• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Helmholtz said:
Everyone who's held off on buying this for some reason has to get it today. It's an amazing game :D

Got it and the Indie 2D pack all for $8.74 lol, what a steal.

• Super Meat Boy
  • VVVVVV
  • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
  • Super Laser Racer
  • Galcon Fusion
  • Bullet Candy

• $8.74

Platy

My pc don't have Pixel Shader ... besides that they all are better than the recomended requirements .... anyone have any idea how this game will play ?

GWX

Wow, this price is amazing. I pre-ordered it for 10 bucks and played for almost 20 hours already. The value at the current sale price is insane.

Boney

Banned
_dementia said:
That should solve it
It's just that Portal ran slow, bought L4D2 and it won't let me play it (my fault I know) and I don't have any controller for it.

Can you hook up the 360 pad to a Mac? It's a wireless one.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Boney said:
Agh, got $3.21 on my account. And I hate playing on my computer.

What to doo what to dooo

You still have a 360, right? Do you have a wired controller? If so, you're all set brah.

I just got my Steam copy. My laptop barely meets the requirements, but it'll be enough to hold me over till I get my PC in order.

I've missed this game!

Boney

Banned
Snuggler said:
You still have a 360, right? Do you have a wired controller? If so, you're all set brah.

I just got my Steam copy. My laptop barely meets the requirements, but it'll be enough to hold me over till I get my PC in order.

I've missed this game!
Noup.. it's a wireless one, and on a mac. I just hate the fact that I just can't buy the game, gotta charge the card for 5 bucks which I'll have to make myself spend on something later.

But I really wanna play this. Guess I'll just do it later today.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Boney said:
Noup.. it's a wireless one, and on a mac. I just hate the fact that I just can't buy the game, gotta charge the card for 5 bucks which I'll have to make myself spend on something later.

But I really wanna play this. Guess I'll just do it later today.
What? You don't need to add funds to your Steam Wallet to buy stuff.

Boney

Banned
Lyphen said:
What? You don't need to add funds to your Steam Wallet to buy stuff.
This interests me.
I can just buy it!? Awesome shit, but now I'm stuck with those 3 bucks for all eternity.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Boney said:
This interests me.
I can just buy it!? Awesome shit, but now I'm stuck with those 3 bucks for all eternity.
It also uses your wallet funds upfront and charges you the rest.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Boney said:
This interests me.

I've been making purchases for .50 cents apiece, there's none of that minimum amount bullshit that the consoles do

Anyways, I'm clicking 'play' in Steam and it's not launching. Does that mean my laptop is too shitty to play this? Damn.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah, I just needed some stupid file and now it runs, but goddamn it's like 20fps and nearly impossible with the space bar. So are the controls not configurable on the PC?

Damn, I guess I'll have to shelve this for now.

^ Sorry Bonery, you'll just have to man up and get the 360 version

Is there a way to get a bandage on 1-1 and/or 1-2. I see some levels have a bandage in the dark world, but I can't see a bandage anywhere in light or dark on those two.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Snuggler said:
Ah, I just needed some stupid file and now it runs, but goddamn it's like 20fps and nearly impossible with the space bar. So are the controls not configurable on the PC?

Custom Controls:
You can now customize the controls of Meatboy himself. This customization only applies to Meat Boy since it's the most important aspect of the game. There is a file in the install directory called "buttonmap.cfg" (It was buttoMmap.cfg when I first uploaded it...I was quite tired). So it works like this. There are two sections in the file, keyboard and gamepad. You can set the movement, jump, and special / run keys to anything you like (within reason) through this file. So you lefties that wanted WASD, here you go. The config file is case sensitive, so just make sure its all lower case. Some buttons that do not have alphanumeric representation have special names like:

Enter: return
Left Shift: shift
Right Shift: rshift
Space: space
Left Control: control
Right Control: rcontrol

You can only bind an action to one key.

step3.jpg

-highdetail Highest detail
-meddetail Medium detail
-lowdetail Lowest detail

dani_dc

prodystopian said:
Is there a way to get a bandage on 1-1 and/or 1-2. I see some levels have a bandage in the dark world, but I can't see a bandage anywhere in light or dark on those two.
Not all levels have bandages, that includes 1-1 and 1-2 in light world if I recall correctly.

Boney

Banned
Snuggler said:

I guess... I'll just wait up the next promotion or see whatever they're doing for the Wii version.

Played the first world after buying in the steam sale.

The first time I entered a warp zone was awesome. The first time I unlocked a new character was awesome. The cutscene after the first boss was awesome.

This game is awesome.

Saige

I must do better.
Anyone have any tips on how to get a sixaxis controller to work with a 64bit windows 7 pc? Tried some drivers but no luck, and I cannot play this with just a keyboard.

Flambe

Motionboy worked fine for mine (doesn't work with no internet connection though in 360 controller emulation mode.) Has instructions and whatnot, I had to fiddle around a bit to get it working

Coop

sublime085 said:
Played the first world after buying in the steam sale.

The first time I entered a warp zone was awesome. The first time I unlocked a new character was awesome. The cutscene after the first boss was awesome.

This game is awesome.

Ditto, though I think getting the bandages isn't going to be awesome.

Helmholtz

GAF, I finally beat the first stage of The Guy after countless hours and deaths. I am beyond happy right now. This second stage seems pretty tough, but I think I'll be able to do it :D

UrbanRats

Flambe said:
Motionboy worked fine for mine (doesn't work with no internet connection though in 360 controller emulation mode.) Has instructions and whatnot, I had to fiddle around a bit to get it working
You mean motionjoy.

Minamu

Steam won't launch the game. I think I had the same problems when I bought Cryostasis. I just get the preparing to launch SMB window and then nothing. My avatar goes green for 2 seconds, then blue again. What do I do to fix it? :)

Apo

Minamu said:
Steam won't launch the game. I think I had the same problems when I bought Cryostasis. I just get the preparing to launch SMB window and then nothing. My avatar goes green for 2 seconds, then blue again. What do I do to fix it? :)

I have the same problem and it seems a few others as well. Follow the link and try those suggestions. Maybe you're lucky and the game will run. For me the problem remains.

_Bro

Banned
I feel like there is a delay with my 360 controller on PC. Anybody experience anything similar or is that just the "weighty" feel of the game?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Amazing price. Was looking forward to getting this on Steam just for the user content. Glad I don't have to feel the least bit guilty for double dipping :D

Flambe said:
How did you get it to work? The game won't recognize my controller at all, and Motioninjoy is enabled and set properly as far as I can tell.

I opened up the buttonmap.cfg file, but I have no idea how to alter that properly, or if I even need to.

EDIT - FOUND A SOLUTION: See below. :D

Saige

I must do better.
Flambe said:
Thanks, that seemed to work for the controller but I just need to screw around with it some more to make it work with my wireless keyboard.

_Bro said:
I feel like there is a delay with my 360 controller on PC. Anybody experience anything similar or is that just the "weighty" feel of the game?

Is it a wireless controller? Are you using the analog stick? (I've heard it's preferable to the D-pad for this game).

DaBargainHunta said:
How did you get it to work? The game won't recognize my controller at all, and Motioninjoy is enabled and set properly as far as I can tell.

I opened up the buttonmap.cfg file, but I have no idea how to alter that properly, or if I even need to.
I figured it out. :D For anyone using the PS3 controller and having issues, just set MotioninJoy to emulate the 360 pad. Problem solved!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I usually hate these kinds of games but what the heck ever...bought it.
Same here. And guess what?

I hate this game too. :(

I'll try to get into it another time, but this game is super frustrating. And the sound design is annoying the fuck out of me.

Top Bottom