• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I love hardcore wrestling but holy shit was it oversaturated for the last 10+ years. It's not as bad as it was (as far as how many shows/matches) but most of it quality wise is fucking shit.

Being from the West Coast where it's less common, makes it more hype when a show has one rather than being a regular thing.

Hardcore can be done right.

Look at Foley/Triple H in 1999/2000. Old example I know, but hear me out.

Triple H spent his time when he came to power being a dick. Completely fucking around with the company. Everyone just put up with their shit, except for Foley. And for standing up to the bullies, Mick was disgraced and lost his job.

The entire locker room threatened to walk out unless he was reinstated. So he was and he wanted revenge. He got his match at the 2000 Royal Rumble. Street Fight. Anything goes.

If a match has the right build, it can work. Hardcore can work, but it's mostly filled with guys like Sandman. Can't do moves, can't take moves, can bleed for money.

I would recommend finding that Foley match, it's one of the best that there is.

Hardcore can be done right.

Look at Foley/Triple H in 1999/2000. Old example I know, but hear me out.

Triple H spent his time when he came to power being a dick. Completely fucking around with the company. Everyone just put up with their shit, except for Foley. And for standing up to the bullies, Mick was disgraced and lost his job.

The entire locker room threatened to walk out unless he was reinstated. So he was and he wanted revenge. He got his match at the 2000 Royal Rumble. Street Fight. Anything goes.

If a match has the right build, it can work. Hardcore can work, but it's mostly filled with guys like Sandman. Can't do moves, can't take moves, can bleed for money.

I would recommend finding that Foley match, it's one of the best that there is.
Oh yeah for sure. I can't stand matches where guys just throw everything at each other for 10 minutes and just shrug off everything immediately after being hit. Its the fucking worst.

Oh, duh, sorry, I'm thinking of Quantum Devil Saga, which are the books the main writer of DDS made that are her own take on the DDS story.

It was a guy that wrote Digital Devil Story, Aya Nishitani. I tried looking for a copy to read and stumbled upon the Project-H line of books available on the Kobo bookstore.

Oh yeah for sure. I can't stand matches where guys just throw everything at each other for 10 minutes and just shrug off everything immediately after being hit. Its the fucking worst.

Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons why I never got into wrestling. Hardcore looks more up my alley, but eh.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Can you see Russia from your room?
J1GnKQN.jpg
I'm not sure. But it has started to snow.

It was a guy that wrote Digital Devil Story, Aya Nishitani. I tried looking for a copy to read and stumbled upon the Project-H line of books available on the Kobo bookstore.
I thought Yu Godai was the author of the original scenario?
Ah nevermind, Wikipedia has the answer for me
Godai was contracted by Atlus for drafting the story of Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga video game series. She left the project halfway due to health issues but held the contract right to publish her own version of the novel based on the setting of the game, which later became the Quantum Devil Saga series.

Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons why I never got into wrestling. Hardcore looks more up my alley, but eh.

ECW, for the very brief time it was relevant, was the best promo company in American wrestling.

So much so that the WCW and WWE poached talent from there under Paul Heyman's nose.

Eddie Guerrero an Chris Benoit are ECW guys IIRC.

I'm not sure. But it has started to snow.

It's like 45 and humid in NYC. Definitely not Christmas weather.

Some of my Xmas haul:
Bayo 2
Sun Bros shirt
Reploids Against Mavericks shirt
USF4
Link amiibo
and a TV big enough to throw a seven year old girl into!

Its kinda charming how wrong Woolie and Matt are about everything rap related in the Def Jam LP

Well, Matt's white and Woolies basically white. So you can't really blame them

Okingjrr

Man, I just re-watched the Def Jam brawl and realized 2 things:
1. The intro is so fucking hype!
2. Pat is the whitest motherfucker of the Zaibatsu.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Oh shit thanks for the heads up, I thought we had more time, can I get a link to the rules again? It was 2 pages double spaced with 12 times new roman right?

Okay, recap post and the final solution to our problem:

Jp4zhmd.png

What?
A writing contest between these people (no late entries, but judges are welcome).
zyErWHO.png

They will write a short 2-4 page story based on this prompt: The Life and Times of Baby Ashley: "Four Men and a Baby". Suggestions for writing include focusing just on the "4 men and a baby part" or just a story about Baby Ashley. Based on this bracket, judges will decide the winner of a matchup, and will continue until we have a winner.
Of whom should I be afraid?
The judges: Banana Aeon, 360pages, and GlitchesAreCool. Potentially a 4th if anyone wished to volunteer.
Who?
Baby Ashley is a baby doll that our very own Pat received in the mail, and has since been made canon.
Here is a great video explaining this further.
Baby Ashley
When?
Deadline is Jan 1.
Format?
Double spaced, times new roman, 12pt font.
How do I submit?
Send me the link to your story as a google doc accessible to anyone with the link, which will allow ease of access when judging begins.
My story didn't get picked? Why?!
The judges decisions are final, this is a dumb contest, so calm down.

You can write whatever the fuck kind of style or genre you want, but Baby Ashley has to be in it somehow.

So I booted up ZombiU. That name is still godawful, but after playing other survival horror games since it came out, I think I like this game a lot more, it's basically open world survival horror. When I played the game on launch I had never played a game in the genre and was absolutely lost.

The Gamepad stuff should really let me hit B to close the backpack and stuff though. It's annoying for my swipe not to register immediately when I realize Zambambos are coming,
Like my feet are enveloped in clouds
Water vapor? Sounds wet, gross.

Top Bottom