• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

D-e-f-

Banned
Can somebody list the steps to take a picture? Then if BroBuzz would be so kind as to edit his/her OP to include said steps...

........................_> Miiverse -> Post Message and attach screenshot (480p max resolution)
........................|
Home Button ->
........................|_
...........................> Browser -> go to any image upload site, preferably minus.com or abload.de and select upload, then make sure to grab the DIRECT LINK to the jpg and post that link into GAF. (720p max resolution for TV images, 480p for GamePad screengrabs)

Andrew.

Banned
Can somebody list the steps to take a picture? Then if BroBuzz would be so kind as to edit his/her OP to include said steps...

1. Hit the Home button at any time.
2. Go to the internet on the gamepad
3. Go to imgur or abload
4. Upload the picture
5. Copy/paste
4. Go to GAF
5. Reply
6. Paste
7. Profit

Thanks, boys. If I want to take a screenshot of the image on my screen, is there a certain button I have to press before I go to an image-uploading website? Or if I post a message to Miiverse, does it automatically do it?

Andrew.

Banned
Thanks, boys. If I want to take a screenshot of the image on my screen, is there a certain button I have to press before I go to an image-uploading website? Or if I post a message to Miiverse, does it automatically do it?

Pressing the Home button takes the screenshot automatically for the image sites. Im not sure about Miiverse though.

tengiants

I think Wii Classic Controller should work fine since the Wii Classic Controller Pro controller works. I haven't tested it myself since I've only played single player with the GamePad.

Edit: This is not true. The original Wii Classic Controller DOES NOT work with the Super Mario 3D World. Only the Wii Classic Controller Pro

The regular old original white one? It works fine. I was using it last night...

Luigi do it! (when Mario can't). Got the second star in Chain Link Charge. I hate forced scrolling levels.

I also never imagined that there would be levels in a 3D mario game with no jumping or that I would love them.

rawktapus

GOTY

also:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADzUgNqJ2w7MQ
L0zyJ95.png

lol
Haha, that's mine! Glad you like it . The stamps are fun to mess around with.

The entire soundtrack is amazing, but can we take a second to appreciate the sheer mind-melting perfection that is the Double Cherry Pass music? Hoooolllllyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiit. I'm jumping on the OST just for that alone if it ever becomes available.

taybul

While we're talking about World 3's Bullet Bill Express, anyone see the
tiny Luigi running on the opposite track? If you jump on top of the main train the camera shifts angles. Apparently he's in other levels as well.

And yeah, the soundtrack is amazing! The quality is such a step above the previous games.

While we're talking about World 3's Bullet Bill Express, anyone see the
tiny Luigi running on the opposite track? If you jump on top of the main train the camera shifts angles. Apparently he's in other levels as well.

Year of Luigi I suppose. NES Luigi is everywhere in this game, dancing in the corner of Shadow-Play, swimming in the first boss level, popping out of a block, etc

Anteo

Fuck. That stage. That
spotlight with the cat bullet bills stages.
That was late game galaxy 2 level shit right there. This game man. I'm impressed.

Year of Luigi I suppose. NES Luigi is everywhere in this game, dancing in the corner of Shadow-Play, swimming in the first boss level, popping out of a block, etc

There is a
----Link----
hidden too.

RagnarokX

My favorite hidden
Luigi so far was an 8-bit luigi that popped out of an item block when I hit it. Forget what level that was.

Mecca

What button do you push to pick up Piranha plants? In the cat suit they kept killing them instead of picking it up.

How fast is the image upload supposed to be? Mine is taking forever, but I suppose that could be my terrible internet.

Also, if anybody wants to add me to their friends list, my gamertag is LilyDax.

Andrew.

Banned
How fast is the image upload supposed to be? Mine is taking forever, but I suppose that could be my terrible internet.

Also, if anybody wants to add me to their friends list, my gamertag is LilyDax.

Try using abload. Imgur just kept pending.

Andrew.

Banned
gyah! how do you get 3-B? I've done everything in World 3, but still no 3-B

And you beat it? (Not the game, just the World)

I got 100% in World 3, jumped in the clear pipe thinking I was going to World 4 and it dropped me to 3-B

Unless it's caused by something else...

Azure J

Literally just went out, bought this and came back. Thank God for the MTA and game retail places 10 minutes away from myself. :D

I'm going in blind guys!

zroid

Banned
And you beat it? (Not the game, just the World)

I got 100% in World 3, jumped in the clear pipe thinking I was going to World 4 and it dropped me to 3-B

Unless it's caused by something else...

oohh, okay. lol. yeah I beat it, but I hadn't attempted to go to W4 yet.

Beats

How does the Ghost Mii thing work? Is it just you racing three random Miis? Does it download them automatically or do you have to do something else besides activating it?

maxcriden

One of the subtly best aspects of the "Super Mario 3D" series is the way that they've been going back to the early/SMB3-era art style. They did it with the storyline pictures in 3D Land as well and I still love the overall feel.

I can only dream of them eventually making a new 2-D Mario game using hand-drawn animations a la Wario Land Shake It! in this style. Oh how glorious it would be...but when it comes to 2-D Marios we're probably stuck with the NSMB style for a few games longer, at least. Sigh.

I totally agree. That would be amazing.

Love it. Easily up there in my favs of the year. Its so refreshing to see pretty much 99% of everyone enjoying it so much too. Just goes to show that we dont need all that gun metal cinematic action to satisfy our purest gaming needs all the time.

All you need is some good, fresh Mario.

Glad you're digging it, amigo. It's really fun so far. My wife and I have been trading off levels and purposefully not getting green stars when we play so we have a reason to replay the levels. We just got into World 5. I imagine the difficulty will ramp up quite a bit later in the game and when we work on collecting stars and stamps. I had the same concern when we were playing Galaxy 2 and that ended up getting plenty tricky so I'm hopeful this will as well. In the meantime it's a ton of fun.

BTW, I picked up the Mario Collector's Edition Guide. I normally wouldn't buy a guide but the sales associate at Gamestop showed me this one and it looked pretty awesome. I don't really plan to use it to beat the game or anything, it's just a really nice book. The calendar it comes with is pretty neat, too. I got the LBW one as well and that one's great, too (it comes with a really nice lithograph).

Top Bottom