• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

pirata

Why are they delaying the game a few hours? Do they really need that time to put the finishing touches on the PC version? Isn't the game completely done already?

Tim-E

pirata said:
Why are they delaying the game a few hours? Do they really need that time to put the finishing touches on the PC version? Isn't the game completely done already?

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with finishing the game.

Emitan

pirata said:
Judging from their Twitter posts, they were coordinating with Notch on the Minecraft character and they were having some issues. They were missing files from Notch or something like that. So I don't think the game was even done this morning.

MNC

Billychu said:
Judging from their Twitter posts, they were coordinating with Notch on the Minecraft character and they were having some issues. They were missing files from Notch or something like that. So I don't think the game was even done this morning.
So notch was delaying shit again :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Thnikkaman said:
I think some people out there need to stop accepting "Valve Time." It's rubbish, no other service would survive press like that. Stopped being funny for me with the Worms Reloaded release. 6 hours + delayed.

Oh noes, a digital only game is delayed 6 hours! the end is near and all that!

Come on son, delays are usual everywhere. In fact, delay times are probably shorter now thanks to digital delivery. It's not a big deal to wait a couple of hours more for a game.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Billychu said:
Could you please tell me how long ago this was? I need to look this up to brighten my mood. :D

itxaka said:

Come on son, delays are usual everywhere. In fact, delay times are probably shorter now thanks to digital delivery. It's not a big deal to wait a couple of hours more for a game.
Except a retail store wouldn't refuse to give you a pre-bought copy of a game on release without days of warning. There's never an "oops, please wait a little longer" with Steam, just being stuck with delays into early GMT mornings and little end in sight. Direct2Drive would be getting loads of crap for things like this, but hey. Valve time.

Drkirby said:
Hey, Amazon still says it will most likely be 2 weeks before my copy of Golden Sun gets to me, and that came out 3 days ago. It happens, you get over it, most of us likely have a dozen new games from the recent Steam Sales anyway.
That's limited stock, the game should be ready for the "deploy" button. Should have been TBA still if the Notch thing is true (probably isn't).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thnikkaman said:
I think some people out there need to stop accepting "Valve Time." It's rubbish, no other service would survive press like that. Stopped being funny for me with the Worms Reloaded release. 6 hours + delayed.
Hey, Amazon still says it will most likely be 2 weeks before my copy of Golden Sun gets to me, and that came out 3 days ago. It happens, you get over it, most of us likely have a dozen new games from the recent Steam Sales anyway.

Emitan

MvmntInGrn said:
Rather new to Steam, do all releases release past midday?

I want this now :(
This one has been delayed but it really depends on the game. Some launch at midnight and some launch at noon. It's up to the developer/publisher as far as I know.

Spruchy

Drkirby said:
Officially golden sun came out yesterday and amazon doesn't ship on sundays so the earliest you would have it is today. Don't askew things to make your 'betrayal' sound worse than it is.

Spruchy said:
Officially golden sun came out yesterday and amazon doesn't ship on sundays so the earliest you would have it is today. Don't askew things to make your 'betrayal' sound worse than it is.

I think he was being facetious showing that things happen and releases of games aren't perfect.

Spruchy

LovingSteam said:
I think he was being facetious showing that things happen and releases of games aren't perfect.
I know what his point was it just doesn't serve anyone to fabricate the details just so it sounds you got hit harder then you did.

Glix

Spruchy said:

?????? He's not getting it for TWO WEEKS.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Lyphen said:
He's not getting hit as hard as us poor couple of hours Meatboy folks.
But I had my celebratory energy drinks and beef jerky ready! Looks like I have to store it away...

Drkirby said:
I bought Meatboy this morning with the intent to be playing it now :(
Which is how it should work in the first place.

itxaka said:

'6 hours' is a subjective term. If that 6 hours is from 3pm until 9pm, then no real harm done, you still get to play it.

If that 6 hours is from 7pm until 1am, then you don't get to play it today, and likely won't tomorrow until you've finished work (assuming you are gainfully employed)

Spruchy

Glix said:
?????? He's not getting it for TWO WEEKS.

If he's using free shipping Amazon always grossly overestimates shipping time to deter you from using a non-paying service. If he's not then he needs to contact them and ask what's up because they'll usually help.

Glix

If some of you haven't finished the flash game, or the brutal level pack for it, you could play that now to pass the time....

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spruchy said:
If he's using free shipping Amazon always grossly overestimates shipping time to deter you from using a non-paying service. If he's not then he needs to contact them and ask what's up because they'll usually help.
Nope, 2 day shipping, have had the game preordered since October 2009, they just haven't gotten their copies in yet. I will take the 20% savings over getting it at Gamestop and canceling the order.

Holepunch

It's not the delay, it's the way Valve does it. String us along in 2 hour chunks and keep delaying it without explanation. I would be totally fine if Valve told us it's not coming out until next week just as long as they told us.

My feelings Valve, my feelings.

Helmholtz

Holepunch said:
It's not the delay, it's the way Valve does it. String us along in 2 hour chunks and keep delaying it without explanation. I would be totally fine if Valve told us it's not coming out until next week just as long as they told us.

Ya...the unlock time that's listed is pretty useless if they can just alter it without explanation.

Belfast

Holepunch said:

Yeah, it's killing me. But this is pretty much how Blizzard handles maintenance or patch delays. They just update every hour or two saying they're still working on it, but no real estimation or explanation most of the time.

And it's out!

GWX

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The time has come.

actually, my slow ass connection will make me wait 1 hour until it's finally ready :(

Haeleos

Nice... it has 360 control icons everywhere and the menu just locked up after I hit escape. This is going to be great. :|

vocab

God damnit. Arrow keys only. Fucking gross. They still haven't learned why their flash game sucked ass. Guess I'm installing Motion Joy.

Roofy

vocab said:
God damnit. Arrow keys only. Fucking gross. They still haven't learned why their flash game sucked ass. Guess I'm installing Motion Joy.

really? i was hoping that i would have the option to use my 360 pad

Haeleos

Billychu said:
What else would it use? Can you not rebind controls?

EDIT: Derp. You probably meant WASD or something.

They said on their twitter that they are going to patch in control setup a couple weeks afterwards I believe.

Top Bottom