i got my anime.. so there's that.

By the way Jack, the extra content in Golden is fucking garbage and kind of fucks up Rise's character, which is a shame. Dunno if you've played that or the original.
Gameplay changes are great tho.

Golden fucks up all of the characters. P4G is where the flanderization started and it just got worse with all the new spinoffs.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I see. I'm reading about the characters and patch notes since the latest one and all I see is people shitting on the elf for being borderline useless now. I do think that's some extreme hyperbole, but I have noticed one thing everyone keeps mentioning: Bosses barely drop arrows.

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't have issues with mobs, I just get the feeling that it takes a lot longer for me to get rid of them in comparison to certain other classes. Flying enemies, for example, are insanely difficult to hit properly, whereas others can just pummel them regularly. Overall the game is quite easy so far, but I've simply noticed a few oddities here and there. I fare a lot better than the NPC's during boss fights, though I eventually lack any form of damage output when my arrows deplete and bosses refuse to drop any.

Ah, I see. I might try out other classes, including sorc, after I'm done with a first playthrough. You say that sorc is a good support class, but what's their damage dealing potential?

Yeah, there was a point where the Elf was really hurting because the arrow drops were just too infrequent. They've remedied that since, I believe, especially with bosses. The game is pretty easy. Things will ramp up a bit once you get to the higher difficulties for sure.

Sorc damage is surprisingly sound. Sorc's can do good damage with certain spells (like Rock Press and Blizzard), and once you have a health mana pool your staves can cast really powerful magic. Her magic will just always be outclassed by the Wizard in terms of pure damage. They both have some problems starting out, though.

DPS is the Sorc's weakness, but at the same time, every other character's damage and survivability skyrockets when a Sorc is available. With a healthy allotment of skills and good equipment, I don't have problems soloing Sorc, but it can be rougher early on without co-op partners. Luckily she can summon a skeleton army, and they made some pretty nice buffs to them.

Zenfalcia

Oh that sucks. Well hope your 5 days go well. <3

i hope they do too.. at least all food am alchohol is included..
maybe i'll get wasted :/
Sorry to hear that, hope things get better.

eh.. yeah.. i got anime to watch at least.
Hotel internet is the WORST. Good to see you though, how's the trip?

it's good internet just 5$ an hour.
Lol, it's been like 1-2 days. I texted you some stuff. Not sure if you saw.

I took out my sim card so i don't pay long distance fees.

Rizzi

Ground Zeroes runs at 60 with everything at max except for Screen Filtering. That I have to turn down to High. It's a good port.

Alfebit

Banned
Say what you will about Korra S2, but I find (spoilers for episodes 7 & 8)
the story of the first Avatar really cool and entertaining. I suppose that's where the season picks up.

Yeah, after that is when Korra stops being a shit to everyone.

ALFEBIIIIT!
What class did you choose and how far are you?

I picked Amazon. Her jump makes me feel weird
because dat ass.
I got I think 3 or 4 dungeons in before I passed out.

i got 5 more days to go and 5 more days of no to little internet.

That sounds terrible. Well try to have fun.

So wait is that marriage thing with players or NPCs.

Players I assume.

Yup, players. You get special gear from it too so I'm kind of serious about randomly marrying someone.

I agree. In fact, I said the exact same thing somewhere in the previous OT after finishing Golden. That being said, while the extra content doesn't help any character, some got fucked up worse than others for sure. Varying degrees of fucking up, basically.

It's not even just the characters. Some of the new events are really dumb, Marie was completely unnecessary, and some of the gameplay changes make the game way too easy.

I took out my sim card so i don't pay long distance fees.

Oh well. It wasn't that important. Enjoy your trip.

ultimax

I'm only back for a message or two and then i'll be gone for another 5 days or so until i get free internet instead of needing to pay hourly :/
hourly? thats more than enough time to watch 2 episodes of kiss x sis!
I don't know whether I should like or dislike golden. Everything that was in the original is better, but almost everything new they've added is just fucking shit. The events are mostly shit, the new dungeon is awful, the new character is weak, the dialog is obnoxious. One of the very few good things to come out of Golden was (DON'T CLICK UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME)
Adachi's S-Link

If I could play golden with the new content turned off, it'd be the definitive best version of P4. It probably still is, but the new content really drag it down.

i agree completely, the new events are some of the most cringeworthy parts about the game. the only new thing added in i actually like is Chie's new voice actor and of course the
Adachi s link, since hes my favorite character.

even the new epilogue is kinda unnecessary. I didn't like the new character desgins at all

Top Bottom