• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

croten

Catching up with the podcast, even Woolie is getting in to prison school. Just what is it? All I know is that Oberon pushes it

5 boys are attending a school were every other student is a girl. There is a secret underground student council that made a rule that the girls are not allowed to speak to any of the boys but day the boys peep on the girls in the bathroom but get caught, the punishment is to be sent to the in school prison.

Finally! It took a shit ton of essence, but I have fully upgraded the wooden sword to the Unlabored Flawlessness.

It's a giant, wooden paddle that deals a serious amount of damage. Brilliant.

Squishy3

Once you've finished a fight, you can press R1 to show which materials you can find in the level. Also, you can use this to see whuch missions you need to do in ordee to get a certain material.
My issue is more that specific, long missions are the only way to get certain materials at times, meaning you have to spend 15 minutes and just hope you get the right material. If not, have fun doing that again and again and again. So many weapon customization options are locked behind progression points and it tons of hours before the game opens up.

And the worst thing is I like the game. It's just so insanely frustrating and broken at times. I'm still hoping to play it co-op one of these days. If PSN is up and you're willing, we could try it out and see how it works.
The problem I find is that it has a lot of things that bug me as a longtime MH player. I like the core gameplay but I don't like everything else surrounding it, and when making a game in this vein they absolutely need to look at the improvements MH has made with each iteration and incorporate them. While the idea of the story is cool, going around the Panopticon/fast traveling everywhere isn't as good as just having everything in one centralized location like MH does, plus the load screens don't help.

And being severely limited in the beginning doesn't feel great for the type of game that this is. I might revisit it eventually but it's just reignited the MH hunger in me and I'll be going back to that instead. In MH you're limited in the beginning but there's a natural escalation as you build up your weapons and armor to fight bigger and badder monsters.

I really liked the sub. Whose voices work on your nerves?

The worst offenders are Mako and the pink haired girl (Nonon I think)?

Other really bad ones, but not as bad are Ryuko, the sailor suit (Senketsu I think)?, Satsuki and the nerd guy on the computer.

The boxer and Gamagoori were fine.

Its just something I have to get used to. I can't expect Monogatari, Jojo or Ippo levels of good voice acting from every anime. Some just aren't that good.

it's about the hometown life of 5 boys who are put in Prison in school.
no seriously it is
The wonders of philosophical smut.
5 boys are attending a school were every other student is a girl. There is a secret underground student council that made a rule that the girls are not allowed to speak to any of the boys but day the boys peep on the girls in the bathroom but get caught, the punishment is to be sent to the in school prison.
What everyone has already said, plus misunderstandings that happen one after another that move the story along.

And is this a thing i should sink my teeth in to? I know it's a comedy and has fanservice which i can probably handle

Other really bad ones, but not as bad are Ryuko, the sailor suit (Senketsu I think)?, Satsuki and the nerd guy on the computer.

Its just something I have to get used to. I can't expect Monogatari, Jojo or Ippo levels of good voice acting from every anime. Some just aren't that good.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

croten

Really? The only voice that irritated me was Nonon but I thought it fit the character

tumblr_inline_n24pzfouk31rv74kd.gif

I don't agree that most of the ones you mentioned have bad voice acting (I like Ryuko's, Satsuki's and Gamagoori's voice), but I can understand them being grating. It seems you practically hate the VA of almost the entire main cast, so I'm actually not sure about recommending you to watch further if you can't get used to it.

It wouldn't be fair to only give it one episode, especially the voices. I'll just have to wait to see if everything clicks as I keep going.

Gurren had kind of a rough start to me as well, but that got much better as it went along.

Yeah same, I got behind on it because it ended up feeling a bit too repetitive but I am watching part 6 right now since I have nothing better to do atm.

I mean its not bad but just makes me kinda go *shrug* half the time.

Its why doing the story mode of a fighting/wrestling game is not great LP material unless the game is completely batshit.

Perhaps its the weeb in me but I prefer when they play Japanese games

Beloved

I stopped around episode 3. It's just not doing it for me. I try to use it as background noise, but I keep noticing that I'm often shutting it out entirely.

Cryme Tyme in general seems to work better being one offs, though there are games out there that could be consistently entertaining (GTA games for instance) but they dont really work for a full LP either since they are long as shit.

Yeah, agreed. Most of the games are either not batshit or terrible enough to turn it into a full LP or they're too mediocre. A single vid per game is more than enough.

And yeah, a GTA LP does sound a bit interesting, but it would indeed be way too long and would probably be filled with too much passive riding/running/flying/shooting around to stay interesting.

I'm liking the Def Jam LP, but I got nostalgia for the title, and love the banter. It is a repitive game to watch though.

GTA, or any open world game would be boring as hell to watch, unless they cut the fat out, and just show us missions/hype shit happening.

It's a hit-or-miss character and it seems to be a catastrophic miss for you. check a few more episodes to see whether you opinion of her will change. She's basically the "Caring and highly energetic moron" character of the show.

If only he knew how hype Mako becomes towards the end of the show.

She has her great moments. Just give it 5 episodes.

I'm enjoying the Def Jam LP when they aren't looking at the Blazin' moves after every fight. When it comes to the fights, they're repetitive, but it's still fun to watch some guy get KO punched by a large black man covered in tribal tattoos.

Which is another thing: Rage has gotten a lot of supporters from people in the sub-reddit and the comments. It's one of the most viral pieces of Zaibatsu lore this year.

DOUBLE REPPUKEN!

GODDAMN IT! If only I could fucking buy that right now, but I'm sure they don't ship internationally. I wish we'd get some kind of fucking sale here in NL, instead of having to pay $480 for a barebones PS4.

I'm tempted to buy it, but eh there's other things on my radar I need to get, like a new dresser.

350 is my price point where I'd happily buy in, otherwise next year I'll be a PC gamer officially.

Hey guys just gonna post this one last time since I'm setting everything up in a bit over two hours and closing it.

There is a Smash and Ultimax Friender Tournament going on. Quote to reveal details and rules. There are small prizes being given to top placers.

There's 3 spots open for Ultimax. Hopefully it doesn't end up in an odd amount of participants and make the brackets jank.

Hey guys just gonna post this one last time since I'm setting everything up in a bit over two hours and closing it.

There is a Smash and Ultimax Friender Tournament going on. Quote to reveal details and rules. There are small prizes being given to top placers.

There's one more spot left for Smash and 3 spots open for Ultimax. Hopefully it doesn't end up in an odd amount of participants and make the brackets jank.

I'm in for Smash.

I am going to wait for a PS4 until April when Mortal Kombat X and Dark Souls II: Scholar comes out.

Maybe get Guilty Gear cheap and Bloodborne for $50 and then I can get Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition when that comes out.

croten

There's 3 spots open for Ultimax. Hopefully it doesn't end up in an odd amount of participants and make the brackets jank.

I'm curious, why is Pat not allowed a prize?

Beloved

Going through old forum avatars/signatures that are too big to use here without editing, so many cute girls everywhere, I'm tempted to make a post here with the best ones
because lewdGAF would probably appreciate it.

Top Bottom