• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

360pages

Someone made a Manga about dating a Team Magam Grunt

39012752bsxnt.jpg
]

Don't you get hot and bothered when someone hands you a can of soda?
Depends on the soda
Nothing gets the panties dropping like Coca Cola dude.
That's not how you say Pepsi
Plentiful, ubiquitous vending machines and just expensive enough to show a modicum of seriousness in consideration.

I dunno.
I can accept this explanation yeah, makes sense
Cans of soda are the strongest form aphrodisiac. It's a fact.
Proven by science even

360pages

The person only wrote 1 chapter, but it was a cute little read. I do hope they continue it. Even if the art is kind of simple, it's still fun.

It kind of remind me of Sensei-Lock on (Only 0 of you actually know what I'm talking about.)

Xux

Man, I could get 38.50 for the copy of GTAV that came with my PS4. Thinking about trading it in for Bayonetta 2. I mean, I mean, I kinda wanna explore a big city but GTA just feels like a lame Saint's Row rip off and I'd rather just wait for the next gen Saint's Row or a port of IV 'cause I really wanna play it but I heard the last gen versions had issues that I'd rather just get around.

croten

Man, I could get 38.50 for the copy of GTAV that came with my PS4. Thinking about trading it in for Bayonetta 2. I mean, I mean, I kinda wanna explore a big city but GTA just feels like a lame Saint's Row rip off and I'd rather just wait for the next gen Saint's Row or a port of IV 'cause I really wanna play it but I heard the last gen versions had issues that I'd rather just get around.

Haha what?

Anung

Un Rama
I'm having one of those days where Sony Vegas is just refusing to cooperate making video making such a massive pain in the ass.

F80Sx8g.gif

I hate what Saint's Row has become, and would just love for it to just go away.

360pages

F80Sx8g.gif

I hate what Saint's Row has become, and would just love for it to just go away.

I think it needed to become that, mostly because it's very different from GTA now, and that was necessary. It goes back to, if X is jut a worse version of Y, why shouldn't I just play Y?

(Think Evil Within Compared to RE4)

I think it needed to become that, mostly because it's very different from GTA now, and that was necessary. It goes back to, if X is jut a worse version of Y, why shouldn't I just play Y?

(Think Evil Within Compared to RE4)

The problem with this is that they had a direction. SR1 was the ripoff, but SR2 was a fantastic story, weaved into a highly interactive world, that was no longer seen as just a GTA rip, but is also arguably better than GTA IV. If it continued in this path, I would still love this franchise.

But they went self parody, and the parody was bad. The last two entries have killed any antipication for me in the future of this franchise.

360pages

The problem with this is that they had a direction. SR1 was the ripoff, but SR2 was a fantastic story, weaved into a highly interactive world, that was no longer seen as just a GTA rip, but is also arguably better than GTA IV. If it continued in this path, I would still love this franchise.

But they went self parody, and the parody was bad. The last two entries have killed any antipication for me in the future of this franchise.

3 Was bad, but I think 4 did enough with its setting and parody to make it work. A lot of the jokes at least fit the situation. (The Mass Effect Joke, at least they were on the ship for story reasons rather than them just randomly getting the ship just for that one joke)

Plus it was pretty much the only way for them to put powers into the game.

3 Was bad, but I think 4 did enough with its setting and parody to make it work. A lot of the jokes at least fit the situation. (The Mass Effect Joke, at least they were on the ship for story reasons rather than them just randomly getting the ship just for that one joke)

Plus it was pretty much the only way for them to put powers into the game.
...Then don't put powers in the game.

It was a genre shift that I did not care for, nor want.

Top Bottom