• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

teamsteam.png

1. The game does not launch with the editor, but it will be free when it does release. We are aiming for January, but we want to launch it with full portal functionality. It is the highest of high priorities as far as we are concerned.

2. The game will be SteamPlay when it does finally come out on the Mac. We do not have a release version for the Mac yet. It is priority, but lower priority than the editor.

3. No PS3 version, stop asking, stop wishing, it's not happening. Sorry.

4. We are still working with Nintendo on our options for the Wii version, we have not forgotten our Wii fans and we are doing everything we can to deliver a version of the game that lives up to our quality standards.

5. The Xbox Live patch is in approval, hopefully it'll be up in a few weeks. Patching isn't as easy as just uploading a new executable...there is approval, certification, testing, etc. Please be patient.

6. Tara Long and I have not set a date yet, but we are registered at Family Christian Stores. As a gift to her, from me, World of Goo ball will be playable in the Steam version via a special code. (it was totally planned all along but this is gunna earn me some points).

http://www.supermeatboy.com/63/I_just_pre_ordered___in_my_pants/#b

vocab

Preordered

This game was on steam preorders since like January, and it's finally here. The Giant bomb quick look sold me on the game.

Holepunch

Mostly interested in
6. Tara Long and I have not set a date yet, but we are registered at Family Christian Stores. As a gift to her, from me, World of Goo ball will be playable in the Steam version via a special code. (it was totally planned all along but this is gunna earn me some points).
Wondering if the average player could get that code. Or maybe World of Goo owners? Or maybe he's just teasing us.:lol

I'm also surprised it's Runman and Naija. I've played both of those games but guessed neither because runman looks like a star not a tooth and by the looks of it his first Naija outline wasn't close to the design he stuck to.

Pre-ordered regardless. Honestly my most anticipated game for the holidays.

Red

Wonder if/how goo ball will differ from gish.

Gish isn't in the PC version I'm assuming, so I guess the goo ball will just function as his replacement.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Welp, just got the 100% achievement (even though I have one bandage left to get), and I have to say that this game is definitely within my top ten of favorite games ever. I think I may have one or two levels left to A+, and then I'll probably start going back over them to try to lower my overall time :3

vocab

Nelo Ice said:
so tempted to preorder and double dip now but i kno i'll be burned and it'll be marked down during the christmas sale :lol

I don't think it will. It might go back to $10, but I don't see it going lower when it's barely a month old for steam.

Holepunch

Holepunch said:
Wondering if the average player could get that code. Or maybe World of Goo owners? Or maybe he's just teasing us
Hey me in the past posing question no one seemed to care about. Anyways they've confirmed on twitter there will be one code that everyone can use and will be well known.

So basically, Steam version gets Headcrab AND Gooball.

SS4Gogita said:
Welp, just got the 100% achievement (even though I have one bandage left to get), and I have to say that this game is definitely within my top ten of favorite games ever. I think I may have one or two levels left to A+, and then I'll probably start going back over them to try to lower my overall time :3

You "Golden God" people make me insanely jealous. Damn you and your awesome platforming skills. :D I still have to finish the Dark Worlds of Chapter 5 and 6, and a ton of bandages and warp zones to go through.

I did unlock The Kid, though, and I'm pretty happy about that.

M Tyson

Banned
HadesGigas said:
It was made very clear that it was a sale pretty much everywhere the game was mentioned, you have no one to call "fuckin stupid" but yourself.

very clear if you read it on an internet forum you mean?

I AM JOHN! said:
They're about as stupid as you are literate.
smug.gif

oh fuck ive been 1-lined by a mouthy gamer

M Tyson said:
very clear if you read it on an internet forum you mean?

oh fuck ive been 1-lined by a mouthy gamer

Or any internet video game website that covers Xbox.

Or Supermeatboy.com.

Or Xbox.com.

Or the Xbox Game Marketplace.

Or the Xbox dashboard.

Basically, you should not be aware of what this game is right now if you missed all these things.

Nabs

HadesGigas said:
Damn, a video game with secrets you don't have to buy with MS Points?!

@SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
Goo Ball is playable with a Cheat Code. I forgot we live in a time where secrets are bought and aren't just included in the game.

ha

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since the Wii version's fate is currently unknown it has made my decision of which version to buy so much easier. Will be preordering it through Steam ASAP.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Will be buying through Steam then, since WiiWare seems to be on hiatus.

I hope that the N+ Ninja gets patched in months down the line though, other characters as well. It just...the OCD part of me.....augh...

Snuggler said:
I don't even have a rig, just a little cheap laptop. Plus I would only want to play this on a gamepad and it's probably not even possible for my playstation controller to work with this thing.

oh well, as long as it plays the same and comes out before I die, it's OK

Download the MotionJoy drivers and your PS3 controllers will all work "plug and play."

The GPU requirements seem to be aimed at a GMA 950, it should play just fine on even Atom netbooks by the looks of things.

M Tyson

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Is this supposed to be an insult?

was your literacy comment supposed to be an insult? im not here to impress you on a gaming forum, and all i said was im not buying this after the price hike bullshit.

sorry i hurt your pussy!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
brain_stew said:
Download the MotionJoy drivers and your PS3 controllers will all work "plug and play."

The GPU requirements seem to be aimed at a GMA 950, it should play just fine on even Atom netbooks by the looks of things.
Looks like my GMA 900 netbook is out of luck :/

I also think raising the price now is pretty dumb. Should've just kept it at 800. A sale like that doesn't make sense if it goes on for a month and then suddenly "lol, 1200 points".

M Tyson

Banned
Backfoggen said:
I also think raising the price now is pretty dumb. Should've just kept it at 800. A sale like that doesn't make sense if it goes on for a month and then suddenly "lol, 1200 points".

how dare you

Backfoggen said:
Except that it wasn't suddenly 1200 at all. It was crystal clear from the beginning that it would be on sale for a month, and then up to the originally planned 1200 MSP on November 21st.

By doing an introductory sale, they undoubtedly sold a hell of a lot more copies than if they had released it at 1200, and then reduced it to 800 points later, by which point people would have lost interest, and the game itself had lost it's "brand new" appeal.

And saying that it should be 800 points as standard is just ridiculous, as SMB is easily worth 1200 points.

Anybody who failed to take advantage of the offer has nobody but themselves to blame. Hell, I just double-dipped and pre-ordered the PC version via Steam, which entailed me downloading Steam *specifically* for that very purpose. So nobody has any excuses for not downloading the XBLA version at any point over the course of a whole month.

EDIT: I'm seeing the appeal of Steam now. Damn, son. I've already added VVVVVV, Plants Vs. Zombies, and Poker Night at the Inventory to my basket as well.

Stuneseht

Backfoggen said:
How hard are the second and third levels from The Kid? The first one is nearly impossible for me so I might as well not try.
They're easier than the first... But that's not saying much. It took me 3 hours to finish all three:lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Backfoggen said:
So you acknowledge that there was a sale, yet don't seem to understand how a sale works? I'm confused.

OMG Aero

I hope there are some cheats or something in the PC version to unlock all the characters. One of the most annoying things about Super Meat Boy on the 360 was the fact that I completed the game with only half the characters because of the high bandage requirements for them.
When the unlockable characters were announced for it, I really wanted to play with the N+ Ninja because I loved N+ but it was such a dick move making you need 100 bandages to unlock him, at which point you have finished the game anyway.

Nabs

Ben2749 said:
By doing an introductory sale, they undoubtedly sold a hell of a lot more copies than if they had released it at 1200, and then reduced it to 800 points later, by which point people would have lost interest, and the game itself had lost it's "brand new" appeal.

And saying that it should be 800 points as standard is just ridiculous, as SMB is easily worth 1200 points.

Anybody who failed to take advantage of the offer has nobody but themselves to blame. Hell, I just double-dipped and pre-ordered the PC version via Steam, which entailed me downloading Steam *specifically* for that very purpose. So nobody has any excuses for not downloading the XBLA version at any point over the course of a whole month.

EDIT: I'm seeing the appeal of Steam now. Damn, son. I've already added VVVVVV, Plants Vs. Zombies, and Poker Night at the Inventory to my basket as well.

Click on the Specials tab on the front page. This weekend is going to be crazy.

RedStep

Backfoggen said:

You and me, brother. We're going to change the world. I'm off to let Target and Wal-Mart know that it's bullshit that they put new movies on this "sale" (whatever that is) when they come out and then raise the price the next week.

Prices go down, not up!

I just don't see the point in having a sale that ends when a game starts to lose it's popularity. Judging from the leaderboards the game did well enough at a 800 points and they should've just kept the momentum they've gained with that price point.

Backfoggen said:
I just don't see the point in having a sale that ends when a game starts to lose it's popularity. Judging from the leaderboards the game did well enough at a 800 points and they should've just kept the momentum they've gained with that price point.

But a large part of that popularity came from people trying and downloading it specifically because it was on sale.

Nabs said:
Click on the Specials tab on the front page. This weekend is going to be crazy.

Do you know what's going to be on offer this weekend?

Also, do the deals currently shown only last a day? I might have to get Sam & Max Season 3 if so (I'm still annoyed it's not on 360, but at that price, I don't mind so much).

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Volcynika

Ben2749 said:
Do you know what's going to be on offer this weekend?

Also, do the deals currently shown only last a day? I might have to get Sam & Max Season 3 if so (I'm still annoyed it's not on 360, but at that price, I don't mind so much).

Once the timer is down to 00:00:00 they're gone.

Emitan

Quixzlizx said:
The Steam version supports ds2/ds3 pads, right?
If you use Joy2Key or something that translates the buttons to key preses. I haven't ever seen a game with native DS3 compatibility.

Billychu said:
If you use Joy2Key or something that translates the buttons to key preses. I haven't ever seen a game with native DS3 compatibility.

Just use MotioninJoy and select the 360 pad emulation option.

Morphis

I double dipped on this. I have never double dipped on any game ever. Don't even know if I'll play it much on PC but I just want to support this great game :)

I love the name of the achievement for getting Mr. Minecraft: Accidental Arsonist :p

Billychu said:

The Motionjoy joy drivers have an integrated 360 controller emulator. So any game that supports the 360 controller (which is just about any game with controller support these days, including Meat Boy) will work plug and play without any configuration.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Lé Blade Runner said:
You "Golden God" people make me insanely jealous. Damn you and your awesome platforming skills. :D I still have to finish the Dark Worlds of Chapter 5 and 6, and a ton of bandages and warp zones to go through.

I did unlock The Kid, though, and I'm pretty happy about that.

I don't know about awesome, as I died like 12 or 13,000 times :lol

It is nice to see my name within the top 300, though.

So I preordered the game yesterday but had never played the original Meat Boy. Just downloaded and played through it from Newgrounds. Awesome game :D Can't wait to play SMB soon.

I played it with the Wii-remote and it worked well. Probably going to play SMB the same way (that or with the Classic Controller).

Top Bottom