• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Genryu

Banned
So what are the chances they just keep waiting for Platinum games to release, and once there are 10, they release their top ten games of the past 5 years?

EKZqR4F.gif

We're fine....except for the fact that this match is happening.

You just need to look for those specific animes that suit your tastes within each season, there's bound to be a few, or wait for people to recommend ones that you might like from each season.

There are a few you might like that you missed. I'd name something like psycho-pass, but I don't know if you've already watched it already.

P-P is on my list, but the last time someone recommended something to me, it was Guilty Crown and that wasn't fun times... Iirc P-P is on Netflix, so I'll see if I give it a go soon.

Have you watched Ping Pong or Madoka?
Or the anime of forever Kuroko no Basket?

I've seen 2 episodes of Madoka, I need to continue it. And all I know about Ping Pong is that it's crazy, but sports anime don't ring with me unless the characters and story are some complex serious business.

P-P is on my list, but the last time someone recommended something to me, it was Guilty Crown and that wasn't fun times... Iirc P-P is on Netflix, so I'll see if I give it a go soon.
I've seen 2 episodes of Madoka, I need to continue it. And all I know about Ping Pong is that it's crazy, but sports anime don't ring with me unless the characters and story are some complex serious business.

PP is Minority Report the anime. If you're down for more Minority Report, then it's the anime for you.

Kuroko has a story... It's a story about how these kids want to play basketball, but it's a story nonetheless.

For a beach episode, I'd thought it would be more fanservicey than Episode 6, It's really interesting how Yoko despises Nia at the beginning because the guys pay more attention to Nia since Yoko seems way more fanservicey. Nia's kindness and willingness to believe in Yoko despite showing signs of jealously was really cool because of the clutch moments. I wonder if their relationship will ever be as close as Simon and Kamina's. Probably not, but would be interesting.

I think Imma stop for tonight. I finally got to some of Lisa's character development in P2:IS right before starting Gurren back up again, so I'll probably go do that if no one want's to play Ultimax tonight.

PP is Minority Report the anime. If you're down for more Minority Report, then it's the anime for you.

Kuroko has a story... It's a story about how these kids want to play basketball, but it's a story nonetheless.

If PP is Psycho Pass, I am watching it right now and can say it is a pretty good detective show.

Every time someone said
Spooky Boogy
I lost my shit though.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I really need to get around to that, is it on Crunchy Roll?

Yup, and from what I watched (the 1st season), it was pretty good.

I went on this stint where I watched Kuroko, Baby Steps (Tennis Show), Ippo, and Yowapeda (Cycling) all at the same time. They are all great.

Yup, and from what I watched (the 1st season), it was pretty good.
I went on this stint where I watched Kuroko, Baby Steps (Tennis Show), Ippo, and Yowapeda (Cycling) all at the same time. They are all great.

Season 2 is when they get money and it starts getting really good.

That sounds radical, I'm so in for that.

And yeah, like Prince of Tennis' first episode made me lose interest in any possible sports anime besides Ippo. A short story/movie could for work me though, but not no long anime.

If PP is Psycho Pass, I am watching it right now and can say it is a pretty good detective show.

Every time someone said
Spooky Boogy
I lost my shit though.

This confirms that I will probably enjoy it quite a bit. I didn't know what to expect under that spoiler, but if it makes me laugh now, I can't wait to hear it actually said.

MormaPope

Banned
For those that played through The Evil Within, is it worth owning for the mechanics and action alone? I've seen enough of the game to see it isn't really a horror title. Its between that and Wolfenstein for my next game purchase.

Zenfalcia

Woof, Guilty Crown? How did they sell you on it? Were they trying to tell you it was a cool anime about saving the world or something?

Ping pong is nice, i've watched some of it and the quirky animation is pretty nice after you get used to it.

Aww shit, seriously? I tried to give a conversation ending reply so you wouldn't have to quote me. Was it because of that or did you just click it?

I'm going to just stick to my original version.

Nah I just clicked it because I thought you were talking about Gurren. I probably should've read better lol. Its really not a big deal though.

Also, for anyone that cares. I decided to join in on the NeoGAF Essential RPG list, so read if you care (spoilers, I show no mercy to my shitting on Persona 4 lol)

Squishy3

For those that played through The Evil Within, is it worth owning for the mechanics and action alone? I've seen enough of the game to see it isn't really a horror title. Its between that and Wolfenstein for my next game purchase.
I like it, it's not perfect, but I still think it's good. It's one of the better games I played this year. It's going on sale on Amazon soon I think and assuming Steam holds a regular sale and not just this auction bullshit tomorrow it'll be on sale on that again.

Archgan

We have avatar bets on if they're coming out this year.

I think that at least one of them will be released this year because Matt is done with his and will (hopefully) release it on its own if the others aren't done.

Also, I just realized that the Bond-athon still needs to be released.

MormaPope

Banned
Buy wolfenstein

I like it, it's not perfect, but I still think it's good. It's one of the better games I played this year. It's going on sale on Amazon soon I think and assuming Steam holds a regular sale and not just this auction bullshit tomorrow it'll be on sale on that again.

I'm buying either game on the 360, they've both been on sale on Amazon for a while, were five bucks less on black Friday sales.

Since I'm looking for a really good action game, I thin I'm going with Wolfy. The story and characters are also really endearing in the newest Wolfenstein, whereas The Evil Within doesn't have that much going for it regarding narrative.

Woof, Guilty Crown? How did they sell you on it? Were they trying to tell you it was a cool anime about saving the world or something?

Ping pong is nice, i've watched some of it and the quirky animation is pretty nice after you get used to it.

Haha yeah, he sold it as some dark, cool anime and how he loved it. I shoulda known better since our tastes are considerably different, but I googled it and the images seemed okay enough.
I couldn't even last through the first episode where I just got more and more frustrated by the writing and characters, until a girl in a mech made an orgasm moan when someone hit her - I ragequit.

I've become so hesitant in starting new anime unless I absolutely know that I'll love it. But P-P sounds up my alley, so thanks for bringing it up yo

Xiraiya

Playing Ground Zeroes has an odd feel to it, I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls with how Big Boss moves around.
I'm enjoying it though, but playing it at 1080p on PS3 is weird considering seeing shit over long distance is really not easy even in the most ideal situations.

I haven't had too many issues, but there is some odd blurring going on over the very, very jagged edges.

Haha yeah, he sold it as some dark, cool anime and how he loved it. I shoulda known better since our tastes are considerably different, but I googled it and the images seemed okay enough.
Guilty Crown really shit the bed just after like Episode 10, before then it was showing some red flags but a lot of the episodes were still pretty good in the beginning.

Playing Ground Zeroes has an odd feel to it, I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls with how Big Boss moves around.

I'm enjoying it though, but playing it at 1080p on PS3 is weird considering seeing shit over long distance is really not easy even in the most ideal situations.

I haven't had too many issues, but there is some odd blurring going on over the very, very jagged edges.

That's probably the best looking game I own on my PS4. And I just love how it played so much better than any Metal Gear game.

Nah I just clicked it because I thought you were talking about Gurren. I probably should've read better lol. Its really not a big deal though.

Also, for anyone that cares. I decided to join in on the NeoGAF Essential RPG list, so read if you care (spoilers, I show no mercy to my shitting on Persona 4 lol)
TWENY is pretty good...Hopefully Square Enix will make a game comparable to it. I don't think I've heard much about your 4th and 5th pick and they do seem interesting from your descriptions, so I'll probably add that to my backlog. I just need to finish both P2s first.

edit: I don't know why people say the combat it P2 is unfun in that thread. I found it pretty enjoyable even though it's super easy.

Zenfalcia

I couldn't even last through the first episode where I just got more and more frustrated by the writing and characters, until a girl in a mech made an orgasm moan when someone hit her - I ragequit.

I've become so hesitant in starting new anime unless I absolutely know that I'll love it. But P-P sounds up my alley, so thanks for bringing it up yo

From a surface level, it's what he says, until you really stare at it and break it down. It's kinda like SAO, except more edgey and musical. That part was hilarious. Jiggle everywhere.

There's a second season of it out now, which is why i bring it up.

you guys got any clear pictures of Liam and Woolie by 2snacks without anything infront of them?

Check the SBF wiki, there might be a picture or two there.

TWENY is pretty good...Hopefully Square Enix will make a game comparable to it. I don't think I've heard much about your 4th and 5th pick and they do seem interesting from your descriptions, so I'll probably add that to my backlog. I just need to finish both P2s first.

I still have to finish EP, but from what I've played of it so far, its already just as good as IS.

And yeah, if you own a DS/3DS you can play Radiant Historia (developed by Atlus btw) and a PSP/Liam or Liam TV/PC for Legend of Heroes.

And I doubt Square Enix will make a game as good as it, unless Nomura finishes KH3 and says "Lets make TWEWY 2 bitches!!!!" Then I'll scream like a little school girl.

Top Bottom