• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

PS2 via USB adapter doesn't work. Tried plugging in the pad, several times, calibrating via the Windows utlility. He just runs to the left.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Visualante said:
PS2 via USB adapter doesn't work. Tried plugging in the pad, several times, calibrating via the Windows utlility. He just runs to the left.
Had a feeling this would be the case. Oh well, i have my 360 pad ready anyway.

Morphis

CommieCaptorS said:
this is all a bit messy

So it seems.

I'm not really hit by the mess, since I already own it on the 360. For the people with problems: hang on, they will probably patch it, and the game is worth the wait.

Is it really such a fair assumption that every PC gamer is using the 360 pad these days? Is it not compliant with generic USB protocol?

TheExodu5

Banned
Doesn't allow me to use any controller but the 360 controller. Fucking great. Now I gotta dick around with XPadder or Joy2Key to somehow get this to work. Even after I mapped the controls, my Meat Boy still runs left constantly.

SMH.

samoset

Is anyone else getting a cross-hair in the middle of their screen?
Seems like a weird glitch because I can't find any options to toggle it on or off.

jett

D-Member
TheExodu5 said:
Doesn't allow me to use any controller but the 360 controller. Fucking great. Now I gotta dick around with XPadder or Joy2Key to somehow get this to work. Even after I mapped the controls, my Meat Boy still runs left constantly.

SMH.

If you have a Dual Shock 3 it should work well with MotionJoy.

Just had my first crash with SMB :( I had a few freezes that lasted a split second and then during one level the screen went black and it crashed. But what I experienced so far is amazing.

Jazzem

Yeah I'm having problems with him running to the left as well. The weird thing is that the controller seems to not work properly in a different way; on the main menu it won't go up, on the settings it keeps moving down and on the map it won't go in a certain direction (left I think it was).

Bah :/

TheExodu5 said:
You don't like the 360 controller, I guess?

It really is a great controller and MS has really helped PC gaming by coming out with a pretty nice largely standardized controller. Yeah, OK, the dpad sucks. But other than that it is a great controller.

OMG Aero

Is anyone else having issues with slowdown? Sometimes when I'm playing the game dramatically slows down and the controls will become really unresponsive (I will be sliding down a wall and be unable to jump away from it). I've noticed this happens mainly on levels with lots of saws.

samoset said:
Is anyone else getting a cross-hair in the middle of their screen?
Seems like a weird glitch because I can't find any options to toggle it on or off.
The cross-hair is your mouse cursor.

speculawyer said:

It really is a great controller and MS has really helped PC gaming by coming out with a pretty nice largely standardized controller. Yeah, OK, the dpad sucks. But other than that it is a great controller.
I use PS2 pad because I'm used to it and that's what I have lying around. USB adapter was a generic solution for about $3. Plus the bonus of a competent d-pad. Also 'improved' at the cost of people not owning said controller.

360 controller emulator author said:
I believe that it is part of the marketing that Microsoft does not support normal PC games controller to work on certain PC games.

Also guessing most people not complaining are enjoying the game, everyone on my friends list is like "ya I have that pad so no problems"
jett said:
If you have a Dual Shock 3 it should work well with MotionJoy.
Someone on Steam forums says that doesn't work.

TheExodu5

Banned
speculawyer said:

I have 4 360 controllers, as well as a wireless adapter to use it on the PC.

No I don't like the 360 controller, especially not when I need to use the dpad and face buttons extensively. I rebought SMB on the PC primarily so I could use it with my SNES/CC/DS3.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
when will it come out on direct 2 drive? I've never gotten something from them before, and I don't see how to download it. The page for it also still just says pre-order.

Game runs pretty terrible on my computer. I don't have a great computer, but it is competent. A lot of slow-down, and unresponsive controls. Can my computer just not handle this, or is it the game?

Just for reference, I can run TF2 pretty much maxed out.

Blu_LED said:
Game runs pretty terrible on my computer. I don't have a great computer, but it is competent. A lot of slow-down, and unresponsive controls. Can my computer just not handle this, or is it the game?

Just for reference, I can run TF2 pretty much maxed out.
I can't play TF2 maxed out and this game is running perfectly for me.

MNC

Game crashed on changing settings, game ALWAYS crashes when exiting. Besides that a really solid game. Also replay screen got me stuck. Sometimes controls are really laggy, other times really fluid. So odd.

Visualante said:
Someone on Steam forums says that doesn't work.

Works fine, although I have motionjoy set to 360 emulation mode. (admittedly I'm using my old launch sixaxis rather than my dualshock3, but dont see how that would change much)

OMG Aero

Blu_LED said:
Ugh, anyone have any ideas?
I'm having similar problems with it. Some levels will be fine or even faster than on 360 while some levels will run so slowly.
It also runs terribly on my laptop which (while it isn't that powerful) manages to run Shatter fine, and that seems like a much more graphics intensive game to me.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Beat the first chapter. Game is really awesome. I'm not to bummed about being unable to use my PS2 controller. (unless i config some shit) as the 360 controller seems to work great for this game.

Stitch

Gold Member
meh my wingman rumble pad doesn't work properly so i had to play with the keyboard.... it sucks.

bought a bluetooth dongle, maybe it works better with a wiimote :D

MNC

Fucking port: It calls my SteamID Gamertag and LT and RT to scroll through menus... I hate this kind of work. Is it that hard to give that extra nudge? :(

MNC said:
Fucking port: It calls my SteamID Gamertag and LT and RT to scroll through menus... I hate this kind of work. Is it that hard to give that extra nudge? :(

They probably didn't have time to correctly 'localise' for PC what with it being released so soon after the XBLA version and all.

I like the game, but christ, this is sloppy, crashed on me multiple times already to boot

I was so excited to play this today, but with my ps2 usb adapter meatboy keeps running to the left :'(. You guys think they'll patch this?

Glix

So, is there a character akin to Tim (in the PC version) that gives you temp invincibility?

Some of the dark world bandages, with missile launchers would be impossible without it.

vocab

Just ran into a nasty bug. I unlocked the first glitch world, and meat boy began turning invisible during the regular worlds.

I know it's a bit off topic but I need to know, does this motionjoy thing require a bluetooth connection or can I just connect the ps3 controller via usb?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I've been out of the loop for a while, but do they have any more info on when the Xbox 360 patch will be up that adds new levels and stuff?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Got a couple crashes too, but it worked fine on my SFIV Madcatz Controller. Going to shelf this for a bit until it gets fixed, so I can get frustrated at missing a jump instead of being kicked to my desktop.

jett

D-Member
VoteForPedro said:
I know it's a bit off topic but I need to know, does this motionjoy thing require a bluetooth connection or can I just connect the ps3 controller via usb?

It supports both.

Top Bottom