• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Double

I guess you guys you will just have to comment again on it when I fix it. I might be able to lower the ice stage a few blocks to get more room at the top, and I can definitely change up the p switch dispensers. I can also add a more leeway to the wiggler section. My only problem that I don't really have a solution for is the boss at the end of the plant world can spawn incorrectly sometimes and it looks really bad, but that's because of how Mario Maker handles enemies off the main screen. But that is more of an aesthetics issue rather than a gameplay issue. Did you want anything look at Double before I make a revision?

Also these 30 min long youtube videos, all spent on that darn ice level, lol.
I haven't even commented yet, as I was capturing the screen of my Gamepad, so a new version would give me a reason to play again and then comment... ;)

Sound good, an occasional bad looking boss spawn won't break your level!

Axiom

Congratulation for being featured: Halloween selection!

I might have seen Magikooped Up somewhere?

In water, no one can hear you... is featured too! Thank you Nintendo!
:)

Oh wow! That's amazing!

I feel we should be shaking each others hand while patting each other on the back.

Seriously, wow. I'm so shocked and pleased at this.

I'm glad I fixed up They Follow.

Neki

Made some big bug fixes guys, thanks for the tips, gonna play some GAF levels. (Sorry for repost)

Traveller of the Cosmos

Rosalina wakes up to discover that she is lost in an unknown galaxy. Traverse through fiery depths, icy caverns, metallic corridors and overgrown jungles as Rosalina races against the clock to make it back to her ship.

5B6A-0000-00C8-8391

4gkzXwT.jpg

Anteo

I made a new level!:

No ground to jump from

WVW69ihc0SwtoWZVlu

F4FD-0000-00C8-9124

I had a level like this before, but it used the clown car (alternatively you could do it without it) I took the inspiration from the non-clown car route and just polished the dificulty curve.
Also, I used SMW cause I love the castle theme.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I´m open for more submissions, people who have already a video can submit another level too, though I´ll prioritze those who still don´t have a video. Quote this paragraph and just write down your level name and ID like this;
Level Name (Level ID)
It´s just easier for me to upload and name the videos :p

Are you still taking submissions cause I'd love you to try these 2:

The Magic Koopa Troopa (B959-0000-0052-36DA) (Just a simple, short level)

I've been here before (0A7B-0000-00C0-87A7) (My twist on Metroid-like levels)

These are kind of related, however they are diferent when compared to a level like The Abandoned Fortress or the one I just made.
Have fun!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Is that important? I don't think anybody wants to look at my dumb face XD

My research indicates most big Twitch streamers have face cam. Check out trihex on Twitch or something now. He's a Mario speed runner and has a face cam :O I'm considering it myself if I want to grow the channel a bit... take it to the next stage, perhaps ?

My research indicates most big Twitch streamers have face cam. Check out trihex on Twitch or something now. He's a Mario speed runner and has a face cam :O I'm considering it myself if I want to grow the channel a bit... take it to the next stage, perhaps ?

Well, I have a webcam, so I guess I could just turn it on. I just figured why take up space on the screen hahaha. Wouldn't work for SMM anyway since I'm looking down at the Gamepad the whole time. Could work for PC games though.

Are you on twitch more these days, or YouTube?

ciD_Vain

I just found out it's 150 stars, not 100, to get 30 uploads.

T__T

Must get 50 more stars! Who wants to help me out? :) Here is my latest:

P-Switch Poltergeist House
0557-0000-00C8-563B

Feel free to try out some of my other levels too! Gonna play some GAF levels to pass time.

I made a puzzle level today:

One-Way Heroics
(1B45-0000-00C8-3082)
Pretty cool puzzle level. Pretty easy and short.
I made a new level!:
I really liked this. Felt like a real Mario level at times.
Shameless repost for new page:
Corona Mountain: hat beats lava

F368-0000-00C6-3146
Fun level. Sometimes a lot visually is going on at once, making it sometimes confusing to navigate.

Starred all three :)

NetMapel

Well, I have a webcam, so I guess I could just turn it on. I just figured why take up space on the screen hahaha. Wouldn't work for SMM anyway since I'm looking down at the Gamepad the whole time. Could work for PC games though.

Still the same schedule as usual (Except I wasn't on on the last weekend), but I am now switching up Saturday to Twitch because I'm done with Life is Strange. Gonna stream Super Mario RPG on Twitch now on Saturday.

Can you not play Mario Maker on your computer screen ? That would make streaming with face cam on a lot easier, I suppose, haha. People love seeing reactions during Mario Maker play through because of hilarious troll levels, heheheh !

correojon

I'm gonna re upload a modified version of the level with a little more help for the player. Or maybe with comments, I don't know...
Anyway, you were so close to finishing the level but the goomba thing completely putted you on the wrong track ...
the answer is indeed in the second yellow block ;)

Thanks for playing my level !

EDIT : Here's the update version :
supermariorugby2.jpg
I played the new version, tried everything I could think of at the end and still couldn´t beat it :(
I managed to hit the second yellow block after several tries but nothing happened, it just spins there in place...

I made a puzzle level today:

One-Way Heroics
(1B45-0000-00C8-3082)

WVW69ihaFngjFSrCNA

It's pretty short but I'm unsure how hard it is, so please let me know if certain parts are too confusing.
It´short and simple, too short maybe as I could reach the last part without fully uderstanding how the doors worked (I died once but got it right the second time). Anyway cool little level, it´s awesome how people are still finding new uses for the most basic stuff.

You're welcome, happy to help make your levels even better :)
Also, your feedback on all these levels seems to really be spot on as well and very well written! Totally agree with your review of Nekis new great stage for example! And yeah, what KooopaKid wrote basically mirrored by impression of your level 1:1^^ except that I didn't really think about the name, haha.
Already looking forward to when my level is gonna be ready to get reviewed by you :D
Thanks!
Finally my chance to avenge all my broken levels
I mean it will be a pleasure! ;)

I guess you guys you will just have to comment again on it when I fix it. I might be able to lower the ice stage a few blocks to get more room at the top, and I can definitely change up the p switch dispensers. I can also add a more leeway to the wiggler section. My only problem that I don't really have a solution for is the boss at the end of the plant world can spawn incorrectly sometimes and it looks really bad, but that's because of how Mario Maker handles enemies off the main screen. But that is more of an aesthetics issue rather than a gameplay issue. Did you want anything look at Double before I make a revision? I want to make one or two revisions at most before I leave it alone.

Also these 30 min long youtube videos, all spent on that darn ice level, lol.
For the Reznor Boss, can´t you use a door or pipe or something just right before him to make Mario enter through that and sync everything? Looking at your level you may have ran out of doors, but maybe you can add a pipe and an intermediate room which maybe gives the player a powerUp for the Boss Fight, or just move the Boss Fight to the subworld to use only one pipe.

I´ll gladly comment on it in Miiverse when you reupload it ;)

Are you still taking submissions cause I'd love you to try these 2:

The Magic Koopa Troopa (B959-0000-0052-36DA) (Just a simple, short level)

I've been here before (0A7B-0000-00C0-87A7) (My twist on Metroid-like levels)

These are kind of related, however they are diferent when compared to a level like The Abandoned Fortress or the one I just made.
Have fun!
I already played I´ve been here before some days ago, cool puzzle level, I timed out the first time but managed to beat it on the second. It left me scratching my head more than once.

Dimentios:
The video of Carnivore Hollows (1CAE-0000-0062-93FD) failed during upload, so i´ve left it uploading again, will check it when I get home and post the review, sorry for the wait. BTW, your design style in general and your level Heaven´s Keep in particular have inspired me for a new course, so thanks for that. I hope I can achieve something of similar quality.

I´ll be playing today some random levels and uploading them to a single video, if you want your level recorded quote this list and add your level:
  • Plumber´s Perilious Pilgrimmage (8030-0000-00AC-94B6) Jarosh
  • Super Ma*CTHULHU FHTAGN* (EEAF-0000-0061-9899) Jarosh
  • Reverse Engineering (C77C-0000-0072-826E) Jarosh
  • Cloud Bully (5A71-0000-00AE-D1AB) woopWOOP
  • The Magic Koopa Troopa (B959-0000-0052-36DA) Anteo
  • I've been here before (A703-0000-0052-40AF) Anteo
  • Heaven´s Keep (887A-0000-007F-C5A0) Dimentios
  • Aerial Port (F60F-0000-0012-941E) Dimentios
  • Egg Carrier Yoshis! (9B5E-0000-00B5-34B2) Kiavik
  • The Pits and the Pendulums (2E7C-0000-00BC-6683) Kiavik
  • Corona Mountain: hat beats lava (F368-0000-00C6-3146) CrisKre
  • A bob-omb of ice and fire (58E7-0000-00BF-B4E8) CrisKre

jarosh

I´ll be playing today some random levels and uploading them to a single video, if you want your level recorded quote this list and add your level:

Ooh, nice that you're gonna be playing my levels! :D

But I honestly think you can replace Reverse Engineering with another one. I'm really not happy with it anymore. It's got a lot of flaws. Maybe you could do Hard Hat Area or Long Live Queen Koopa instead?

correojon

Ooh, nice that you're gonna be playing my levels! :D

But I honestly think you can replace Reverse Engineering with another one. I'm really not happy with it anymore. It's got a lot of flaws. Maybe you could do Hard Hat Area or Long Live Queen Koopa instead?

Well, I think I haven´t played any of your levels on the list (though I did watch the Cthulhu one in Naar´s stream) and what I´ve read on Reverse Engineering has made me very interested in it. I´ll add Hard Hat Area too (I´ve already played it), maybe I´ll play it after Reverse Engineering and make a comparison between them, as RE is one of your first levels and HHA is the most recent, it may be cool to see the evolution on your design techniques. Deal?

Weng

• Shine a light (3 Ups, 100 coins) (291F-0000-00AB-7E77) Weng
Added one of my levels. It's my first attempt at a simple ghost house. Clearing it should be easy, but finding all 3 ups and 100 coins should be a bit harder. The title is a hint ;)

I'd really appreciate you playing and recording it. I thought people would be able to understand it, but from the completion rate it doesn't look like it. I'm curious how you will approach it.

jarosh

Well, I think I haven´t played any of your levels on the list (though I did watch the Cthulhu one in Naar´s stream) and what I´ve read on Reverse Engineering has made me very interested in it. I´ll add Hard Hat Area too (I´ve already played it), maybe I´ll play it after Reverse Engineering and make a comparison between them, as RE is one of your first levels and HHA is the most recent, it may be cool to see the evolution on your design techniques. Deal?

Ah I see! Of course, play whichever level you like! I still actually like the overall concept of Reverse Engineering. It's just a lot harder than most of my other courses. Its flaws are mostly about little things that become annoying/frustrating on repeat plays. And yeah, it was the very first level I made.

CrisKre

I just found out it's 150 stars, not 100, to get 30 uploads.

T__T

Must get 50 more stars! Who wants to help me out? :) Here is my latest:

P-Switch Poltergeist House
0557-0000-00C8-563B

Feel free to try out some of my other levels too! Gonna play some GAF levels to pass time.

Pretty cool puzzle level. Pretty easy and short.

I really liked this. Felt like a real Mario level at times.

Fun level. Sometimes a lot visually is going on at once, making it sometimes confusing to navigate.

Starred all three :)

Thanks! Ill check yours when i get home after work.

Still the same schedule as usual (Except I wasn't on on the last weekend), but I am now switching up Saturday to Twitch because I'm done with Life is Strange. Gonna stream Super Mario RPG on Twitch now on Saturday.

Can you not play Mario Maker on your computer screen ? That would make streaming with face cam on a lot easier, I suppose, haha. People love seeing reactions during Mario Maker play through because of hilarious troll levels, heheheh !

You mean, like, play through OBS or something? I can't remember how the lag is going straight into that. I can't plug directly into my monitor because it actually only takes DisplayPort!

I'll have to investigate that later this week.

Thud

I think live reactions and a face to pin it down to is one of the selling points for streamers.

Neki

I played the new version, tried everything I could think of at the end and still couldn´t beat it :(
I managed to hit the second yellow block after several tries but nothing happened, it just spins there in place...

It´short and simple, too short maybe as I could reach the last part without fully uderstanding how the doors worked (I died once but got it right the second time). Anyway cool little level, it´s awesome how people are still finding new uses for the most basic stuff.

Thanks!
Finally my chance to avenge all my broken levels
I mean it will be a pleasure! ;)

For the Reznor Boss, can´t you use a door or pipe or something just right before him to make Mario enter through that and sync everything? Looking at your level you may have ran out of doors, but maybe you can add a pipe and an intermediate room which maybe gives the player a powerUp for the Boss Fight, or just move the Boss Fight to the subworld to use only one pipe.

I´ll gladly comment on it in Miiverse when you reupload it ;)

I already played I´ve been here before some days ago, cool puzzle level, I timed out the first time but managed to beat it on the second. It left me scratching my head more than once.

Dimentios:
The video of Carnivore Hollows (1CAE-0000-0062-93FD) failed during upload, so i´ve left it uploading again, will check it when I get home and post the review, sorry for the wait. BTW, your design style in general and your level Heaven´s Keep in particular have inspired me for a new course, so thanks for that. I hope I can achieve something of similar quality.

I managed to address all your issues with the ice level and I fixed the plant boss and tweaked the difficulty of the fire and plant worlds, should be more manageable. I probably won't touch the map until checkpoints are out. Thanks again.

I just made a horror themed level in time for Halloween.

Lovewind Manor

LlL3e1u.jpg

(56BB-0000-00C9-2B02)

It's probably very lame, but I won't spoil much about it. It's a very short and easy level too.

fabprems

Oh sorry
, I meant the second *row* of yellow blocks that you have to destroy with a bomb. I add some sign to show there was something hidden, stil not obvious enough it seems !!

Roi

• Goomba Adventure (C9CC-0000-00B5-4B8A) Roi

:)

Simbabbad

So, GAF, I'm thinking about editing my whole "y cant metroid shoot?" series after the update to smooth out things with checkpoints. And I wondered if I should change its title, since the meme thing maybe doesn't convey the right atmosphere of my series.

What do you think? Is "y cant metroid shoot?" OK or should I title it "Metroid Resurgence" or something?

NetMapel

You mean, like, play through OBS or something? I can't remember how the lag is going straight into that. I can't plug directly into my monitor because it actually only takes DisplayPort!

I'll have to investigate that later this week.
Hmmm I suppose that is a problem then. You may need another monitor that can take HDMI and also a HDMI splitter so you can have the Wii U display both through Elgato and your secondary monitor. Most streamers I have seen have minimum of two monitors. HDMI splitter and HDMI cables aren't too expensive but obviously a new monitor is expensive. My splitter setup should hopefully be complete tomorrow then I can see how well it functions :)

To have reactions playing Mario Maker would be quite priceless haha

Robin64

So, GAF, I'm thinking about editing my whole "y cant metroid shoot?" series after the update to smooth out things with checkpoints. And I wondered if I should change its title, since the meme thing maybe doesn't convey the right atmosphere of my series.

What do you think? Is "y cant metroid shoot?" OK or should I title it "Metroid Resurgence" or something?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130205

Rename it, definitely.

Simbabbad

Rename it, definitely.
Yeah, I was thinking that a little while back. I don't even like memes, I find them childish and annoying. But it seemed amusing to me that you can shoot as Mario in SMM, but not as Samus, so it sounded like a good idea at the time. Ultimately it doesn't really work with what I actually did with my levels, though.

I'm not a native English speaker, and it doesn't help... does "Metroid Resurgence" sound OK or lame? I thought about something like "Return to Zebes" (pretty bland, I know), but it needs to have "Metroid" somewhere.

kinggroin

Banned
Slide me a Bullet-Bill (7D46-0000-00C9-8DEC)

WVW69ihirPwBJZ8IpN

Navigate obstacles while sliding between two moving bullet bill walls.

Don't land on your feet, the Chain Chomps are HUNGRY!

For casual Mario players - EXTRENELY HARD
For seasoned GAFers, you'll get in a handful of tries. No cheap shots, just keep looking ahead.

Edit: As always, YOU COMMENT ON MY LEVEL, I WILL PLAY ANY ONE OF YOURS YOU REPLY WITH.

Hmmm I suppose that is a problem then. You may need another monitor that can take HDMI and also a HDMI splitter so you can have the Wii U display both through Elgato and your secondary monitor. Most streamers I have seen have minimum of two monitors. HDMI splitter and HDMI cables aren't too expensive but obviously a new monitor is expensive. My splitter setup should hopefully be complete tomorrow then I can see how well it functions :)

To have reactions playing Mario Maker would be quite priceless haha

Well, perhaps ironically, I do have two monitors, but neither accepts HDMI XD
One accepts DisplayPort, while the other accepts DVI or Component but no audio anyway... haha

Killua

I just made a new one this morning. It's pretty simple and easy.

WVW69ihhsXYJYh8ijP

"P" is a good letter. (D94E-0000-00C9-6139)

Axiom

• Snake Oil (3927-0000-00C3-B9FA)

I'm looking for more feedback on Snake Oil, but if you've played it before then by all means go onto something else. :)

I'm at PAX for the next few days and they have a Mario Maker tourney that is between two pre-set teams. I'm a bit bummed we can't have a Team GAF. We'd bring home GAF Gold!

kinggroin

Banned
  • Slide me a Bullet-Bill (7D46-0000-00C9-8DEC)

Done

NetMapel

One accepts DisplayPort, while the other accepts DVI or Component but no audio anyway... haha
You can get a HDMI to DVI adaptor easily :) also use headphone plugged into your game pad for game audio ! Your stream will reach a new height with face cam :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Not related at all with the content of the post, but I wanted to tell you that I'm glad you obtained to get your channel back, after what you had to experience. :D

You can get a HDMI to DVI adaptor easily :) also use headphone plugged into your game pad for game audio ! Your stream will reach a new height with face cam :D
Haha, maybe so. I need to get a better mic though too because I actually have to use two headsets simultaneously for the GamePad audio and sending audio into the PC XD

I definitely have some work to do to take the next steps.

Not related at all with the content of the post, but I wanted to tell you that I'm glad you obtained to get your channel back, after what you had to experience. :D
Thanks Mpl :D

NetMapel

Haha, maybe so. I need to get a better mic though too because I actually have to use two headsets simultaneously for the GamePad audio and sending audio into the PC XD

I definitely have some work to do to take the next steps.
Much complicated setup hahaha. Well I hope you can streamline that setup in the near future so you can stream games more easily without all these hassles ! I stream from my living room so I got a small night stand table with wheels that has my mic and stuff on it. I just wheel it over to me and start streaming fairly easily haha. Why not just try with face cam on first and see if it is worth it before investing into potentially more stuff? I think chat reaction will give you a good idea how it it is pretty quick once you have face cam turned on.

Tanwo

Mpl90's random feedback time

World X-4: 8E9C-0000-0094-5FFB

Nicely done. Good pace, fair platforming, and
it even trolls you with that pipe leading back to another part of the level. But I don't consider it as a negative, since it's not one of those troll pipes / doors I've seen too much times, leading to death. It's just a joke, and it doesn't bring you that far from where you were
. Yeah, quite neat.

Thanks for playing my level! About the
pipes, I wanted to replicate the design of some of the castles from the original SMB, where you had to choose the correct pipe to advance. From the feedback I received from everyone, I see that it's probably not clear enough. But that's also a reason why I added a way without pipes.

I played your 1-1 levels, like The road to FungiTown. Nice classic levels, and with the NSMBU style, something not very common!

kinggroin

Banned
Much complicated setup hahaha. Well I hope you can streamline that setup in the near future so you can stream games more easily without all these hassles ! I stream from my living room so I got a small night stand table with wheels that has my mic and stuff on it. I just wheel it over to me and start streaming fairly easily haha. Why not just try with face cam on first and see if it is worth it before investing into potentially more stuff? I think chat reaction will give you a good idea how it it is pretty quick once you have face cam turned on.

When are you streaming again, madam?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tomorrow at roughly 9PM Pacific Time Zone! I have yet to decide whether to put face cam on for this session yet. Need to test out stuff and so on :)

Since it seems you've always started streaming while I was asleep (different time zones gonna different time zones :p ), I don't remember if you collect levels by PM / Goggle Doc before you start your live stream. In the case, hopefully I'll be able to register one of my levels this time :lol

NetMapel

Face cam! Oh dear!
Senpai won't notice you :p

Since it seems you've always started streaming while I was asleep (different time zones gonna different time zones :p ), I don't remember if you collect levels by PM / Goggle Doc before you start your live stream. In the case, hopefully I'll be able to register one of my levels this time :lol
Yes I take level submission through Google submission form. I usually open it up like an hour before I stream, so I hope to get your level tomorrow :) Don't worry I usually leave fairly clear instruction to when I stream and how to submit level before I stream here. I love me some GAF levels :)

I have more questions but I don't want to derail so I'm going to take this to PM :D

Bydobob

Ok, a couple of quick ones:

I made a new level!:

I had a level like this before, but it used the clown car (alternatively you could do it without it) I took the inspiration from the non-clown car route and just polished the dificulty curve.
Also, I used SMW cause I love the castle theme.

Good, focused level with a fair challenge. Had no trouble completing this but I had to concentrate, the kind of balance most people strive for but rarely achieve. Bouncing on stuff is always fun and you capitalised well.

Waluigi's Trial (EB7A-0000-00C8-E7C1)

WVW69iheZ2QAOPsAOu

New one. I've done my "choose your own path" variant.

I liked this level but it did have a few of issues. The paths were most definitely not equal,
I'm thinking of the top path where you jump off the 3 blue platforms, it's the hardest path to take but lands you in the trickiest spot with the donuts and spikes that follow. The bottom path is incredibly straightforward by comparison.
Other areas could also do with looking at.
The Wiggler near the beginning can just be run straight under without stopping, and the red Bullet Bill/Koopa/spikes beforehand can be bypassed altogether by jumping off the Bullet Bill structure
. Was this your intention?

Talking of spikes you've got a big one near the end with Bowser Jr and the blue skull ride. I lost all but one of my lives here.
The ride sets off in an upwards direction then takes a sharp turn left into spikes. If you're at the back of the ride when it levels out there is simply not enough time to move to the front and make the jump. Placing the spikes further back would give players the chance to adjust. The bottom is problematic too. The spikes are too low and the flames too plentiful to jump on Bowser Jr without getting hit, leaving the best option to get on the white skull ride. The problem here is it is too slow to get moving, by which time Bowser Jr's shell has inevitably caught up with you.
I hope you don't mind me going into so much detail, but the level has a lot of potential and deserves a little more of your time. Multi-path levels are rarely done well but yours is pretty close.

Double

Damnit why do I have to play so much shitty levels to get me some decent mystery shroom costumes.

edit: 4 OK levels in a row on normal now. As always, you just have to complain and things get better <:)

Anteo

Did play some of your guys stages tonight and recorded them while I was at it, with a bit of commentary.

Now, the video quality is pretty meh, but I figured it might be good enough for watching your own levels get played as feedback ;)

My commentary is probably hard to understand, too, I put down the game volume after the first part so it should be better after that, will sit closer to the micro when I do this again next time though.

The videos are on twitch as they are still getting rendered for youtube. Just tell me if you want to watch a part on youtube instead.

Part 1 including (starting at):
Axiom - Snake Oil
Neki - Traveller of the Cosmos (5:00)

Part 2
Neki - Traveller of the Cosmos (continuation)
Jocchan - Super Dude Bros. II 1-2 (0:12:30)
Schlomo - Escape from Koopatraz (0:21:00)
Schlomo - Dino cloning Lab (0:25:10)
WoopWoop - Cloud Bully (0:38:00)
CrisKre - A bob-omb of Ice and fire (0:44:20)
CrisKre - Corono Mountain: hat beats Lava (1:01:25)
Kirk - The Ghostess with the Mostest (1:06:40)
Anteo - I've been here before (1:25:20)
correojon - RtDL 4,5,6 (1:37:30)

Part 3
correojon - RtDL 6 (continuation)

@correojon I did run into some problems with your levels again, lol :D

btw I think you guys should slow down a bit with the reposts.

Cant believe you actually went ahead and tried to find the last secret lol!
You dont really need any of the powerups to find that one. And if you do find it you can just
high jump from the kuribo shoe to the exit instead of using the spring

Thanks for playing!

?oe?oe

I liked this level but it did have a few of issues. The paths were most definitely not equal,
I'm thinking of the top path where you jump off the 3 blue platforms, it's the hardest path to take but lands you in the trickiest spot with the donuts and spikes that follow. The bottom path is incredibly straightforward by comparison.
Other areas could also do with looking at.
The Wiggler near the beginning can just be run straight under without stopping, and the red Bullet Bill/Koopa/spikes beforehand can be bypassed altogether by jumping off the Bullet Bill structure
. Was this your intention?
Thanks for trying it out!

The beginning section is pretty straight forward, the spikes are mainly to make you jump short on the middle level. The jumping section with the donuts at the end is pretty straight forward, I thought, with the mini puzzle donut/spike. The middle level you have to jump through a thinner gap to get on the donut

Talking of spikes you've got a big one near the end with Bowser Jr and the blue skull ride. I lost all but one of my lives here.
The ride sets off in an upwards direction then takes a sharp turn left into spikes. If you're at the back of the ride when it levels out there is simply not enough time to move to the front and make the jump. Placing the spikes further back would give players the chance to adjust. The bottom is problematic too. The spikes are too low and the flames too plentiful to jump on Bowser Jr without getting hit, leaving the best option to get on the white skull ride. The problem here is it is too slow to get moving, by which time Bowser Jr's shell has inevitably caught up with you.
I hope you don't mind me going into so much detail, but the level has a lot of potential and deserves a little more of your time. Multi-path levels are rarely done well but yours is pretty close.
The blue skull, you can definitely adjust to jump the spikes and still land (I done it numerous time). Bowser Jr is all about short hops, but I agree that there's too may flames, especially the one when you first get on the white skull.

Top Bottom