• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Downhome

I feel like a fool. I am siting here playing, wife watching, and I beat Beep Block Skyway (maybe my favorite level so far) and it got to the screen after where it shows the different drawings and stuff from different players. I said to her "wow, this game has been out just a few days and look at all of the amazing drawings already". I told her to watch this and I was going to draw something since I'm so horrible at it, and then, and only THEN, did I realize that you can use the stamps you have found in the game to make those pictures.

I thought all this time that there was actually that many people out there already playing that were just amazing at drawing all of the characters and stuff so perfectly.

FSLink

Banned
In (post game)
Star-2
has anyone gotten the stamp without using a suit? is it possible? i spent 30 minutes trying spin jumps and backflips but only made it this far:
edit: a guy on Miiverse tells me he's done it... I just need to practice my jumping skills more I guess.

It's definitely doable, I managed to do it with Mario, but with a Luigi 2nd player giving me a boost to the top of the first platform, so it should be possible by yourself with the character you're using.

Gotta hand it to him, Luigi is annoying in every game he's in. Don't like playing as him cause of the vexing noises he makes when he jumps. At least Mario sounds like he's enjoying it.

Kyzon

In (post game)
Star-2
has anyone gotten the stamp without using a suit? is it possible? i spent 30 minutes trying spin jumps and backflips but only made it this far:
edit: a guy on Miiverse tells me he's done it... I just need to practice my jumping skills more I guess.

I got it as Vanilla Spoiler. I played on my Pro Pad and tapped the platform on the game pad with my toe.

Game is wayy too easy I just bought it last night and am already half way through world 5 and I haven't even played it that long
And how far in the game do you think world 5 is...

vZvod7H.gif

olimpia84

Game is wayy too easy I just bought it last night and am already half way through world 5 and I haven't even played it that long

I agree that the game is easy (at least so far for me) and the levels are somewhat short. The more I play this game the worse I feel. I don't want this game to end, like never lol :(

judhudson

Alright - I heard you have to complete each level with all the characters right - do they need to ALL reach the top of the flagpole, or only 1 of them for the gold flag?

Also - how can you tell/remember if you played a level with multiple characters?

Victrix

*beard*
Got a chance to play this on my friends Wii U, just stopping by to say this game is, in fact, incredible.

If you enjoy mario games or platformers at all, you owe it to yourself to play it. Best mario game in a long long time.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Alright - I heard you have to complete each level with all the characters right - do they need to ALL reach the top of the flagpole, or only 1 of them for the gold flag?
Only 1.

Also - how can you tell/remember if you played a level with multiple characters?
That information will be revealed on the status screen once you progress far enough into the post-game.

Christopher

I'm playing it and I just think its very vanilla its fun for sure because I love Mario since I can even remember but it just feels very basic.

I do like the different character selection and have a blast playing with my friend who stopped by.

I would say I'm dissapointed yet satisfied in my purchase...not wowing me on any standard but still isn't a bad game by any means

I haven't gotten my copy yet because I goofed and picked standard shipping, so I can't comment one way or the other as to the games difficulty, but it should be required that everyone who complains about how easy the game is to post a screen shot of their death counts.

Jagsrock

Banned
I'm playing it and I just think its very vanilla its fun for sure because I love Mario since I can even remember but it just feels very basic.

I do like the different character selection and have a blast playing with my friend who stopped by.

I would say I'm dissapointed yet satisfied in my purchase...not wowing me on any standard but still isn't a bad game by any means

Vanilla? Almost every level of each world throws something new at you and the overall level designs are pretty clever. How far are you? cause the game definitely get's more elaborate as you progress.

At the
Flower world now
. I am ok with this game never ending. For those saying the game is too easy early on, you're in for some fun later on.
The music is too fucking good once you take that rocket ship.

Dr.Hadji

Was just playing a while ago and discovered I could ring the bell trees like a bell. Almost brought a tear to my eyes. The fact that they already looked like trees out of the world of Seuss already had me lovin them. That detail nearly pushed me over the edge.

Neiteio

Was just playing a while ago and discovered I could ring the bell trees like a bell. Almost brought a tear to my eyes. The fact that they already looked like trees out of the world of Seuss already had me lovin them. That detail nearly pushed me over the edge.
Wait, how do you ring them? Do you tap them on the touchscreen?

Lenardo

Banned
got the game friday, my kids - 9 9 and 12 have spent ~8-12hrs this weekend playing..

they love the game.

daughter LOVES fire Peach.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Is this game worth owning if Im probably just gonna play it by myself? I dont own a Wii U but Im curious.

Darryl

Banned
Is this game worth owning if Im probably just gonna play it by myself? I dont own a Wii U but Im curious.

Yea I think I would enjoy playing it alone just as much as with people (doing a run with people now). It's a fleshed out game. You can just focus on 100%ing and platforming instead of teamwork.

Exile20

The game basically has 3 modes.

Singleplayer
Coop
Competitive multiplayer.

All are awesome and different, I am playing it with my wife now but obviously we are not going after every star so I go back through the stages alone to collect everything.

This game is so good.

Hero

Just shy of 9 hours I just completed the main game and unlocked the secret character.

Game is so fun, seriously every level is a blast. Got pretty tough in those last two worlds, especially going for Green Stars and Stamps.

Between FE:A, W101, LoZ:LbtW and this it's going to be hard for me to pick a GOTY.

I got it as Vanilla Spoiler. I played on my Pro Pad and tapped the platform on the game pad with my toe.

Haha, awesome. In my frustration I was considering trying to pause the platform using the pad but then decided not to "cheat". Finally made it to the top after a guy on Miiverse pointed out to me that (post-game content)
Rosalina's spin attack actually provides a little height increase on top of her standard jump.

cafemomo

borrowed a friend's wii u for this game

This game genuinely makes me smile

Haven't enjoyed (or really played) a mario platformer since sunshine, this game is simply fantastic.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone else have to get every star/stamp before you move on to the next stage? Yeah, I'm that guy...and I'm not even really ocd =P

For most of the game, this is how I did things, but then I missed a stamp and a star on 5-Castle and decided I wouldn't go back. Played the next two levels of World 6, and couldn't take it anymore, I had to go back to 5-Castle.

I'm so weak.

Top Bottom