• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Him and Keanu Reeves are both fucking vampires. They refuse to age, tell me your secrets assholes
Sakurai is the other one, hell he seems to get younger.
52IifMy.jpg

360pages

I actually think there is now that you say that. I think he had a black line through his eyes though as they typically do with real life people.

Ultimate Particle Storm is going to be great.

Fairly old and poor quality trailer though. Much better ones out there.

Yeah, I updated the link for better quality.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma on normal mode completed. Only two chapters with Head Ninja rank. The rest, Master Ninja (and Legendary Hunter for the Rachel chapters).

I feel REALLY damn good about myself right now.

Sweet. The Japanese PS2 games I ordered Christmas Eve have now shipped.

Now to wait...and wait...

God, waiting for things to come from Japan takes so fucking long.

360pages

I like the Storm games. They are just fun fanservice.

I would not say they have much depth

Pretty much, just simple games made to look nice an put your favorite characters against one another.

I'm happy the games just function and run rather smoothly. Though I wonder if Storm 4 will be 60FPS

croten

Pretty much, just simple games made to look nice an put your favorite characters against one another.

I'm happy the games just function and run rather smoothly. Though I wonder if Storm 4 will be 60FPS

If it wants to be eye candy then 60 FPS would be the best way to do that. Especially with all the animations and particles.

Must be rough living like that.

Not in the slightest. There are barely any games on PC that fit that criteria, just those Naruto games that IDGAF about.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the match that will last the rest of the year and some of next, the clash of forces on a scale you've never seen in this thread....

THE FRIENDER DOUBLE TOURNAMENT FOR GLORY AND FAME HAS BEGUN

To check Smash standings and match ups, click here.

To check Ultimax standings and match ups, click here.

I will be send each of you your matches as well in a bit, and to the Ultimax participants, I'm really sorry again it's jank but there's only 9 of you.

Please take the time to read the rules and details quickly one last time to make sure you understand everything. Quote to reveal. If you have any questions contact me through PM.

360pages

If it wants to be eye candy then 60 FPS would be the best way to do that. Especially with all the animations and particles.

Not in the slightest. There are barely any games on PC that fit that criteria, just those Naruto games that IDGAF about.

Not always, some consoles legit wouldn't be able to run 60 frames and keep up with the effects and other things. Remember, unless they are willing to rebuild the game from scratch for PC. They still had to design for the 360 and PS3 limitations. I can see some effects being nightmares by bumping them up to 60FPS.

I kind of wish they put more work in the JoJo games. Storm Generations and Storm revolution rarely has any dips. Plus it looks like they are going all out for Storm 4 (Those facial animations!)

That tends to happen when you've been working on a series for like a decade.

I really want SMT x FE

Plz don't be vaporware. Yu needs to date Lucina

And yes I know Persona is barely related to SMT nowadays
I wonder how they would do it.

I kinda hope they just fuse the two gameplay styles, and make up new characters, but then that would be a wasted collaboration.

Game doesn't exist anyway.
Not always, some consoles legit wouldn't be able to run 60 frames and keep up with the effects and other things. Remember, unless they are willing to rebuild the game from scratch for PC. They still had to design for the 360 and PS3 limitations. I can see some effects being nightmares by bumping them up to 60FPS.
Don't build the game on a engine that doesn't scale well, nor attach shit to 30fps that you aren't willing to fix.

It's not the console's fault why they can't unlock the framerate. Plenty of games that run at 30 and have some sub HD resolution, has been shipped accordingly on PCs. CC2 needs to either pick up a new engine, or actually put some effort into their PC releases.

croten

I'm saying that they should aim for 60 the moment development starts so that this isn't an issue.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the match that will last the rest of the year and some of next, the clash of forces on a scale you've never seen in this thread....

I will be send each of you your matches as well in a bit, and to the Ultimax participants, I'm really sorry again it's jank but there's only 9 of you.

Please take the time to read the rules and details quickly one last time to make sure you understand everything. Quote to reveal. If you have any questions contact me through PM.

Honestly, two days isn't a ton of time to get everything done for the first round, especially considering people are in different timezones. I know I probably should have checked that before registering, but it could potentially be an issue for folks. Hopefully it'll work out.

Romars didn't sign up for Ultimax? I'm surprised

I really want SMT x FE
Plz don't be vaporware. Yu needs to date Lucina
And yes I know Persona is barely related to SMT nowadays

*insert
Sasha Grey
reference here*
Pls no, after awakening i don't want any kind of dating sim in my Fire Emblem (did any of the SMT games have dating in it?)

Looks like we'll get our match soon Mara

360pages

I'm saying that they should aim for 60 the moment development starts so that this isn't an issue.

I think it was a active decision between 60 to 30, they probably wanted the game to look as nice as possible.

They probably should have just said fuck it and have a switch to switch it to 60 and just let the glitches happen if there was going to be any as a result.

Even if Evil Within is way more glitchy running at 60FPS, I still think they should give the option.

croten

I think it was a active decision between 60 to 30, they probably wanted the game to look as nice as possible.

They probably should have just said fuck it and have a switch to switch it to 60 and just let the glitches happen if there was going to be any as a result.

Even if Evil Within is way more glitchy running at 60FPS, I still think they should give the option.

I know my point is just that I think that's stupid, I know that nothing I ever say will change that.

I just beat Earthbound for the first time ever... All because I watched that pollyanna video a week or two ago(which has some spoilers I guess, but a good portion of it is a lie). Good times, even if the final area was bitch on my first few attempts(needs more boss fountains...).

I just beat Earthbound for the first time ever... All because I watched that pollyanna video a week or two ago(which has some spoilers I guess, but a good portion of it is a lie). Good times, even if the final area was bitch on my first few attempts(needs more boss fountains...).

Pollyanna is more for Mother 1 than Earthbound. But either way congrats at beating one of the best games ever

I'm already salty.

Oberon

Banned

Omgitsjrod?
He doesn't seems to be in the google doc, and I couldn't find his profil via search funtion.
Weird

Well I am not that great with names, I usually recognize the Avatars

Exactly and PSN multiplayer being down sucks too

Oh well..back to playing with the WaifWu Kingdom.

No need to be jealous, Especially when I'm doing the same.

Also was finally able to download my remaining Drakengard 3 DLC. Gotta check to make sure Eris and Furiae's outfits have their own weapons. Gotta get those weapon stories.

And fuck yes, Wu Kingdom kicks ass. Shame that history and events during that time weren't kind to them.

I know right? Waifus for days.

I'm not really jealous lol I would love to play but honestly I would just be sort of wasting my time since I can't get my fight stick until about February.

Top Bottom