• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Shackzam

Really? Still lag johns when the thing is keeping track of the frame rate in real time now!? I give.
Lol, I know that's not what you meant.

No, there was this other Potemkin before you came in and he barely beat me and I my game froze on the victory screen, but our matches were good.

Starting to think it really is Xrd. For some reason you can play anyone else on this thread and so can I. This is really fucking weird since both our internet's are pretty good based off the number under your signal.
I only am really confused because we've played Smash just fine in the past. In any case I give up trying until I'm back at dorms.

believe in the colonel sanders that believes in you!
Never give up, trust your instincts!
char_11246.jpg

Basically, if you're jumping in, and I call it, you're getting hurt. But I'm really salty no one was around to see my awesome head game win against Shack with that grab.... I got him sooo good! Wish the damn record function wasn't so buggy.
GGs everybody!

Yeah, just wanted to make sure any projectiles wouldn't cancel his super. I know better than to random jump in now.

GG to you too.

I only am really confused because we've played Smash just fine in the past. In any case I give up trying until I'm back at dorms.

This is so damn annoying. Xrd has the worst netcode of the arcsys games. We've even played fucking Ultimax and that's a damn arcsys game too!

That's enough Xrd for me tonight. GG everyone.

No, there was this other Potemkin before you came in and he barely beat me and I my game froze on the victory screen, but our matches were good.

I see.... Damn, I missed the only other Potemkin player in the whole world... seriously, I still have yet to see another one.

That said, yeah they were great! A bit annoyed at myself though, I can do the command grab in practice but the moment I go online I drop it like crazy. I get too hype.
But that's the end of my johns, as predicted you got better than me at this game in no time. Congrats.

Yeah, just wanted to make sure any projectiles wouldn't cancel his super. I know better than to random jump in now.

GG to you too.

GGs. We need to play more than one next time tho. Sorry for that, got caught up fighting the Shack.

GG guys. It seems PSN has been screwy and dropping people. I'm amazed that I didn't DC and kept the room open. It's really getting late, so I think thats enough fighting games for me tonight.
I never watched sword art online, but why does Asuna always look hella high?
I think she's supposed to be a ditzy tsundere, but she ends up looking like that instead.

Shackzam

I see.... Damn, I missed the only other Potemkin player in the whole world... seriously, I still have yet to see another one.

That said, yeah they were great! A bit annoyed at myself though, I can do the command grab in practice but the moment I go online I drop it like crazy. I get too hype.
But that's the end of my johns, as predicted you got better than me at this game in no time. Congrats.

Yeah, there was a few things I was testing out and just getting hit for trying it out. My command grab wasn't coming out either, but I haven't figured out any set-ups with it.

GGs. We need to play more than one next time tho. Sorry for that, got caught up fighting the Shack.

Don't worry about. Wasn't feeling it much anyway tonight and I kept dropping Millia's bnb. You got me pretty damn good with that double air command grab though. I thought I was being clever with that burst lol.

So im watching the end of Eva 2.22 cause I was too busy playing xenogears to watch 1.11 and the rest of 2.22. Might as well see how they mess up my favorite part of Eva.

;~; you try hosting, i wanna see if i can join you

I can't join Goodwil either. Guess our Jersey internet isn't compatible with his for some reason.

No luck? Ugh, this figures. I'm sure my ISP just fucking spilled coffee on something.

Now I'm left wondering how I can play with randoms and UT.

Probably a central jersey specific problem? We're both from the same area so I don't think its anything else. Its so fucking weird though.

ultimax

I can't join Goodwil either. Guess our Jersey internet isn't compatible with his for some reason.

Probably a central jersey specific problem? We're both from the same area so I don't think its anything else. Its so fucking weird though.

We used to play all the time tho

Yeah, there was a few things I was testing out and just getting hit for trying it out. My command grab wasn't coming out either, but I haven't figured out any set-ups with it.

Wait... Slayer has a command grab!? Is it too late to switch mains?

Jk, I'm a Potemkin player through and through. And he's got some really awesome moves just out of my reach. I just need to train up hard to master it.

Don't worry about. Wasn't feeling it much anyway tonight and I kept dropping Millia's bnb. You got me pretty damn good with that double air command grab though. I thought I was being clever with that burst lol.

I wanted that grab so bad, lol. Can't wait to play ya again.

We used to play all the time tho
Seriously. I dunno what's possibly changed to make this not work. My best guess is it's something on my ISPs end that happened recently. They have a long history of being absolute idiots, and I don't doubt it's their fault.

Makes sense that it's been my end this whole time though. Luckily it won't be a problem in like a week.

Christ, apologies for huge debacle that this whole thing has been. Feel free to decimate me over it.

ultimax

Seriously. I dunno what's possibly changed to make this not work. My best guess is it's something on my ISPs end that happened recently. They have a long history of being absolute idiots, and I don't doubt it's their fault.

Makes sense that it's been my end this whole time though. Luckily it won't be a problem in like a week.

Christ, apologies for huge debacle that this whole thing has been. Feel free to decimate me over it.

Why is that?

and dont worry, i'll decimate you in xrd when its fixed

oh damn. how long is your winter break? lol i dont go back to school until like the 20th
First day of classes is the 12th. (Got a full month off.) Hopefully I get to settle back in a few days earlier though.
Slayer used to be able to chain his command grab into itself in the older versions.
You can watch this intro vid to get a good idea on how to play him in XX
That's goddamn awesome.
What a terrible day I had. All I could do was sleep and vomit.
Hope you get well soon. I just finally got over what I think was the flu.

Top Bottom