• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Until Jam comes out, I'm going to try out Slayer and Elphelt. It's just a matter of time. She's gotta be in the next iteration.

All I want to know is are there more grapplers on the way? Or is one real grappler per game kind of an Arcsys staple?

I just started playing it and I do like the way slayer feels right now. I just got to figure out how to move around the screen appropriately with him. I know that Jam plays a lot like a boxing rush down character minus the boxing, but she ain't in the game.

Want to play online today, eh Shack?

My little cousin loves Pokemon and asked me if he could play the original Pokemon (I had blue with a gameboy colour).

He then asked how you turn on the light on the gameboy because the screen was too dark.

I asked that, and I played that crap when it came out. Fuck that dark screen. Thank goodness the DS finally came out and saved us from the no backlight gameboy plague.

Thanks, I have to thank Plague too, because he showed me how to shade well^^

YES, I want to talk about so much things now, but I don't want to overwhelm you.
So I want to hear your thoughts on those things

Andre x Risa
The Bottle ( including rocket)
WT
The Chairman
Your (least) favorite moments

That's the best part about Prison school, you never know where it's heading
i dunno how I feel about the whole Andre X Risa thing. Like it just sort of happened and Risas character seems sort of weird to me, like I dont know enough about her to understand why she wants to please Andre so much.
The bottle thing cracks me up so much and i love every single thing about Hana and Kiyoshi and how she goes all nuts whenever anything involving Kiyoshi happens. And oh god the OY was just like wow this is hilarious.
oOh god the WT was just hilarious, i thought that there was some sort of event that would lead to the boys expulsion that the aboveground student council was planning but no it was the WT
the chairman is a fun character and i love him, i love the whole ass/tits discussion at the end of the OBE arc and the panel with him holding Kiyoshi telling him that enough is one of my favorite panels in the whole manga.
as for least favorite moments thats really fucking hard actually...i would have to say...all the yaoi stuff involving gokutos girlfriend, and honestly just her character in general because shes just sort of uninteresting compared to the rest of the cast.

joe2187

Banned
Everyone get off of GAF and watch The Interview

I cant my Xbox One is a brick without online, and it's not up on PSN for some reason.

but whatever

tumblr_inline_nh4qlvIbdn1qjphhj.gif

360pages

Christ, calling Ian Rotten a scumbag is putting it lightly. I felt like shit giving a YouTube video of his a watch.

Piece of shit.

Geez, what did he do?

Also, my story Club finally read my story this week...they didn't hate it, actually they have been mostly positive about it. (Which is impressive since they do actually pay attention to story and characters)

Xenosaga Episode 3 Chapter 1 Impressions

I finished chapter one and I've already heard FOUR different battle themes in this game. That's as much as I've heard in Ep.1 and Ep.2 combined! The difference between Ep.3 and Ep.1 and Ep.2 is night and day. Its very hard to believe this is even from the same trilogy. Not much has happened story wise that would even make sense to post here unless you've played Xenosaga 1 and 2, but cutscene work is great (and that music is hnnnnggggg) and the characters are interesting, especially with what's happening with Shion's character. I'll post more impressions as I go on and spoiler tag them when necessary.

Xenosaga Episode 3 Chapter 1 Impressions

I finished chapter one and I've already heard FOUR different battle themes in this game. That's as much as I've heard in Ep.1 and Ep.2 combined! The difference between Ep.3 and Ep.1 and Ep.2 is night and day. Its very hard to believe this is even from the same trilogy. Not much has happened story wise that would even make sense to post here unless you've played Xenosaga 1 and 2, but cutscene work is great (and that music is hnnnnggggg) and the characters are interesting, especially with what's happening with Shion's character. I'll post more impressions as I go on and spoiler tag them when necessary.
I played, and still have episode 1, and its one of the two worst RPGs ive ever played...the other being FFXII

I played, and still have episode 1, and its one of the two worst RPGs ive ever played...the other being FFXII

Xenosaga episode 1 is also one of the worst RPGs I've played as well. I did an LttP thread on Ep1 and 2 and basically shit all over them.

However, 3 so far has been nothing short of impressive at the least.

360pages

What's wrong with FF12?

I personally prefer the regular turn based system. But outside the story being somewhat confusing and jumbled in some places, I didn't find it bad at all.

What's wrong with FF12?

I personally prefer the regular turn based system. But outside the story being somewhat confusing and jumbled in some places, I didn't find it bad at all.
I just found it so boring and not fun, like the protagonist was just annoying along with thw chick, panella or something, and the combat wasnt fun, I get they were going for an mmo type of combat but I just found it annoying. Also the whole licence board thing I found annoying and I hate loot systems where you get money by selling stuff you get from monsters, just give me money. I dunno, I tried it one two different occasions and hated it both times. The only things in that game I like are, the music, Balthier, Fran, and Gabranth.

Nordicus

YA'LL MOTHERFUCKERS ON THE LAST PAGE DON'T KNOW BOUT DAT GOD USOPP

THAT'S ALL I'LL SAY I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO SEE THAT SHIT ANIMATED
If there isn't a video of Usopp's apotheosis with Circle of Life song running in the background within a week of the scene being turned into anime, I'll be horribly disappointed.

Oberon

Banned

I think Rube Goldberg Klutz is here to give Jo a bit more character developement, which he needed.
About Risa, I think at first she saw it as some kind of challange ( she said that it was some kind of honor thing). There was also that panel where Andre said that Risa-chans hit where too nice, and that she don't actually want to hurt him ( we see her blushing at that moment)
But then later on it's more about her complexes , like when she said that her breasts don't bounce and she is jealous of Meiko because of that.

Fuck that, I'm reading ecchi manga instead.

Mhm, could I ask which ecchi manga you're reading?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yo, I got a harmonica and a bunch of recording stuff for christmas, and lemme tell you. Harmonicas are fun as hell.

Also, whats the link to the NNID google doc?

I almost cringed at the difference in tone between chapter 1 and the very start of chapter 2 when I first played it. Good thing it was short
with the fan service
tho. Kinda reminded me of
Rise Scene in the start of P4

Yeah that seemed a little odd from the transition of the prologue to chapter 1 as well. Won't be able to start chapter 2 till later since I just got to work.

Nordicus

Oh, god, I'm becoming the Lewd police
GODDAMNIT 360, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR TWO-BIT EXCUSES!

When the moderators find out that lewd reading material slipped through our fingers, they're gonna make me a laughingstock and Mayor Lars Abia is gonna come looking for my links!

Now, what is the plan, people?! Are you on the Google?!
I don't even know what I'm going for here

Everyone get off of GAF and watch The Interview

Why waste your money?

The movie wasn't even on anyone's radars until the hack happened. The fact that Sony is able to make bucketloads of money off of such a bad event sickens me, worse still being the fact that people now think this entire thing has been staged just to make money off the interview.

All I want to know is are there more grapplers on the way? Or is one real grappler per game kind of an Arcsys staple?

Want to play online today, eh Shack?

I asked that, and I played that crap when it came out. Fuck that dark screen. Thank goodness the DS finally came out and saved us from the no backlight gameboy plague.
nintendo-game-boy-advance-sp-3gh.jpg

Best handheld ever and I still play gameboy games on this beaut

Yeah that seemed a little odd from the transition of the prologue to chapter 1 as well. Won't be able to start chapter 2 till later since I just got to work.
oh that was the prologue to Ch.1? I haven't played it in a long time, so the chapter structure really fuzzy.

I forgot that there was even a prologue.

Geez, what did he do?

Also, my story Club finally read my story this week...they didn't hate it, actually they have been mostly positive about it. (Which is impressive since they do actually pay attention to story and characters)

He booked matches like the one linked and didn't pay people to give you the short side.

Google for a bit more. I think one time he setup a death match between a mentally disabled fan who thought wrestling was real, with his daughter who legit beat the shit out of him.

Also, congrats man.

360pages

He booked matches like the one linked and didn't pay people to give you the short side.

Google for a bit more. I think one time he setup a death match between a mentally disabled fan who thought wrestling was real, with his daughter who legit beat the shit out of him.

Also, congrats man.

Wow, that really is a scummy thing to do...

Top Bottom