• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Dammit, didn't get Master Ninja rank in chapter 16. That makes two now.

I'm starting to get hungry though. Maybe I should eat...

...or I could keep playing since there's only three chapters left...

Dragon Ball, the training arc so far is actually pretty fun. It's just two episodes long, we get to see what the other characters are doing during Goku and Krillin's training arc. Also, the training is hard as hell, I'm surprise most series simply stop training arc and just have characters get giant power boost.

Training arcs are kinda boring, for those who just wanna see action.

And hard to write.

360pages

Training arcs are kinda boring, for those who just wanna see action.

And hard to write.

True, but it's important to show growth at the same time. I know i's boring to some, but I see a lot of people complaining about random powerboost in anime, plus even if it was only 5 EP I enjoyed the training arc in Dragon Ball

croten

True, but it's important to show growth at the same time. I know i's boring to some, but I see a lot of people complaining about random powerboost in anime, plus even if it was only 5 EP I enjoyed the training arc in Dragon Ball

Random power boosts are dumb but I'd rather that that n 2-3 episodes of boring shit.

I'm at code 6 of freedom wars. Anyone still up for some freedom wars when PSN is back up (whenever that may be)?

You're caught up to me like I said!

Assuming it's back up tomorrow I'll play some with ya. I'll boot it back up tonight after work and re-familiarize myself with the game.

croten

I heard PS versions show no players online or some BS, but I unno.
TTGL
justifies it super well by tying everything to emotion and determination.

TTGL
does it well because there is a (un)steady growth throughout the series. It felt natural in a weird way.

Its 3$ so I'm getting it anyway. I may not ever play online with it, but it's one more game for me to beat my brother at and feel like I accomplished something in life
If you get the chance to play Nidhogg locally just once or twice it's worth it. Hell, I think the Singleplayer isn't half bad. That game kicks ass.

That netcode is offensive to humanity.

I heard PS versions show no players online or some BS, but I unno.

Its 3$ so I'm getting it anyway. I may not ever play online with it, but it's one more game for me to beat my brother at and feel like I accomplished something in life

Hmmm that's a shame. Guess I'm getting it on Steam in the future. Maybe they'll patch it by then.
Doubt it

Yeah, I rushed through the main missions as everything is locked behind them. Looking forward to playing together, though whether we actually can depends on whether PSN will get back up.

I don't think I'm playing this the way I'm supposed to though. I'm running around with two barbara shotguns =P.

I'm still running around with mostly early game stuff myself so I'm getting my shit wrecked by some of the unique Abductors.

I haven't even tried to customize my character or accessory yet either. Partly because of lazyness but mostly because the game itself is just too fun.

Finally continuing the X Collection after a short break. This game is alright I guess. I have mixed feelings about it. I am definitely enjoying, but there are a lot of things that bug me. Rant time:

The stages in the game are so bland. At this point I've beaten every boss besides Magma Dragoon and I can't think of any level that I enjoyed. They're all really boring and some of them are just outright bad (I'm looking at you, Jet Stingray).

The bosses are incredibly easy. You may think it's unfair to say that since I'm using their weaknesses, but this wasn't an issue in X1. In X1, even if you used a boss' weakness, they were still difficult (Well, all of them besides Spark Mandrill). In X4 you just hit them with their weakness, they get stunned, and then they restart their pattern. It's a goddamn joke. You know what? It's not even just the bosses. The game itself is really easy. Neither the stage enemies or midbosses pose any real threat. Also, if you lose all your lives you can start from the halfway point and you keep the weapon energy you used.

Finally, you have the upgrades. Could they have made it a bigger pain in the ass to get some of them? Usually you just have to find the upgrade and have the proper means to get it, but in X4 you gotta do a bunch of dumb bullshit to get them. Two examples are Cyber Peacock and Storm Owl. In Cyber Peacock's stage you need to clear certain part's of the stage fast enough to get an S rank in order to get the upgrade. In Storm Owl's stage you need to use the lightning web to jump up a tight space with instakill spikes around it.

/rant

That game SUCKS. Or at least I didn't have any fun with it. I think the changes to basic movement physics and hitboxes soured me on it from the get go.
The escalation of stupid amount of upgrade stuff goes along with the series though. I think the Zero parts in X3 is too much, let alone what the later games have,

Man, Spectral Doku is such a pain in the fucking ass. Him stealing your life and using it to heal himself is the worst.

Also fuck ghost fish.

Oh well, Master Ninja rank again, at least. Two more chapters to go.

God the world map is such shit, who approved this crap. I'm constantly lost, and who thought adding enemies here was a good idea.

The best part is enemies randomly getting first strike for no reason.

That game SUCKS. Or at least I didn't have any fun with it. I think the changes to basic movement physics and hitboxes soured me on it from the get go.
The escalation of stupid amount of upgrade stuff goes along with the series though. I think the Zero parts in X3 is too much, let alone what the later games have,
I laugh at people who say X4 is the best one because of stuff like this. You feel so fucking heavy and laggy, and the music is not anything special. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed X8 a lot more than those games because it just felt close to X1-3 than those games.

Also PG hope you liked that optional shit cause you gotta do more of that in X5 if you wanna get the good end. Also also goodwil Zero parts were in X2

Beloved

Thanks guys, kind wish neogaf avatars were that dimension xD

Sig dump, I have way more than this but stuck to (mostly) the cute ones:

lb6NZS.png
FhjAcF.png
heOcdQ.png
WdGamE.png
JkBy1C.png
s6KUQk.png
R3Bi2g.png
CXOO7A.png
fR3SnD.png
VOkGhc.png
IejkFe.png
hfaGHq.png
2si4K1.png
fQY5e8.png
G0Swl0.png
Vw82dL.png
yvDIqz.png
rDD0FT.png
C9y11J.png
a7joPX.png
HluLL5.png
5dFgHQ.png
aMgPQ7.png
jycHYC.png
w8FFs2.png
0tFK9S.png
bEfmz2.png
PIzxvX.png
0r4K5T.png
lfY5Hp.png
UKgwNn.png
0miK4M.png
ddwNuV.png
LmVn5X.png
yD1UFc.png
ysvgtQ.png
3lRCYs.png
kBKpKz.png
NT3D8u.png
rogcyk.png
1ucife.png
ItOrcE.png
wiz6gZ.png
FAKQ57.png
emfuBU.png
TUoU8R.png
pUg14E.png
KyRk26.png
JGDZ5F.png
CZYwU5.png
NJWzkY.png
QanQ1X.png
OJsLKc.png
9SCWHr.png
yyqTEj.png
vAITX3.png
1nmwbG.png
zc0pkZ.png
Iyt5P2.png
Ggbz5b.png
4eu3li.png
L4xDnH.png
XYUAVc.png
WriFKg.png
9n7XPt.png
gXcKl3.png
znFTOV.png
5ilzr8.png
Azv4Mx.png

Okay I promise no more massive image posts xD

I don't think the game sucks, but it's certainly not a step up from X3. I have no issue with the physics of the game. It's different, but I'm not really bothered by it. The Zero Parts didn't bother bother me either because they didn't boost X's power. All it did was prevent you from having to fight an extra boss near the end. X4's upgrades is where I went "Yeah, this not good at all".

God the world map is such shit, who approved this crap. I'm constantly lost, and who thought adding enemies here was a good idea.

Here.

I laugh at people who say X4 is the best one because of stuff like this. You feel so fucking heavy and laggy, and the music is not anything special. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed X8 a lot more than those games because it just felt close to X1-3 than those games.

Also PG hope you liked that optional shit cause you gotta do more of that in X5 if you wanna get the good end. Also also goodwil Zero parts were in X2

Yeah, I remember X5's bullshit all too well. Really dreading replaying it and X6.

croten

You could always just crop and resize them. Not ideal I know but it's better than nothing

Also love how you guys are shiting on X4 when Max just came out with a video saying how much he loves X4 today. Personally I love X4 but thats mainly because of nostalgia since it was the first megaman game I ever played.

Alfebit

Banned
God, I feel like shit today. I don't know if it's something I ate or a stomach flu but I've almost vomited 3 times this morning.

I forgot this website has signatures. They're set to off by default and I never bothered to turn them on.

croten

God, I feel like shit today. I don't know if it's something I ate or a stomach flu but I've almost vomited 3 times this morning.

I forgot this website has signatures. They're set to off by default and I never bothered to turn them on.

Wait, it does? Shit. I didn't know that at all.
Sorry I didn't even read that first sentence, I hope you feel better soon.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also love how you guys are shiting on X4 when Max just came out with a video saying how much he loves X4 today. Personally I love X4 but thats mainly because of nostalgia since it was the first megaman game I ever played.

Since when is Max an authority on Mega Man?

I may have booted up the game after watching his video.

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

I don't think the game sucks, but it's certainly not a step up from X3. I have no issue with the physics of the game. It's different, but I'm not really bothered by it. The Zero Parts didn't bother bother me either because they didn't boost X's power. All it did was prevent you from having to fight an extra boss near the end. X4's upgrades is where I went "Yeah, this not good at all".
I can definitely see that.
Also also goodwil Zero parts were in X2
FUCK. Why does misremembering shit about series I love make me so mad.
No enemy should EVER get first strike again you in a game unless they ambushed you.
That's shit.
It's weird cause it's only a thing on the overworld. On foot it's like persona 3/4 where you have a third person camera and actually have to hit the opponent. I feel like it's a callback to the old games, and the overworld enemies aren't even as much hard as just fucking annoying. The fact you still get stopped by Level 5 encounter in late game sucks, even if you use Auto battle.

Geez man, I hope you feel better soon. I'm just starting to get over my week of illness. Also I wonder if anyone actually even has signatures on.

Top Bottom