• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Eh, fuck it, I'm gonna load up Ninja Gaiden Sigma again and go through it on hard, maybe do some of mission mode as well. Even though I just started Sigma 2 not too long ago.

Alfebit

Banned
Sorry frienders, but I'm putting Kill la Kill on hold. I just can't take this voice acting anymore and my friend showed me clips of the dub instead and it sounds so much better.

Guess I better start saving up for those blu rays........

;__;

I prefer dubs and even I think it's garbage.

Sorry frienders, but I'm putting Kill la Kill on hold. I just can't take this voice acting anymore and my friend showed me clips of the dub instead and it sounds so much better.

Guess I better start saving up for those blu rays........

;__;

You..like the dub...? I watched the first fight between Ryuko and Satsuki with the dub and couldn't bare it any longer. Ryuko sounds like some kind of fucking BAWSTON street tough.

I love dubs when they are done right. Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, Yuyu Hakusho etc.

Most dubs now honestly are garbage..they just kind of sound like someone reading off a script putting no emotion into it.

Maybe its the fact that the japanese sounds so awful to me, which makes me think the english sounds better? Or I am just that crazy.

Idk, all I know is that its a lot nicer on the ears.

If you can somehow fight through that dub..you will be my new hero Senpai~

You..like the dub...? I watched the first fight between Ryuko and Satsuki with the dub and couldn't bare it any longer. Ryuko sounds like some kind of fucking BAWSTON street tough.

Maybe its the fact that the japanese sounds so awful to me, which makes me think the english sounds better? Or I am just that crazy.

Idk, all I know is that its a lot nicer on the ears.

Oh my fucking god, my roommate is watching that Ghost Adventures show that's about dudebros hunting ghosts that Matt mentioned in The Evil Within playthrough somewhere.

they just set up a kinect in one room to capture ghost movement, literally dying over here

BRO

GHOSTS BRO

AARON GO DOWN THERE ALONE BRO

Ghost Adventures is the best dumbest thing.

BRO

GHOSTS BRO

I used to date a girl who thought Zac was the hottest motherfucker.

So I just started calling everyone bro and going ghost hunting...and of course always sporting Affliction shit.

My strategy was successful.

Then I broke up with her because fuck that.

I enjoy the show as a fun dumb thing to watch but I hate recent seasons. I enjoyed the earlier stuff far more because then at least you couldn't tell it was unbelievably fake.

Yea back when it first came on it was sort of legit. Then it turned into.."Bro Go Into That Spooky Place: The Spookening".

I used to date a girl who thought Zac was the hottest motherfucker.

So I just started calling everyone bro and going ghost hunting...and of course always sporting Affliction shit.

My strategy was successful.

Then I broke up with her because fuck that.

I enjoy the show as a fun dumb thing to watch but I hate recent seasons. I enjoyed the earlier stuff far more because then at least you couldn't tell it was unbelievably fake.

i saw one episode where he was walking around a place where they dumped the bodies of people who died from the plague wearing a plague doctor's mask, dude is an idiot

That's not why he was wearing it. He has allergies and the dust in certain places can get to you.

It's not all that uncommon a thing, especially in Japan.

I will never deny this, but it helps me to enjoy the show even more its a win win for everyone
except my poor wallet

exactly, I won't insult someone for having different tastes on this subject. As long as we all love our Chinese Cartoons we can get along. I think the only Dubs I actually prefer are the P3 and P4 Dubs and that is because I have literally spent hundreds of hours with those fuckers. I like Catherine as well because it is literally the "new" Persona people hanging out in a bar. Although the dub for Ghost Stories is pretty great as well. It's like an official Abridged series

Beloved

BRO

GHOSTS BRO

BRO. IT IS THE BEST DUMBEST THING.

It's coming back in January.

Also Frienders, I have a question -

Are you aware of what pickles are made from?

I'm asking because of a conversation I'm having, I'm curious as to how common/uncommon this knowledge is.

Xiraiya

Oh my fucking god, my roommate is watching that Ghost Adventures show that's about dudebros hunting ghosts that Matt mentioned in The Evil Within playthrough somewhere.

they just set up a kinect in one room to capture ghost movement, literally dying over here
I've watched all 10 or whatever seasons of that Show, I love it, those guys give the biggest douchebag vibes, but they're actually really hilarious, it's like watching Super Best Friends ghost hunting adventures after awhile.

Squishy3

That's not why he was wearing it. He has allergies and the dust in certain places can get to you.

It's not all that uncommon a thing, especially in Japan.
i don't mean a dust mask respirator etc. he was wearing one of those masquerade type plague doctor's mask that didn't even have a bottom to the beak part, so it wouldn't have helped with any of that, he was using it to agitate the "ghost" because it died of the plague

I'm asking because of a conversation I'm having, I'm curious as to how common/uncommon this knowledge is.

HYPE.

And I just assumed pickles were always pickles. I never put any more thought into it than that. I do recall a comedian mentioning something about a cucumber before though. >_>

i don't mean a dust mask respirator etc. he was wearing one of those masquerade type plague doctor's mask that didn't even have a bottom to the beak part, so it wouldn't have helped with any of that, he was using it to agitate the "ghost" because it died of the plague

Oh, well yeah. When he goes all antagonistic that's when I start to lose fun watching the show because he's just being stupid.

Pickles are pickled cucumbers.

Fun fact: Fuck pickles..ruin a perfectly good cucumber.

Beloved

i don't mean a dust mask respirator etc. he was wearing one of those masquerade type plague doctor's mask that didn't even have a bottom to the beak part, so it wouldn't have helped with any of that, he was using it to agitate the "ghost"

I remember that, he was using it as a "trigger object" xD

exactly, I won't insult someone for having different tastes on this subject. As long as we all love our Chinese Cartoons we can get along. I think the only Dubs I actually prefer are the P3 and P4 Dubs and that is because I have literally spent hundreds of hours with those fuckers. I like Catherine as well because it is literally the "new" Persona people hanging out in a bar. Although the dub for Ghost Stories is pretty great as well. It's like an official Abridged series

Gag dubs are always fun because of how dumb they are. That's why stuff like Cromartie is great because it blurs the line between gag and a real dub and it fits perfectly with the tone of the show.

I just enjoy hearing things in english more and hearing the hype instead of reading the words on a screen, but like you said, people just hear things different, which is why I can't really push a language on someone because most of the time its very subjective.

Xiraiya

tumblr_lic14mqCan1qdytuyo1_500.png

The PC Games were really good, mouse click adventure stuff.

Speaking of the persona dubs I physical can not listen to a sub of the anime or anything because my brain ends up rejecting it.

Gag dubs are always fun because of how dumb they are. That's why stuff like Cromartie is great because it blurs the line between gag and a real dub and it fits perfectly with the tone of the show.

I just enjoy hearing things in english more and hearing the hype instead of reading the words on a screen, but like you said, people just hear things different, which is why I can't really push a language on someone because most of the time its very subjective.

fuck I cannot believe I forgot the Cromartie Dub, I do not like describing it as such but the dub is almost meta in that regard. The sometimes questionable quality of it really adds to the charm for me

Top Bottom