• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

FTFY

I know why he does it for the weapons and all that, and we would probably have like 200 parts if he lets Woolie use the fist weapons. But it seems like it kind of spoils the fun for Woolie.
Considering its gone this long, I can't even imagine how much it would drag on if Woolie tried using weapons on his own. The No More Heroes play through is a good example of that.

360pages

In terms of designs and aesthetics, I prefer SF above every other fighter. I don't like "anime" designs so most of BB's are almost annoying to look at.
I'm definitely of the "simpler = better" philosophy of design, and whenever I see a design that has way too much going on, it becomes bland for me.

SFV is looking to be the perfect 3D representation of the series, and it's the prettiest looking fighter to me, with SSB4 and Xrd in competition.

SSB4 Marth is prettiest fighting game character of all time though.

It really is preference simple can be good, but I do like something more extravagant at times. Nothing really catches my eye with the Street fighter characters outside a few. As a result, I just pick characters I can play rather than learning a character I actually like.

It really is preference simple can be good, but I do like something more extravagant at times. Nothing really catches my eye with the Street fighter characters outside a few. As a result, I just pick characters I can play rather than learning a character I actually like.

I have the opposite problem, where there are too many characters I like to play in SF.
When I played some BB I had a hard time choosing a character because, I was just 'eh' on all of them. I even tried to force myself to play Carl because I like puppet characters, but he's got nothing for me.
I have to really like a character to play them, which is why I could never really get into Arc's games.

Well the Mami thing was the most predictable thing ever. So obvious in fact that I am questioning whether or not she is actually dead.
The music is still great

Well the Mami thing was the most predictable thing ever. So obvious in fact that I am questioning whether or not she is actually dead.
The music is still great

The Mami thing is both the most common called thing and the least called thing. It's weird how split that is. I know people who didn't see it coming at all and were shocked more than anything, others were like "Bitch is dying" on episode 1.

A lot of it depends on how familiar you are with story formula, how much you know about the deconstruction elements going in and how much you think about stories in general. Most people not shocked have a basic understanding of how things work, people who aren't for the most part just don't think about things.

Zenfalcia

The music is still great

Once you are done watching. You should listen to "99 problems but a witch ain't one" just because.

Are you planning to watch the movies after as well?

Just the art style. It's the biggest problem with that thread, people aren't explaining why they dislike things, they're just randomly saying "X looks like shit."
When EVERY thread asking for opinions or recommendations is filled with knee-jerking opinions without any reasoning, it's the most annoying thing ever.

When EVERY thread asking for opinions or recommendations is filled with knee-jerking opinions without any reasoning, it's the most annoying thing ever.

It's been getting really bad on GAF lately, this place is becoming more and more of a regular forum by the day. The more it gets mainstream references and attention the more it's gonna get shit up.

Zenfalcia

People love to knee-jerk post rather than taking their time to think about it and actually form a proper opinion.

Once you are done watching. You should listen to "99 problems but a witch ain't one" just because.

Are you planning to watch the movies after as well?

just the third one, LuLu and other people here have said the first two are just recaps and do not add much. I don't usually marathon stuff I watch so I do not know when I'll get around to the movie

Zenfalcia

just the third one, LuLu and other people here have said the first two are just recaps and do not add much. I don't usually marathon stuff I watch so I do not know when I'll get around to the movie

Yep, they are right. You could watch it right after if you have time because the series is fresh on your mind and would make a bigger impact when you watch it. It's 1 hour and a half worth of content if you plan to watch it.

Yeah, I just avoid all threads which can go that direction, which is becoming 90% of them...

Against my better judgement, I went into the "Smash Bros needs a better training mode" topic, and ended up getting salty because of all the 'lol Smash isn't fighting garme!" posts, even though I fully expected them.
The OP was right, but they had to struggle just to have an actual discussion, because so many people fought it with 'Smash is simple, just hit the buttons'.

Zenfalcia

many. mostly because I don't find the time to watch it, then I forget.

What about series you don't like and finishedm I also should've mentioned series you like. Oh well... Speaking of which, time to watch old series i never finished, like strike the blood, valverave, and other "amazing" series.

What about series you don't like and finishedm I also should've mentioned series you like. Oh well... Speaking of which, time to watch old series i never finished, like strike the blood, valverave, and other "amazing" series.

How is strike the blood from the episodes you watched? I was curious of it because i see one of the characters holding a spear

360pages

Also, you guys should play the advance series. (They should really make a Sonic Handheld collection for the 3DS featuring both the advance series as well as the Rush games)

Zenfalcia

How is strike the blood from the episodes you watched? I was curious of it because i see one of the characters holding a spear

50% of the dialogue for one of the characters has "senpai" in it.. story is 6, characters is a 7 mostly due to boobs and fanservice, Fighting scenes range from 5-7 because some of the fights just suck, and unmemorable music mostly because it's been a while since i've listened to any tracks. Overall is about a 6-7. Action anime with boobs and fanservice. This is based on having only 5 episodes left to watch out of 22.
I drop like fifteen each season. There's a lot of shit out there.

There is.. I watch them regardless.. At least some of them have good points.

Also, you guys should play the advance series. (They should really make a Sonic Handheld collection for the 3DS featuring both the advance series as well as the Rush games)

I really liked that series. I lost 2 and 3 later down the line and only have the first one now. I'd love if they released it in some form so I can replay 2&3.
I hope for the GBA VC.

There is.. I watch them regardless.. At least some of them have good points.

I just don't have time for most of the stuff that's just a guy in an all girls' school, oh and magic. It's the same every time and I just don't care. I still watch way too many new shows every season.

Also, Strike the Blood is terrible, generic pandering schlock.

Zenfalcia

I just don't have time for most of the stuff that's just a guy in an all girls' school, oh and magic. It's the same every time and I just don't care. I still watch way too many new shows every season.

I make time for those stuff, too addicted to the anime crack. I should pick my series better, but i have such a low bar of quality and watch anything.

At least it has erotic blood sucking.. minor spoilers, but only people who watched the series knows what i'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dN54Z07OTI

Honestly, a video doesn't do the game justice on how visually appealing and fun the games are...of course they are nightmares when going for 100%. but just playing though them are great experiences

I really like the way the characters look in them, he actually looks like the cover art for the Adventure games, which is my biggest gripe with those.

1 was a huge pain in the ass to 100% but I did that shit, it was a great time, though. Anybody remember Sonic Battle on GBA? That game was rough as hell but I had a blast playing it. And the art style was one of my favorite takes on Sonic.
battle_sonic_big.png

I make time for those stuff, too addicted to the anime crack. I should pick my series better, but i have such a low bar of quality and watch anything.

At least it has erotic blood sucking.. minor spoilers, but only people who watched the series knows what i'm talking about.

What's been on your watch list this season? What're you watching next season? And what're you looking forward to most in 2015?

50% of the dialogue for one of the characters has "senpai" in it.. story is 6, characters is a 7 mostly due to boobs and fanservice, Fighting scenes range from 5-7 because some of the fights just suck, and unmemorable music mostly because it's been a while since i've listened to any tracks. Overall is about a 6-7. Action anime with boobs and fanservice. This is based on having only 5 episodes left to watch out of 22.

Shame, i was interested in the spear user, oh well

360pages

I really like the way the characters look in them, he actually looks like the cover art for the Adventure games, which is my biggest gripe with those.

1 was a huge pain in the ass to 100% but I did that shit, it was a great time, though. Anybody remember Sonic Battle on GBA? That game was rough as hell but I had a blast playing it. And the art style was one of my favorite takes on Sonic.

Funny thing is Advance 3 is a direct sequel to Battle and terms of story, they even remixed some of the music for story events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwIuJFtdlvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN5wjsVMiDU

I totally remember us talking about Sonic Battle being ok-to-good in here. I still have the cart from when I was a kid. I played a shit ton of it. Advance games, I only had 2 or 3, I forget, but it was pretty good.

Zenfalcia

What's been on your watch list this season? What're you watching next season? And what're you looking forward to most in 2015?

About 90% of animes this season, and for future stuff I haven't looked at the list yet. Give me a sec and I'll look at the year and make a list.
Shame, i was interested in the spear user, oh well

You could watch it for her. She's a main character.. and has terrible dialogue. She also have tons of fanservice.

About 90% of animes this season, and for future stuff I haven't looked at the list yet. Give me a sec and I'll look at the year and make a list.

I ended up dropping everything but Denki-Gai, Shirobako, Inou Battle and Parasyte, with Chaika, Akame Ga Kill, and SAO2 being on hold until done for marathons.

Culture shock from the Hot Springs expectations to reality is great. The Hot Spring scene really sets the mood for working to bigger and greater things. Yoko saying that Simon was just in Kamina's shadow and saying he has potential seems to make Simon more mature enough to not wanting to peek anymore. Kamina has blaring faults that don't seem to change. While he is cool and inspiring, flaws that he has put him in dangerous situations like his gunman being stolen. I do hope he fixes them and somewhat grows up like Simon.

Culture shock from the Hot Springs expectations to reality is great. The Hot Spring scene really sets the mood for working to bigger and greater things. Yoko saying that Simon was just in Kamina's shadow and saying he has potential seems to make Simon more mature enough to not wanting to peek anymore. Kamina has blaring faults that don't seem to change. While he is cool and inspiring, flaws that he has put him in dangerous situations like his gunman being stolen. I do hope he fixes them and somewhat grows up like Simon.

Have you not seen Gurren? How have you been in this thread this long and not seen it?

wow another regular who hasn't seen it? Cool, enjoy it and keep updating us

Top Bottom