• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Holepunch

Just played through the first 2 worlds in light. Only bug I had was crash on exit, but it still saved everything (I think).

Wondering though, does the bandage counter include the ones found only in dark world and are there warpzones that can only be found in dark world? Thanks in advance.

For people trying to get Motionjoy to work, it only worked for me after I restarted my computer. I installed it, it didn't pick up my DS3, then I shut off my computer, came back the next day and it picked it up perfectly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No key configuration?

Please, Meat Boy team, if you're reading this, patch that shit in asap. Forcing default is a wee bit silly.

deleted

Just played through the first world with a few crashes, but holy cow this is AWESOME!
Hope theres a patch in the near future... And I would have really liked to save my replay from the first Boss-World. Died about 20 times there I guess, but with no loading and all it felt great to figure the fastest way out.

Mimir

If anyone has issues with saw blade speeds, or weird missed jumps, try forcing VSync. Before doing that, all of the saw blades were moving 3-4 times faster than they should.

Just finished the first world. The frame-rate is just horrible for me. Not sure what it is.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8135 @ 2.40GHz
2.39 GHz, 2.98 GB of RAM

Should it be this bad?

epmode

For anyone who doesn't know how 360 pad emulation works, a quick tutorial:

Download the latest x360ce zip from here: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

Extract the EXE file to your SMB folder Steam\steamapps\common\super meat boy

run x360.exe, say yes when it asks to create its files

Set up the important 360 buttons using the dropdown boxes. This part may take some trial and error but the nice thing about the program is that it instantly updates after you change a setting so you can quickly see if you're doing it right. Once the pad is doing exactly what you want, click Save

Look in the SMB folder again and rename xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll

This emulator will work in most games that support the 360 pad natively (except you usually don't have to rename that dll). It's lovely.

After getting my Saturn pad working, this is a pretty awesome port. 60 FPS, looks great. ...but WTF @ not including non-360 pad support at launch. Bad form!

f0rk

Yeah, this isn't a keyboard game lol. Was fun but the controls weren't as great as initial impressions suggested. Going to try installing a DS3 tomorrow.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I love this game, it's so good. I can't even get mad at it because I know everything that goes wrong is my own fault and not the game's.

World 2 stage music is amazing too, holy shit.

And keyboard controls suck, feels perfect with a 360 pad though :D

vocab

Mimir said:
If anyone has issues with saw blade speeds, or weird missed jumps, try forcing VSync. Before doing that, all of the saw blades were moving 3-4 times faster than they should.

Seems like they stutter a bit (shoot saws), but I watched some XBOX360 vids, and it seemed normal so now I don't focus on it.

edit: got headcrab and commander video.

Nabs

Gotta pull myself for a moment. Game is so awesome.

The only bug I had was at the very start when it wouldn't recognize my 360 pad. Just had to restart the game twice and it worked. Haven't had any other problems yet. No stuttering issues, but I do have D3D running.

I really don't own a gamepad at this moment; will it lower my enjoyment?

On the other hand my internet it's running seriously low today.

OsZC5.png

Never goes over 50 Kb/sec =/

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The game is so damn hard yet it never feels frustrating. I think it's due to how near-instant the respawning is in this game.:lol as well as the lack of trial and error in the level design.

Flambe

Done first stage, I don't see where all the gd bandages are those for the first levels lol.

Feels great with Dual Shock 3 though! So fun and only a couple swear words so far but they were joking.

I'm sure the rage will come..

Helmholtz

Finished the first world, using 360 controller. So far so good, I've had around 3 crashes so far but nothing serious. Trying to get A+'s and bandages is a rush :lol
Also this game has some of the tightest controls ever.

fushi

Game crashed after finishing 1-3. Fuck this.

Edit: And again, this time in 1-1, after going in reverse order from 1-3. I guess I'll have to wait until they fix it.

Epmode you are a hero, thanks bro.

Just got to the boss, my thumb hurts.
mannerbot said:
Meh was gonna happen whatever with the way they handled this release. They should've waited longer or not spent the last month including non essential characters when they could have been testing and implementing core playability features.

internetanonymity.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
mannerbot said:
Seriously. I'm not playing right now because of issues, but I'm grateful to get what will potentially soon be a bug-free kickass game for 10$.

But when I look at Steam's Facebook page I realize no matter how annoyed I can get with some GAF members at times, we have it good here. Steam (everything) is filled with jerks.

So I have A+ all world 1 light levels and most of the dark levels. Haven't tried the boss yet. Missing tons of bandages even though I'm grabbing whatever I see, not sure where all the others could be. Loving the short level size and challenge so far. The levels flow really well and naturally feel fast in pace.

Controls differed from the original Meat Boy flash more than I thought judging by videos. Mostly because there is a lot more adjustment available mid-jump. Controls feel extremely responsive. Just tried out the sideways wiimote after playing mostly with the Classic Controller and actually find it works better overall. Easier to land on small platforms. Classic Controller certainly feels fine as well though.

Liking the soundtrack and the visuals look much nicer than videos led me to believe. Sharp and colorful, looks nice on my 1080p plasma.

Great so far :D

EDIT: Oh as far as performance everything is fine when I play but I get a Windows error every time I exit the game.

TheExodu5

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
So I have A+ all world 1 light levels and most of the dark levels. Haven't tried the boss yet. Missing tons of bandages even though I'm grabbing whatever I see, not sure where all the others could be. Loving the short level size and challenge so far. The levels flow really well and naturally feel fast in pace.

Controls differed from the original Meat Boy flash more than I thought judging by videos. Mostly because there is a lot more adjustment available mid-jump. Controls feel extremely responsive. Just tried out the sideways wiimote after playing mostly with the Classic Controller and actually find it works better overall. Easier to land on small platforms. Classic Controller certainly feels fine as well though.

Liking the soundtrack and the visuals look much nicer than videos led me to believe. Sharp and colorful, looks nice on my 1080p plasma.

Great so far :D

EDIT: Oh as far as performance everything is fine when I play but I get a Windows error every time I exit the game.

How did you get the Wiimote/CC working?

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
Is there a way to see if there is a bandage in a level? I don't want to have to replay through levels just to find out which levels the bandages are in.

TheExodu5 said:
How did you get the Wiimote/CC working?
Just mapped the default keyboard controls to the Wiimote/CC using Glovepie.

Code:
//Classic Controller
Keyboard.Escape = Classic.Minus
Keyboard.W = Classic.Plus
Keyboard.Shift = Classic.y
Keyboard.Space = Classic.b
Keyboard.Up = Classic.Up
Keyboard.Down = Classic.Down
Keyboard.Left = Classic.Left
Keyboard.Right = Classic.Right
//Wii Remote
Keyboard.Escape = Wiimote.Minus
Keyboard.W = Wiimote.Plus
Keyboard.Shift = Wiimote.One
Keyboard.Space = Wiimote.Two
Keyboard.Up = Wiimote.Right
Keyboard.Down = Wiimote.Left
Keyboard.Right = Wiimote.Down
Keyboard.Left = Wiimote.Up

Haeleos

I was able to plug my PS3 controller in with a USB cable and use MotionInJoy. If anyone needs help doing this, let me know.

Holepunch

I'm pretty sure I found a bug, can anyone verifiy?

Chapter 3 Boss Spoilers

I'm suppose to be racing Brownie out of the salt factory, aren't I? When I played it it was only me and the rising salt, no Brownie:(

Insured

That's cool to hear. A little more waiting feels like NOTHING after the months I've followed this. Can't wait to get my hands on the game AND have it work soon!

2Crisis

hopefully someone who has this working can help me out.

I'm trying to use my DS3 through motionjoy to get this going.

I DO have my motionjoy installed and my ds3 is recognized through that. What do I do next to get it working with meatboy?

In MJ I changed the 'select one mode' option to xbox 360 controller emulator. Do I need to hit any buttons or set anything up beyond that? Just doing that then loading meatboy does nothing.

Thanks for any help.

Big-E

Is it easy to get the 360 controller to work on pc? I have the official wireless adapter, is that all I need for the game to detect it or do I need a third party program or something?

Top Bottom