• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Holepunch said:
I have a three part plan.

1) Get through lightworld any means necessary. Don't worry about times
2) Go back and A+ and bandage every level
3) Beat the Dark World
4) Try to beat each world without dying once for the achievements and crying myself to sleep when I inevitably fail.

Also, what's all this talk about using D-pads? I thought analog stick was the way to go. I'm using a 360 controller and there is no way in hell I'm using that D-pad.

Tin Boy & Iron Boy achievements are pretty easy once you've played the game for awhile, just run thru the Light World of World 1 - The Forest, the only tough level is the boss and you dont even need to beat that level to get the achievement.

I bought this at launch and have been slowly hammering away at it, I've beaten 301 levels and I'm only 5 levels and 2 bandages away from 100% for the entire game. It's gonna be one of my favorite gaming accomplishments of all-time if I can pull it off...

Holepunch

TheVisualizer said:
Tin Boy & Iron Boy achievements are pretty easy once you've played the game for awhile, just run thru the Light World of World 1 - The Forest, the only tough level is the boss and you dont even need to beat that level to get the achievement.

I bought this at launch and have been slowly hammering away at it, I've beaten 301 levels and I'm only 5 levels and 2 bandages away from 100% for the entire game. It's gonna be one of my favorite gaming accomplishments of all-time if I can pull it off...
You haven't checked the achievement list for the PC. This time around they have an Iron Boy per world, so there are at least 5 harder achievements than what is on Xbox.

OMG Aero

I wish Steam would hurry up and fix itself.
I've been trying to buy this for the past two hours but Steam won't let me and there is only one hour left of the deal.

Emitan

OMG Aero said:
I wish Steam would hurry up and fix itself.
I've been trying to buy this for the past two hours but Steam won't let me and there is only one hour left of the deal.
Try submitting a support ticket before the sale ends. They might let you buy it for sale price after it's over.

pirata

What the hell?!? I preordered SMB quite a while ago, and it was listed in my games menu, but now it isn't there anymore! What gives?

EDIT: Never mind, it's there now. I was scared that I had been jipped!

Davidion

I played this on my friend's 360 and there was a cool half second control lag, which was just disastrous. This had better not be a problem with the PC version.

Arrows and/or SNES dpad all the way.

ShogunX

Davidion said:
I played this on my friend's 360 and there was a cool half second control lag, which was just disastrous. This had better not be a problem with the PC version.

Sounds like your friends 360 pad is broken.

Red

Davidion said:

If you had a half second of control lag, there is something seriously wrong with your friend's gaming set up.

The jump button occasionally
seemingly
does not register, but there is no lag at all in the controls. Everything is instant, and it has to be.

Davidion

Actually, the lag was ONLY present for SMB. I tried a bunch of his other games and the lag wasn't there.

Fine air control was pretty much impossible.

Jazzem

pirata said:
What the hell?!? I preordered SMB quite a while ago, and it was listed in my games menu, but now it isn't there anymore! What gives?

EDIT: Never mind, it's there now. I was scared that I had been jipped!

I had the same problem, but it's still not there :/

Red

Davidion said:
Actually, the lag was ONLY present for SMB. I tried a bunch of his other games and the lag wasn't there.

Fine air control was pretty much impossible.
Completely false, not a problem with the game at all. Your experience is not the majority. If there were broken air controls this wouldn't be a thread of near-unanimous praise.

It's possible the lag was there in other games, but was emphasized in SMB because of the pixel-perfect precision required.

Davidion

Crunched said:
Completely false, not a problem with the game at all. Your experience is not the majority. If there were broken air controls this wouldn't be a thread of near-unanimous praise.

It's possible the lag was there in other games, but was emphasized in SMB because of the pixel-perfect precision required.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that I was attacking the game. Not that you'd know, but I've already bought the game on steam.

Red

Davidion said:
I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that I was attacking the game. Not that you'd know, but I've already bought the game on steam.
I wasn't :lol

This isn't SMB-defense force. I had problems with the game myself. But you said something that was patently false, whether or not it was an "attack."

Hopefully you enjoy it and don't run into anymore problems.

Aaron

Tried restarting steam... and now I can't connect. What fun.

Edit: I'm in, but the game is still marked coming soon. Why did they change the ID like that? So stupid.

Tim-E

This happens every time a new game releases on Steam, and I'm always ready for it, but I also always have a mild seizure refreshing it constantly trying to see if it will let me download it. :lol

Emitan

Davidion said:

I experience no lag when I tried the demo. Either his download was glitched or some witchcraft was going on because from my experience the game has ridiculously tight controls.

Tim-E said:
This happens every time a new game releases on Steam, and I'm always ready for it, but I also always have a mild seizure refreshing it constantly trying to see if it will let me download it.:lol
Lucky. I'm stuck at work for the next 5 hours.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
And the community system just can't decide if it's up or down. I think it's a big hitch at Valve, or they timed Meat Boy to release on maintenance!

Davidion

Crunched said:
I wasn't :lol

This isn't SMB-defense force. I had problems with the game myself. But you said something that was patently false, whether or not it was an "attack."

Hopefully you enjoy it and don't run into anymore problems.

:lol dude, I was just relating anecdotal experience.

Anyways, good to hear about the controls. <3 platforming.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Why isn't the game released on steam yet? >_> i woke up early in the morning to play it. And I can't even download the game. There's not even a timer on the store page anymore. What is up with that.:lol

Nabs

Lafiel said:
Why isn't the game released on steam yet? >_> i woke up early in the morning to play it. And I can't even download the game. There's not even a timer. What is up with that.:lol

Valve time applies to all Steam games. It'll come soon enough.

Bufbaf said:
I'm with you. Also, I got no confirmation mail.

click on your username at the top of your steam client and check to see if meat boy is listed there.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Billychu said:
You didn't get an email receipt? Are you sure your purchase went through?

Paypal says so, and the game seems to appear on my "licenses" tab. So I'd say yes, it did. Still, I'm a bit worried :/

Emitan

Bufbaf said:
Paypal says so, and the game seems to appear on my "licenses" tab. So I'd say yes, it did. Still, I'm a bit worried :/
I'm just hoping that these problems aren't going to happen during the Christmas sale. And that they don't scare away new Steam users. Steam is amazing 99.9% of the time. It's just the .1% of the time where it's awful.

So I've preordered last week and the game is supposed to come out today? I think the steam client is all fucked up. Mine is saying that the steam sale is still going. I'm not sure whats going on.

Top Bottom