• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

So after playing Guilty Gear Xrd a bunch last night and today on the PS4, i don't really like the PS4 controller for fighters like i did the PS3. That DPad, idk, i just can't do Double quarter circle forwards on it.

yeah I tried to play the demo and was not really feeling it the controller either. By the time I got my PS4 stick they had already shut down the demo. I have the special edition pre ordered so I'm going to have to wait a bit extra to try it for real

yeah I tried to play the demo and was not really feeling it the controller either. By the time I got my PS4 stick they had already shut down the demo. I have the special edition pre ordered so I'm going to have to wait a bit extra to try it for real

I don't have the money for a PS4 stick atm. I really hope people start using the Skull Girls Drivers because i miss my Quanba Q4

Qh9LKwA.gif

i'll just leave this here

There are tons of these and they're all great.
8KJnWHo.gif

croten

Culture shock from the Hot Springs expectations to reality is great. The Hot Spring scene really sets the mood for working to bigger and greater things. Yoko saying that Simon was just in Kamina's shadow and saying he has potential seems to make Simon more mature enough to not wanting to peek anymore. Kamina has blaring faults that don't seem to change. While he is cool and inspiring, flaws that he has put him in dangerous situations like his gunman being stolen. I do hope he fixes them and somewhat grows up like Simon.

The episode were kamina has Gurren stolen, as far as I'm concerned, isn't cannon. It was episode 5.5, right?

Shackzam

So after playing Guilty Gear Xrd a bunch last night and today on the PS4, i don't really like the PS4 controller for fighters like i did the PS3. That DPad, idk, i just can't do Double quarter circle forwards on it.

Git gud. I can play with any of the dualshock pads pretty well and I'm liking the ps4 controller a lot and been using it for most of my fighters now. It's all about practice and preference.

Thick version? Do you mean oyster sauce?
that's the only thick soy sauce you can be talking about. The soy sauce i'm talking about is the pure liquid form that you can eat sushi with.
No this

You can find it in all asian supermarkets in the asian district in your town if you have it.

edit: its just thicker soy sauce and isn't watered down
Episode 4 is the one we hate. It's animation is the worst and the story is the dumbest, I'd honestly never watch it again if it didn't introduce important characters.
Yeah I can see that. I'd perfer to have that than all of the mini budget cuts in animation like KLK

Alfebit

Banned
Basically this. I think it was bizarre that Woolie and Liam suggested that price shouldn't be a factor. I think Pat even said this, but the whole point of a review is to determine whether or not you should be dropping your cash on a game.

Liam was arguing that price shouldn't drop the score, which I agree with.
Edit: I meant shouldn't

Basically this. I think it was bizarre that Woolie and Liam suggested that price shouldn't be a factor. I think Pat even said this, but the whole point of a review is to determine whether or not you should be dropping your cash on a game.

That's what I hate about review culture, reviews are used as a way to calculate the quality of a game for arguments at this point, not as purchasing advice. I'm gonna buy the games I want to buy, I don't give a shit about reviews because I know what I like and it works out a majority of the time. But that's just me personally, I know what is going to be worth my money and not everyone is like that. It's ridiculous to say people should spend $60 on 4 hours of game time because it's worth it to you.

you could literally skip it and nothing would change
I'm pretty sure it would change.

You couldn't explain why everyone was naked in the next episode and Simon was wouldn't have been super depressed that Yoko kissed Kamina since he was expecting Yoko to fall in love with him eventually.

croten

I'm pretty sure it would change.

You couldn't explain why everyone was naked and Simon was wouldn't have been super depressed that Yoko kissed Kamina since he was expecting Yoko to fall in love with him eventually.

Okay the naked part would require a brief explanation, but the Simon thing? It wouldn't matter at all.

The only WWE product I'll watch is NXT other then that I mostly watch RoH and NJPW. Always good stuff from them.

That's good. Don't watch Raw, it's terrible. I'm not even watching the payperview that's airing in an hour. I just don't care... I might watch it... I just can't stop.

Did you watch R:Evolution? Shit was rad.

That's good. Don't watch Raw, it's terrible. I'm not even watching the payperview that's airing in an hour. I just don't care... I might watch it... I just can't stop.

Did you watch R:Evolution? Shit was rad.

No I haven't been able to watch much wrestling as of late with all of the college final madness. Plus not having cable is a bit of a hindrance. I basically stopped watching Raw when Bork become champion and then proceeded to never show up.

What's the main event?

I honestly don't know. Probably something with Cena.

The American Superstar in the flesh.

No I haven't been able to watch much wrestling as of late with all of the college final madness. Plus not having cable is a bit of a hindrance. I basically stopped watching Raw when Bork become champion and then proceeded to never show up.

Yeah, nothing has happened on main show in months. Like, at least six months. It's goddamn terrible and you're better off without it in your life.

The best thing from R Evolution was Devitt's intro, which was just his usual facepaint stuff that's super weird and long but I love unironically.

Ah, ok. I was confused about what you were talking about.
It's ok
It's because the secret recipe in all good fried rice!
Okay the naked part would require a brief explanation, but the Simon thing? It wouldn't matter at all.
Yeah I have to say the Kamina dying would have overshadowed that episodem but Yoko believing that Simon would do great things made Simon somewhat mature which Simon couldn't learn from just Kamina.

John Cena vs Seth Rollins. What the fuck. At least have the Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt as the main event. I can't believe you were right and I had to double check this.

Oh yeah, they're having a match. Forgot all about that. If Cena loses he loses his #1 Contendership. It's the dumbest thing in the world. Fuck WWE and fuck me for continuing to watch it.

I showed a friend Gurren and he HATED episode 6, far more than 4. I had to tell him it'd never be like that again to get him to keep watching. I think it's just a little boring.
Yeah I have to say the Kamina dying would have overshadowed that episodem but Yoko believing that Simon would do great things made Simon somewhat mature which Simon couldn't learn from just Kamina.
Keep watching Gurren, nerd.

Yeah, nothing has happened on main show in months. Like, at least six months. It's goddamn terrible and you're better off without it in your life.

The best thing from R Evolution was Devitt's intro, which was just his usual facepaint stuff that's super weird and long but I love unironically.

That was the hypest shit I think I've ever seen come out of WWE as far as entrances go..I was terrified when I seen he signed a contract because they normally make their new talent change their gimmick.

I showed a friend Gurren and he HATED episode 6, far more than 4. I had to tell him it'd never be like that again to get him to keep watching. I think it's just a little boring.

I watched episode 4 of gurren. I don't even remember what happened something about furry ball things in robots, but I remember it being fucking boring.

That's what I hate about review culture, reviews are used as a way to calculate the quality of a game for arguments at this point, not as purchasing advice. I'm gonna buy the games I want to buy, I don't give a shit about reviews because I know what I like and it works out a majority of the time. But that's just me personally, I know what is going to be worth my money and not everyone is like that. It's ridiculous to say people should spend $60 on 4 hours of game time because it's worth it to you.

Game journalism should have a moral imperative to calculate cost per value, especially when it comes to genres and sub genres.

After all, AAA games keep going up in overall price for consoles. DLC adds to those price increases and consumers should be exercising their right not to buy from publishers that nickel and dime them instead of charging full price for a full experience.

We've been spoiled on 60 dollar games.

That was the hypest shit I think I've ever seen come out of WWE as far as entrances go..I was terrified when I seen he signed a contract because they normally make their new talent change their gimmick.

He's lost some of his more assholish stuff, like he doesn't do the finger gun thing anymore and acts less regal, since he's not a prince anymore since his name is different, but at least they let him keep the makeup and entrances.

Remember that's why Oberon wouldn't watch it at first.
Oh yeah! So a Friender and a friend.
I watched episode 4 of gurren. I don't even remember what happened something about furry ball things in robots, but I remember it being fucking boring.
All it does is
introduce a character and give them the transformation sequence.
The animation quality dips and nothing of value happens.

He's lost some of his more assholish stuff, like he doesn't do the finger gun thing anymore and acts less regal, since he's not a prince anymore since his name is different, but at least they let him keep the makeup and entrances.

I wouldn't expect him to keep the gun gimmick since America is hypersensitive to anything involving guns anymore. Still badass though.

BREAKING NEWS: STARDUST IS NOW GREEN AND SOMEWHERE WOOLIE IS SQUEALING LIKE A GIRL

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Reminder that you can no longer add setting suggestions or character suggestions after tomorrow, the 15th.

We will vote on a set setting that everyone will use, but those characters listed are for anyone, no votes needed. You want to use DSP as a main character, then go for it.

Keep watching Gurren, nerd.
The boring fan service was pretty bad, but then again I'm pretty used to it.

So I guess Nia is the one to make Simon more mature? She does seem pretty elegant.

Both trigger shows I've seen so far have a rough start (KLK waaay more rough than TTGL), it's just that episodes 4 and 6 are really bad and might give people the impression that this is what the show is going to be like. Thankfully, we're here to push people to keep watching.

The show was actually originally intended to be like episode 4 and 6 throughout to be more like a Saturday morning serialized show. Luckily they changed their mind and went more serious.

I wouldn't expect him to keep the gun gimmick since America is hypersensitive to anything involving guns anymore. Still badass though.

BREAKING NEWS: STARDUST IS NOW GREEN AND SOMEWHERE WOOLIE IS SQUEALING LIKE A GIRL

I think he dropped it as to let Bullet Club be more of its own thing even with him gone.

wow Pat really pulled that "That 70s Show" reference outta no where in Dark Souls 2 part 80. I love how he felt the joke was good enough to use as the episode description as well lol

The show was actually originally intended to be like episode 4 and 6 throughout to be more like a Saturday morning serialized show. Luckily they changed their mind and went more serious.

I think he dropped it as to let Bullet Club be more of its own thing even with him gone.

Oh god I've forgotten so much about wrestling. I need to take a break from anime and spend a day just catching up. I can't keep up man it's too much.

Top Bottom