• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

fubarduck

TheVisualizer said:
just came in here to brag that I am a freshly minted GOLDEN GOD on 360 AKA 100%'ed the entire game. Currently ranked 189 in the world and am working on speedrunning the entire game to get higher on the leaderboard.

If anyone on 360 still plays and want some leaderboard comp feel free to add me, my GT is The Visualizer

Congrats man! With the time I have to play the game, I think I'll need another week or so to join you . . . I'll friend you when I get home, should raise the bar a little bit for me, too easy to be #1 on my friends list ATM :)

TheExodu5

Banned
EviLore said:
World 1 and 2 complete, light side and dark side, A+ on every level, and the the world 1 and 2 secret stages also complete. Still missing a few bandages, not sure where they are, I've gotten all the ones I've seen. Did the completing world 1 without dying achievement, which was extremely easy compared to, well, numerous individual dark side levels and the warp zone bandages and and the secret stages.

2447 deaths, 8 hours logged, and so much game left. In love <3

World 3 dark side levels are really though. Oh, and have fun getting The Kid...though I forget what world he's in.

fubarduck

Scythesurge said:
I thought the PC patch was for issues on the PC version and not the 360 version, or are there issues that need to be patched in the 360 version?

The biggest issue on the 360 version is the autosave glitch. Sometimes, your session won't get saved at all.

Team Meat claims that it's caused by pushing Y to replay a level too quickly, but I stopped using the replay function completely and it has still happened to me a couple of times. I've probably lost 6+ hours of play due to the game not saving properly multiple times.

Other small glitches:

- Some worlds will give you over 100% after a full clear (on World 2, I have 106%)
- World 4 only displays 96% completion after a full clear
- Sometimes the leaderboard will show the wrong character for your record times. For example, on 5-6x, I got the #14 time or so with The Kid but it shows the Meat Boy icon.

Really, really wish the MS approval process did not take so long :(

fubarduck said:
Congrats man! With the time I have to play the game, I think I'll need another week or so to join you . . . I'll friend you when I get home, should raise the bar a little bit for me, too easy to be #1 on my friends list ATM :)

same here with my friends list, then BENJO KAZOOIE from GAF sent me a friend request an hour ago, he's #54 on the leaderboards and his times put mine to shame :lol

Chavelo

Blu_LED said:
Is there any way to get the game to show me the FPS it's running at?

You can download fraps and have it running (but no recording) on the background. A little yellow FPS marker shows on the top right.

when I play level 2 of Hell and you stand on a moving platform at the start I die the moment I even come close to the rock ceiling, it happened in other hell levels too, am I missing something or is this a bug??

Other than this, great game!

MNC

wind_steaker said:
when I play level 2 of Hell and you stand on a moving platform at the start I die the moment I even come close to the rock ceiling, it happened in other hell levels too, am I missing something or is this a bug??

Other than this, great game!
Had this too. It's because the platform is moving and can be lethal when you stand just at a certain odd angle... If you stand in the middle, it'll work just fine.

ArjanN

Scythesurge said:
I thought the PC patch was for issues on the PC version and not the 360 version, or are there issues that need to be patched in the 360 version?

The 360 version also has some issues, but they're different from the PC ones. The PC ones seem to be mostly fixed already now.

Red

Nabs said:
ahahahahah the peta update is live and it's awesome

btw, it took steam 1 hr to accept their patch and upload it to everyone. that's pretty cool.
Is it even possible to finish any level as tofu boy? :lol

Huh, apparently it is... and regardless of your time, you get an A+ :lol

barnone

Any other changes with the Peta patch besides the addition of tofu boy?

Also.. If anyone would add me on steam (steam account name jakeo3553, game name barnone) I'd love to compete with you all on the leaderboard!

MNC

I enter the code, I get an achievement, I hear PUSH THE BUTTONS, nothing happens, I try to start the game with meatboy... Game crashes. If I don't enter the code, it will work. Halp :(

Red

MNC said:
I enter the code, I get an achievement, I hear PUSH THE BUTTONS, nothing happens, I try to start the game with meatboy... Game crashes. If I don't enter the code, it will work. Halp :(
Try verifying your game cache. You need to put in the code every time you want to play as tofu boy (though you won't want to after a stage or two, he's worthless and only interesting as a novelty). You won't unlock him on the character select screen, he'll just appear as your character when you load the stage.
barnone said:
Any other changes with the Peta patch besides the addition of tofu boy?
No longer crashes on exit. Gamepad support might be in there now, I can't check.

MNC

Crunched said:
Try verifying your game cache. You need to put in the code every time you want to play as tofu boy (though you won't want to after a stage or two, he's worthless and only interesting as a novelty). You won't unlock him on the character select screen, he'll just appear as your character when you load the stage.
I did. Verified 1 file (It does that everytime somehow) And still crashes afterwards.

Davidion

Nabs said:
ahahahahah the peta update is live and it's awesome

btw, it took steam 1 hr to accept their patch and upload it to everyone. that's pretty cool.

You know something, funny as that exchange was between the devs and PETA, that picture makes me immediately sad for and sympathetic towards tofu boy.

TheExodu5

Banned
When you enter the code for tofuboy, you get an achievement: "Well look at you! You just changed the world!"

:lol

He's like Super Meat Boy, except is slower, and can barely jump. It's actually impossible to beat most levels with him. :lol

MNC

TOFU BOY DELETES YOUR LEADERBOARD ENTRIES. OR RATHER, REPLACES THEM WITH EMPTY STRINGS.

Now 'm not sure... Every first place has been erased for me.

Red

MNC said:
TOFU BOY DELETES YOUR LEADERBOARD ENTRIES. OR RATHER, REPLACES THEM WITH EMPTY STRINGS.

Yeah, I noticed that. And it's not only for the levels you use him in, but for all of them.

snack

MNC said:

Shit. For real?

I'm going to lay off inputting that Tofu code when I get back home.

Super-Meat-Boy-Vinyl.jpg

epmode

Just checked: Yeah, some of the leaderboards get fucked up. But your times are still there if you look at the levels themselves. I don't think anything's been permanently lost.

samoset

I checked the leaderboards before I entered the code and it was just a string too. So I'm not sure if it's just related to the new patch or the entering the code itself.

Insured

ArjanN said:
Well, it shows the character you completed the level with, maybe they could sort by character?
YES. Give a clickable tab for every character, and separate leaderboards for each of them!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TouchMyBox said:
I thought it would be possible to be clever and poke fun at peta without being somewhat distasteful in the process. :\

Nothing really distasteful about it.

Holepunch

TouchMyBox said:
I thought it would be possible to be clever and poke fun at peta without being somewhat distasteful in the process. :\
I'd like to know how you'd represent an unflavored block of tofu as tasty.

theultimo

Heh, theres an achievement for super tofu boy:

Unlocked: Dec 2, 2010 7:43pm
Well look at you!
You just changed the world!

EDIT: Past 1-1 BARELY :lol He has no reach and no jumping...but you can slowly get up to a cliff and BARELY make it.

Holepunch said:
I'd like to know how you'd represent an unflavored block of tofu as tasty.

Are we talking with or without soy sauce?

EatChildren said:
Nothing really distasteful about it.

I'm not offended by it, I just find it somewhat kind of hard to swallow (oh man, sick pun) that the embodiment of a diet should be portrayed as sickly.

Top Bottom