• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nabs said:
Welp.
(character warp zone spoiler)
What the fuck.

TouchMyBox said:
I'm not offended by it, I just find it somewhat kind of hard to swallow (oh man, sick pun) that the embodiment of a diet should be portrayed as sickly.
It's pale and gross looking on its own. When has something described like that not been sickly?

jett

D-Member
I can confirm that the latest version of motionjoy works with SMB, meaning I've been using my Dual Shock 3 with no problems. You have to restart motionjoy after you connect your DS3 and select the "XBOX 360 controller emulator" option.

EviLore said:
But yeah I'll wait until proper non-360 controller support is patched in before playing further, I think.

psst

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Sitting here at 99% for the first world.

Is there any way to tell what levels have bandages in them? If not, someone know what I'm missing? I have bandages in the following levels:
Normal 4 7 9 11 13 18 20
Dark 3, 10, 14, 15, 17, 19
and 2 in each purple warp zone

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How do you do Mighty Jill Off's levels? Supposedly she can float or something but I can't figure out how to get her to do it, jump and special seem to do sweet fuck all.

Sinatar said:
How do you do Mighty Jill Off's levels? Supposedly she can float or something but I can't figure out how to get her to do it, jump and special seem to do sweet fuck all.

Tap jump repeatedly.

Wallach

I'm looking at the bandage for 4-17... I can collect it, but looking at the geometry I don't see a way to get back from that ledge. Do you have to switch characters to get some of these? I'm pretty sure Meat Boy couldn't make the return trip.

fubarduck

Wallach said:
I'm looking at the bandage for 4-17... I can collect it, but looking at the geometry I don't see a way to get back from that ledge. Do you have to switch characters to get some of these? I'm pretty sure Meat Boy couldn't make the return trip.

Yeah. You'll need
Ogmo, Tim or The Kid
to get a bunch of them.

Just crashed at the end of a really hard level.

FML. Still only at like 38% even though i've done tons of levels, the percentage thing might be broken perhaps after the peta thing.
TheExodu5 said:
Got The Kid! :D

Only took 40 mins.
took 40 mins.
40 mins.
:/
fubarduck said:
Yeah. You'll need
Ogmo, Tim or The Kid
to get a bunch of them.
Is a tip for something so banal a spoiler? It's not going to really gain any sense of satisfaction if you waste half an hour only to find out you're using a character you can't achieve your goal with.

Volcynika

Ok, progressed some more after beating the light world.

First two worlds I have all bandages and all levels A+'d (though the second world has only 95%, does it count the beating without dying thing as contributing to your overall total?) and got all the bandages in the light world on level 3. Beaten 3 total minus worlds as well.

Woo! Also unlocked Naija just a little while ago.

Helmholtz

I've A+'d the light sides of the first 4 worlds, and almost half of the 5th. I love this game. It can be so frustrating yet so rewarding. Also, fuck that 'the kid' warp zone, I'm saving that shit until last.

FerranMG

Can someone post the Steam achievements?

I've been meaning to read them, but for the life of me I can't find them anywhere. :/

Wallach

Unlocked The Kid. My hands hurt, I spent probably an hour in total on just those three levels. The last of the three is much easier than the first two. Had the most trouble with the second one by far, which was frustrating because it probably shouldn't be the hardest one of them. My brain simply does not like a particular section of that stage.

duckroll

Cleared all dark world stages on world 1. Hand hurts. I ran into a glitch stage after beating one of the dark world stages, but after failing to complete it there was no option to play it again. And I can't trigger it again since it seems to be random. What gives? Do I just have to hope that I run into one again?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
duckroll said:
Cleared all dark world stages on world 1. Hand hurts. I ran into a glitch stage after beating one of the dark world stages, but after failing to complete it there was no option to play it again. And I can't trigger it again since it seems to be random. What gives? Do I just have to hope that I run into one again?

Look for the yellow square at the beginning of light world 1 stage select.

Helmholtz said:
I've A+'d the light sides of the first 4 worlds, and almost half of the 5th. I love this game. It can be so frustrating yet so rewarding. Also, fuck that 'the kid' warp zone, I'm saving that shit until last.

If anything, force yourself through it as soon as you find the warp zone, it will make you a better player and he's easily the most useful character in the game (in the 360 version at least, I don't know how good the PC exclusive characters are). Also, I think that first stage is the hardest, the last two stages are relatively easy once you get the rhythm down.

Helmholtz

Secks4Food said:
If anything, force yourself through it as soon as you find the warp zone, it will make you a better player and he's easily the most useful character in the game (in the 360 version at least, I don't know how good the PC exclusive characters are). Also, I think that first stage is the hardest, the last two stages are relatively easy once you get the rhythm down.
Heh, maybe I'll give it another shot when I have more free time. I can literally see it taking several hours :/

Wallach

Is it just random as to when Bandage Girl will be glitched in a given world so you can unlock that world's glitch stage?

TheExodu5

Banned
Helmholtz said:

The Kid is super helpful for some of the dark world stages, especially when it comes to evading rockets. You should get him before your full dark world playthrough.

snack

Will Team Meat patch the performance issues with SMB? I get no lag when inputting '-meddetails' in launch options but my computer should be able to run on high settings perfectly fine. :S

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the deal with the retro warp zone colourings?

I've A+'d light/dark for World 1, but my percentage for the world is still on ~%80, and no matter how many times I finish the retro stage warp zones they still appear as purple. I thought they changed to red once you finished them?

Wallach

EatChildren said:

I've A+'d light/dark for World 1, but my percentage for the world is still on ~%80, and no matter how many times I finish the retro stage warp zones they still appear as purple. I thought they changed to red once you finished them?

I think bandages count towards your completion percentage for a given world. Did you grab all of them?

Edit - About the color specifically, I'm not sure. I can't say I remember them changing color at all.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EatChildren said:

The red ones are character unlock warp zones afaik. Regular ones stay purple (or black in the dark world), the main thing to do with them is getting the two bandages in each one.

EatChildren said:

Like EvilLore said, red is for characters warp zones, purple is for regular meat boy warp zones. The character zones don't have bandages, meat boy zones always have 2. Also, there's always 3 warp zones in the light world and 1 in the dark on chapters 1 through 5. They're almost never found in the same level as a bandage (I think there's only one level with a bandage and a warp zone in the whole game). I hope this helps you find/beat all the warp zones; they get damn near impossible to find later in the game.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Secks4Food said:
Also, there's always 3 warp zones in the light world and 1 in the dark on chapters 1 through 5. They're almost never found in the same level as a bandage (I think there's only one level with a bandage and a warp zone in the whole game). I hope this helps you find/beat all the warp zones; they get damn near impossible to find later in the game.

Ah, good tips, thanks, wanted to avoid using any guides.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Visualante said:
The Kid's unlock is bulllllshit. I can't believe people are managing to complete that stage.

haha

you wait until you can make it through half of the first level, then you start getting REALLY mad.

I completed it, the 3rd level is freak material.

Aaron

Using Commander Video is a bit glitchy for me. I've fallen through worlds three times just as I was about to complete them. Pretty annoying.

Nabs

I picked up the OST today and it works damn well with Audiosurf. Loving Rocket Rider (Ch. 3 Dark World).

Those damn IWBTG levels are kicking my ass. I'll beat 'em tomorrow.

EviLore said:
Ah, good tips, thanks, wanted to avoid using any guides.

Yeah, they'll help a little, but even with those tips, some of the bandages and warp zones prove to be quite elusive. I should also mention that, with the exception of two stages, if there is a bandage on one variant of a level (light or dark) it won't be on the other variant. So, if you find a bandage on 1-1 light world, there won't be one in 1-1 dark world, and vice versa. This also works for all warp zones.

Arozay

Just unlocked The Kid, the stages other than the first were a little of a let down in difficulty compared to the first one, and the respawn point in the third was retarded.

Other than holding shift the whole time, another thing that's getting to me is deaths due to being stuck in a wallslide and not being able to dismount without a jump.

Top Bottom