• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Today I played the "Not-Gundam" game, Virtual On: Cyber Troopers. This is probably the oldest arcade game that I'm surprise still works. However, I never did learn how the lock-on worked or when to dash.

Tomorrow (or later today) I should be back home and can finally catch up on SBF vids again.

Going to sleep, posting this quickly beforehand just to let people know there's one more spot available for Smash and 3 spots for Ultimax.

I'm doing an Ultimax/Smash Tournament thing for fun. Quote to reveal doc with rules/details. Sign ups end 27th around 3PM PST

We'll start after everyone is in and I send people their opponents.

joe2187

Banned
Neil DeGrasse Tyson taking a cue from Kamiya and trolling on twitter.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/548140622826459136
neil-degrasse-tyson-wants-to-go-to-europa--a-moon-with-an-ocean-of-water.jpg

Alright, I need to go to bed before I keep playing more Ninja Gaiden. So far I've gone through all chapters with Master Ninja rank, save for Ch. 5 where I fucked up and used a ninpo slot and couldn't refill it so I lost some points.

Still, feeling pretty good about myself. Such a fucking fantastic game.

Night.

I finished the GB P4 Endurance Run. It was great aside from watching them struggle with basic things. After 90 plus hours of playing a game you should not be getting lost in menus and hitting wrong buttons. The dungeons and watching them fuse can get really dull but their reactions to the story, the characters, and the s links are great. The LP was really hyped up and while some of the parts really live up to the hype there is quite a bit of down time and it is obvious that they are tired of the game at parts.

If you have 99 hours and 59mins to kill and want to see people who are new to the game react to it, I would recommend it. They get spoiled on it at some point and that is a bit of a damper but it is not too bad.
EDIT: Top of the page post is shilling a different group. What an AHMAZING Friender

Katsura Hashino (Atlus)
Known for: Persona series

“...In recent times especially, there’s a pervading sense of oppression for many people at an existential level, but so long as we as a species are able to form relationships one another in this world, we’ll always have the ability within ourselves to be able to break free from such restraints, both as individuals, but especially for groups that have a strong sense of self. In making a new proper numbered entry in the Persona series, we’re hoping to bring those issues to the forefront and are working tireless on it to make it happen, so be sure to keep an eye on more information about Persona 5 in the coming months.”

Translated quote from 4Gamer's 2014 Japanese developer survey

Do you guys know if this is a sale price? I don't really have extra cash right now but $15 is really tempting.
I would assume so, at least that is what the best buy ad suggests

Oooooh yeah, I disappear from the internet for Christmas and Dark Souls ended, Bug Island continued and motherfucking anime of the year voting thread got made! Good goddamn time to not be around my family!

Oh yeah, this seems semi-important, did anyone decide on if they want to make the next thread? I can take Zen's work and slap some stuff together by this time tomorrow, if need be.

We seem to average around 8/16 pages a day lately. So hopefully it shouldn't be a pressing issue for the next 24 hours.

Top Bottom