• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

All this talk of sick ass Ultimax and Smash tournaments and I'm just here playing my single player Beat Em' Ups and Character Action games.
No need to be jealous, Especially when I'm doing the same.

Also was finally able to download my remaining Drakengard 3 DLC. Gotta check to make sure Eris and Furiae's outfits have their own weapons. Gotta get those weapon stories.

And fuck yes, Wu Kingdom kicks ass. Shame that history and events during that time weren't kind to them.

Hold RT to block.
giphy.gif

Honestly, two days isn't a ton of time to get everything done for the first round, especially considering people are in different timezones. I know I probably should have checked that before registering, but it could potentially be an issue for folks. Hopefully it'll work out.
Yeah I forgot to mention I was going to extend the time limit my initial post since this PSN bullshit has been going on and people are doing holiday stuff. Does 4 days sound alright?
Romars didn't sign up for Ultimax? I'm surprised
Yeah I was too
Omgitsjrod?
He doesn't seems to be in the google doc, and I couldn't find his profil via search funtion.
Weird

Well I am not that great with names, I usually recognize the Avatars
It might be two Ds but I'm not too sure either

If the game is made with it in mind, then there's nothing wrong with having a block button in a fighter.

Also, Furiae's Dagger and Eris' Spear weapon stories unlocked. They're what you would expect based on the people who used them.

That last verse in Furiae's is especially hilarious given what actually happened to her.
You're brother still doesn't love you like that.

7 episodes into Aldnoah Zero. Remember how the first mech had a super shield that ate everything including light? Then remember how the next one just had swords. Then the next just had rocket punches? That fuck is up with that progression?

If that game lets you rebind buttons, wouldn't you hypothetically be able to bind the block button to back on your stick?
No, because you'd be replacing a directional input in the process. And I'm pretty sure pressing a completely separate button to move back would be the most awkward shit in the world.

At that point, you'd be better off getting a hitbox.

7 episodes into Aldnoah Zero. Remember how the first mech had a super shield that ate everything including light? Then remember how the next one just had swords. Then the next just had rocket punches? That fuck is up with that progression?

I want to believe it has something to do with Gen Urobuchi not writing anything beyond the first 3 episodes.

Just enjoy the robots fighting each other, it eases the pain of everything else

If that game lets you rebind buttons, wouldn't you hypothetically be able to bind the block button to back on your stick?

No, because you'd be replacing a directional input in the process. And I'm pretty sure pressing a completely separate button to move back would be the most awkward shit in the world.

At that point, you'd be better off getting a hitbox.

And even if it didn't swap the inputs, you'd be unable to move back because you're blocking as well and the solution to that problem is making moving back block on attack and now we're going in circles.

Xux

Damn, I hope they extend the PSN sale if these issues keep up. I kinda really wanna double dip on that Ground Zeroes.

And even if it didn't swap the inputs, you'd be unable to move back because you're blocking as well and the solution to that problem is making moving back block on attack and now we're going in circles.
Or just make everything more like Virtua Fighter. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.

Fuck Street Fighter...not really...actually kinda.

Emouse

Whaddup frienders, PSN still not working I'm still mad about this

I just played 50 matches on Killer Instinct. That shit is so much fun.

ULTRAAAA COMBOOOO

Yooo it's pretty hype, who are you playing as, also are you using the X1 pad? I'm assuming you didn't shell out all the money for a stick

Pfft, Zubaz
took a dive to Rage
in the intro. He wouldn't go down that easily, They must be trying to push him as a face now and setting up the big rivalry

Top Bottom