• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

KooopaKid

Banned
Tough but mostly fair and had me raging a little bit. There's was one section about 1/4 of the way through the level where I kept dying, and it wasn't even a particularly challenging part. I always ended up in front of the same cannon and jumped right into a bullet bill. I think the only problematic part was just before the checkpoint. timing felt off to where I couldn't get a clear jump to the conveyor with the checkpoint.

Thanks for playing! I will try your levels tonight.

Reposting for the new page:

I'm back! Finally completed Planet 2-4 of my Super Mario Planets series. Enjoy!

Code: F061-0000-0125-3206

yOf2FsS.jpg

I will give feedback to anyone playing my level as usual ;)

Robin64

Posted in the other thread on Gaming side, but should be here too. Links for all the NeoGAF Showcase levels for easy bookmarking!

Smokin' Skull Stream by Nocturnowl
Jr's Water Park by Kinsei
Little Pikmin Adventure by Robin64
Sunken Airship by Dimentios
Tonight I Dine On Turtle Soup by ToastyFrog
Ruined Castle Romp by Insidious Walrus
Pipe-opolis by UncleSporky
WarioWare, Inc. by octopiggy
Goombas Take A Dive by Macheezmo
The White Dimension by Storm Kyleis
Dark Paths, Cold Nights by Danielsan
A Song of Ice and Fire by daydream
Captain Toad Lvl. 1 (DON'T JUMP!) by Belgian Dude
Koopa Trails by Kebiinu

CrisKre

I'll leave a few of my latest courses here for easy access guys, in case you wanna bookmark:

2780-0000-0113-E955_full.jpg

Scorching Pyro Manic Manor!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2780-0000-0113-E955

69B1-0000-00E7-B91F_full.jpg

Snowy Sky Lift Summit!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/69B1-0000-00E7-B91F

7D59-0000-0104-411F_full.jpg

Bowser Jr's Hot Air Balloon Armada!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7D59-0000-0104-411F

6A1C-0000-00EF-2E97_full.jpg

Shiveringly Frozen Cold Manor!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/6A1C-0000-00EF-2E97

And i just Remixed one of my courses tightening it up:

99D2-0000-0125-F850_full.jpg

Jolly Roger Port REDUX!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/99D2-0000-0125-F850

Please give it a go!

Roi

Love to break (world) records for tracks that many people allready played :D! Record time really adds something to this game.

a68.jpg

Thud

Need to get back into this game most of my Wii U time is taken up with X at the moment. Here's my profile:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Crafton

Goomba Factory is probably my favourite course, would like to expand on the theme a bit more, ideally I want to show the progression of Goomba's coming off the production line and being introduced into a regular level through a pipe.

Is this the website Nintendo made?

Dimentios

I earned 8 stars in the last three hours. Only need two more for 3000.
You can do it GAF. ^-^

Bookmarked a ton of levels. Will playing a marathon later, I guess.

Edit: We need a second thread where every user gets 1 (!) post where they presents their levels and. In the first post there is a list from all the users who have a presentation in that very thread. :eek:

Craft

I earned 8 stars in the last three hours. Only need two more for 3000.
You can do it GAF. ^-^

Bookmarked a ton of levels. Will playing a marathon later, I guess.

Edit: We need a second thread where every user gets 1 (!) post where they presents their levels and. In the first post there is a list from all the users who have a presentation in that very thread. :eek:

There was a Google doc floating around a few weeks back, perhaps we could update that...

(Quote to see)

daydream

Banned
added the smm bookmark links of the community showcase levels to the OP

thanks to robin for assembling those!

I thought it would be fun to pool the NeoGAF Community Showcase levels from the OT together into one easily bookmarkable post. So I did!

Smokin' Skull Stream by Nocturnowl
Jr's Water Park by Kinsei
Little Pikmin Adventure by Robin64
Sunken Airship by Dimentios
Tonight I Dine On Turtle Soup by ToastyFrog
Ruined Castle Romp by Insidious Walrus
Pipe-opolis by UncleSporky
WarioWare, Inc. by octopiggy
Goombas Take A Dive by Macheezmo
The White Dimension by Storm Kyleis
Dark Paths, Cold Nights by Danielsan
A Song of Ice and Fire by daydream
Captain Toad Lvl. 1 (DON'T JUMP!) by Belgian Dude
Koopa Trails by Kebiinu

Simbabbad

Saw the update, bumpers are fugly, in particular in SMB1, what's this horrible green? I'm not picturing myself ever using them given how horrible they look.

Also, people really turned stingy, they barely give stars any more.

kubus

Help GAF I'm a complete Mario Maker newbie who just started the game for the first time. I just want to quickly unlock the Felyne costume before it disappears. I completed the Ma Rio level and it said I unlocked a costume but it's just the brick and goomba costume I found in the level. When I go build a level I can't choose the Felyne costume when I place a special "?" block.

I tried the Mercedes Benz level and the costume unlocked normally after I completed it.

What do I do to get the Felyne costume?

Edit: restarted the game and the felyne costume appears in the level now! Weird

Robin64

It's a shame we can't set records on our own courses, especially when the solution is so simple.

(Create another NNID, set the name and Mii to be the same, done)

Morts

Is there a way to delete all my bookmarks at once on the site? Once I've gone through a playlist I don't really need to keep them around anymore.

This update is fantastic though. I was never going to go through this site and enter all these lengthy codes, but now I'm going to play everything. I can see myself bookmarking courses while I'm bored at work to play when I get home.

jholmes

Love to break (world) records for tracks that many people allready played :D! Record time really adds something to this game.

It seems that the creator can't hold any record though, which sucks because I like to give my stages a speedrun baseline.

Apparently the bumpers have the same mechanics as the saw blades, meaning everything except Mario clips right through them.

Only Mario can bounce on them.

This is true. I was worried about my latest stage having everything bounce around them but it doesn't. Enemies, power-ups, nothing reacts to the rings. You can still use music blocks for that though.

Robin64

It seems that the creator can't hold any record though, which sucks because I like to give my stages a speedrun baseline.

Yep, it does suck a bit, but use the second NNID trick to get round it. Just make the Mii and display name identical and nobody will know otherwise.

Here's my profile. However only the latest level on there(Milky Cave) has a checkpoint. I"ll probably go back and put some check points in the other stages.

jholmes

I came across a (admittedly esoteric) error in my level and decided to fix it before it got much attention. So here's the new upload of All Aboard the Wiggle-mobile! (Click the picture for the link!)

You'll have to update any old bookmarks. Sorry for the inconvenience, I never ever do this.

BashNasty

Also, people really turned stingy, they barely give stars any more.

People, for whatever reason, have always been super stingy with stars. I've got 25 levels up, a lot of them pretty damn good, and I probably only got 40 or so stars in the last month. Always pretty infuriating to see all the people playing your levels and not throwing them any stars. Stars are unlimited people, use em!

Inkwell

Banned
I tried making a fun puzzle level. I took a little inspiration from those escape the room games, though it's kind of difficult to translate that into a Mario level. I did my best to remove any exploits, ways to cheat, or places to get stuck (you can technically still get stuck almost everywhere and I'm not sure how to fix it). I put so much time into this level and it almost doesn't seem worth it. I really feel for professional level designers. Anyway, here it is:

Escape the Rooms

After all that work, I just realized that the Ghost House theme would have been a way better fit :( . Oh well, maybe I'll make another one if they add some more items that are better suited for puzzles.

My profile:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Simbabbad

My main series:

I'm planning on finishing Third Party Quest eventually, but I'm taking a break from Super Mario Maker. The fact players don't really leave much comments or stars any more compared to the first months isn't very encouraging...

Just wanna throw support to these levels for anyine passing by. Shit is fantastic.

As a side note, I've relaxed my star giving a bit. My main issue is that stars and saves are the sane. I would like to star but also keep a permanent listbof stuff I really liked.

Stars cost nothing though. If a level was fun to play and I dont feel pissed offat the end I give it stars now. Having thousands of people play your levels and no stars is pretty meh. You know people are just mashing A as quick as possible and that is the reason for low stars on a lot of easy levels.

Bydobob

Wow, great update, although struggling with the tags for my levels - where the hell is good to honest 'platforming'?

I've got a lot of levels graded as Super Expert but feel this should be reserved for Kaizo-esque levels which mine really are not. I'll link my two most recent levels, feel free to give them a try (and set a new record!)

Ghost House Assault
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/FC5B-0000-011A-771B
FC5B-0000-011A-771B_full.jpg

Double-crosser Jnr
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/DB52-0000-0100-11D9
DB52-0000-0100-11D9_full.jpg

Top Bottom