• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

HadesGigas said:
Ok internet detectives, get to work:

augraa.png

Can't see Runman :'(

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Were the last two just brought out today? I wasn't expecting them so soon.
Still think the floaty haired character is Naija.

Ed: Also, semi-Meat related news! Clikteam have a version of Games Factory 2 out for free exclusive to Newgrounds. Be just like Kayin! Be the Guy!

Pipomantis said:
And I hope the ball is not a goo, but Within A deep Forest's hero :3

(And no Gish for PC users? Such a shame :/)
Check back a page, it's a Goo unless it ain't real.

Monocle

If this game weren't so awesome already I'd be tempted to complain about the whole exclusive bonus characters thing.

:(

Man, Alien Hominid really shines when you start going for good times. He's the best character in nearly every level in which you have to travel upwards.

Likewise, Spelunky is awesome for levels that have large horizontal segments, though timing his blast jumps/landings is tough.

Ironically, the Kid is one of the worst characters when doing time trial runs, on account of how slow he is.

Holepunch

I was pretty bummed to find out the PC version wouldn't be getting a lot of the 360 characters like alien homined and Spelunker. Now that Steam isn't getting gooball, does that mean we're getting less characters as well?

That said, eeeeeee Headcrab!

Holepunch said:
I was pretty bummed to find out the PC version wouldn't be getting a lot of the 360 characters like alien homined and Spelunker. Now that Steam isn't getting gooball, does that mean we're getting less characters as well?

That said, eeeeeee Headcrab!

No. Head Crab/Gooball/Gish are the 10 bandage unlock "sticky" character.

JEKKI

whoo~!! got the dark mode ending last nite!!

2 more achievements to go! jus gotta beat the final world and get all the bandages & warps!!

Mike M

Nick N
So does the glitches Bandage Girl to unlock the glitch levels ever appear in light world levels? I have never seen one there, but will occasionally see her multiple times on my attempts to beat a single Dark World level.

http://supermeatboy.com/62/The_Sewers_of_Dross_is_up_/#b

Enjoy the Sewers of Dross, we have many more free chapters to come, our current schedule looks something like this.

12.??.2010 - Meat Boy (retro chapter based on the best of the meat boy flash prototype.
12.??.2010 - I Meat Boy (we take the best levels in the game remix them and make them harder!)

Q1 2011 - CommanderVideo Chapter (character exclusive chapter for commandervideo)
Q1 2011 - I wanna be the Kid (20 levels as hard as the kids warp zone, exclusive to the kid)
Q1 2011 - Best of user made p1 (20 of the best user submitted pc levels)

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Mike M said:
So does the glitches Bandage Girl to unlock the glitch levels ever appear in light world levels? I have never seen one there, but will occasionally see her multiple times on my attempts to beat a single Dark World level.
Yes, she can glitch anywhere. Best place to look for her is the easiest level that lets you see her from the start.

Look, it's awesome that they want to put in a bunch of new characters and all, but am I the only one who thinks it's really shitty that they're yanking out characters from the other versions? Gish is a perfect example of this. There's absolutely no goddamn reason to take the character you created out of the game except to force people to buy multiple versions to get all the guest characters. It's really stupid; really smart, since it's obviously working, but really, bridge-burningly stupid.

webrunner

I AM JOHN! said:
Look, it's awesome that they want to put in a bunch of new characters and all, but am I the only one who thinks it's really shitty that they're yanking out characters from the other versions? Gish is a perfect example of this. There's absolutely no goddamn reason to take the character you created out of the game except to force people to buy multiple versions to get all the guest characters. It's really stupid; really smart, since it's obviously working, but really, bridge-burningly stupid.

According to them, MS required them to have exclusive characters to the XBLA version. That they decided to go ahead and add replacement exclusive characters to the PC version is them being cool.

entremet

TheExodu5 said:
How can a developer know so little about computers. ;_;

edit: that's not to say I'm surprised. A ton of developers at work don't know a thing about computers or technology in general. It's quite perplexing.
What makes you say that? It's just an office tour, not a discussion on computer tech.

How do you unlock The Internets anyway? Haven't played in a while, so does it automatically unlock now that it's available, or do you have to beat Cotton Alley first?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
MicVlaD said:
How do you unlock The Internets anyway? Haven't played in a while, so does it automatically unlock now that it's available, or do you have to beat Cotton Alley first?

you unlock it after collecting 20 bandages. There's already a 20 level pack available.

Fimbulvetr said:
Bought, went through first 20 levels. Sooooooooooooo good.

How many chapters in total?

A couple of the later chapters mess around with the format a bit, but when all is said and done theres over 100 levels in the light world. then a dark world version of each of them. Along with warp zones and teh internets, you're looking at 300+.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I must have tried beating the first boss 50 times in a row last night. That third breakable wall with the blades directly below it gets me every single time. I got past it once, and immediately died on the following rotating blade.

What's the trick?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
HadesGigas said:
Ok internet detectives, get to work:

augraa.png
Argh, Quote, Quote, where is Quote? That is such a surprising omission next to all the other characters that I have to think they didn't get the rights or something.

Nabs

The_Technomancer said:
Argh, Quote, Quote, where is Quote? That is such a surprising omission next to all the other characters that I have to think they didn't get the rights or something.
They wouldn't let them use him.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope this fucker comes to Wiiware soon. I'm one of the few unlucky dudes who has to wait for that version now that I only have Wii and PS3.

goddamn the Wiiware and it's ridiculous size limits

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Nabs said:
They wouldn't let them use him.
Damnit, that makes me an incredibly sad panda... :(

I wonder if the WiiWare version gets an exclusive as well. I really want the Goo Ball, but I would prefer to buy on Steam...

Salsa

Snuggler said:
I hope this fucker comes to Wiiware soon. I'm one of the few unlucky dudes who has to wait for that version now that I only have Wii and PS3.

goddamn the Wiiware and it's ridiculous size limits

Xbox died ?

Buy it on Steam dude. Pretty sure it'll run fine with a low end rig.

Top Bottom