• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

GWX said:
TheVisualizer, thanks for the tips. Once I got the bandage, got into the propeller but died in one of the saws :lol
After a bunch of tries I managed to get it. That was the most annoying bandage to get so far, since the first missile launcher has a kinda random behavior: sometimes holding right while running after spawning get me safe to the lower floor, other times the missile hit me.

no problem, I got stuck on the very same part and thought I would never get that bandage, came in here got some tips and advice and smanged it out just like you :lol

W Hudson

Had some extra points in my account, so I went ahead and purchased this yesterday (XBLA) thanks in large part to the overwhelming praise its been getting here and the fact that I enjoyed the demo. And I must say, game is outstanding and an absolute blast to play. For whatever reason, getting the par times, collecting bandages, finding warps, etc. is just all so satisfying in this game. Probably cause the game presents such a fair challenge to you, I guess. 100% on chapter 1 and ready for more.

Nabs said:
the latest patch seems to have everything working right.

I had the game not register a couple of bandages that I got, and had to go back and do it again. Not a big deal for me, but is there any way to avoid this?

Volcynika

Oy. Progressed a good bit more. 100%'d the end, got the 'Real Ending.' Just have to finish the last set of things for The Rapture and then do the Dark World of Cotton Alley. Blahhhhhhhhhh.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Psychotext said:
I keep loading this on the 360 in the hope that I'll get the patch notification. :(
I haven't even started due to this.

I can't beleive how long it's taken.. a fucking Call of Duty title update wouldn't take this long to get through cert. Sigh.

GWX

Wizpig said:
And that some of those updates were broken / had still bugs.

Well, considering that there was one new update everyday, I don't see the problem. They fixed most of the game's issues in a week, while almost 2 months have passed since the XBLA release and the save bug still remains.

Pydte

According to my information, the Xbox patch didn't pass certification, or at least something went wrong in the process of approval. Team Meat had to resubmit a new version, and supposedly that's why it's taking such a long time.

Usually certification is no longer than a couple of weeks.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Pydte said:
According to my information, the Xbox patch didn't pass certification, or at least something went wrong in the process of approval. Team Meat had to resubmit a new version, and supposedly that's why it's taking such a long time.

Usually certification is no longer than a couple of weeks.
Well, that at least makes a little sense.

Thanks for the heads up.

Team Meat have announced on Twitter that Super Meat Boy is going to be on the XBLA Christmas sale for 800 points, starting on the 21st. So now people have even less of a reason to bitch about the 1200 point price tag. You've been given enough chances.

Princess Skittles said:
I haven't even started due to this.

I can't beleive how long it's taken.. a fucking Call of Duty title update wouldn't take this long to get through cert. Sigh.
At this point it has to be Team Meat's fault. There has to be some kind of bug(s) they are having trouble fixing. It wouldn't take this long otherwise.

The Hermit

GWX said:
3-19x_El-Topo_B.jpg

Really? Fuck this bandage.

:lol :lol :lol My initial reaction!!

One day later, after 3 tries I got it :O

Practice makes perfect.

fubarduck

Twig said:
Oh man that level.

You just have to get the timing down. Always begin from the bottom of the conveyor so you're at least consistent at the start. Beyond that, it's just practice and timing.

I don't understand how it's a timing thing. Do you have to jump, or are you supposed to go left at a specific time? Here's what happens:

If I hold left, I don't go far left enough for the buzzsaw no matter where I am on the conveyor.

If I jump, I don't keep any momentum from the conveyor.

What are the actual inputs you need to execute to get up?

Twig

Banned
Do NOT jump off the conveyor. You lose basically all vertical speed if you do.

You just have to time when you start holding left. And then you have to wiggle the stick to get through the rest of it. U:

fubarduck

Twig said:
Do NOT jump off the conveyor. You lose basically all vertical speed if you do.

You just have to time when you start holding left. And then you have to wiggle the stick to get through the rest of it. U:

Even if I hold left at the very bottom of the conveyor, and keep holding it all the way up, I go straight up and splat into the buzzsaw. That's why I don't understand the level.

fubarduck

Twig said:
That is really weird, then. Is your controller/keyboard broken? D:

Nope, I can move left on the ground just fine, including every other level. Hence my confusion. I'm using the X360 version with an arcade joystick mapped to the D-Pad. Do you think it's a glitch that might require use of the analog stick?

Edit: Tried 360 pad this time with both d-pad and analog stick, same thing happens. I can be holding "left" the whole time going up the conveyor but can't move far left enough to avoid the first buzzsaw.

Twig

Banned
I don't know what to say man because that is exactly how I did it. On a 360 pad. Meat Boy (and Bandage Girl) have a tendency to stick to walls for a bit, but they should still eventually unstick if you move away from the wall for a short period of time.

Ben2749 said:
Team Meat have announced on Twitter that Super Meat Boy is going to be on the XBLA Christmas sale for 800 points, starting on the 21st. So now people have even less of a reason to bitch about the 1200 point price tag. You've been given enough chances.

Great news. Loved the trial version and I will definitely pick this up.

fubarduck

Twig said:
I don't know what to say man because that is exactly how I did it. On a 360 pad. Meat Boy (and Bandage Girl) have a tendency to stick to walls for a bit, but they should still eventually unstick if you move away from the wall for a short period of time.

Holy crap, I really did discover a glitch! I moved my save to a memory card and tried it on a Slim 360 and I can move away from the conveyor normally. If I try it on my Jasper revision 360, Bandage Girl stays stuck to the conveyor belt no matter what.

So, to anyone who can't clear 7-9x on XBLA, try playing through it on a different 360.

Edit: Completed 7-9x in about 20 tries on my Slim 360 . . . Died 300+ times on my Jasper 360 wondering why I couldn't dodge the first buzzsaw. lol

Beezy

Ben2749 said:
We need a thread title change again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nabs said:
There will also be a Steam sale
And you said it wouldn't go on sale on Steam, I HOLD IT AGAINST YOU :mad:

Team Meat Twitter said:
@therealkijib we will be doing an xmas deal on both steam and xbla but im not aware of any potato bundle.
11:38 PM Dec 17th via web in reply to therealkijib
This tweet seals the deal, a seperate Super Meat Boy sale (outside of the Potato bundle) on steam is an instapurchase. I feel like I've waited too long to get in on this.

Has Team Meat talked about adding more characters via updates/patches?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I hate the eye laser things in Hell.

*goes back to suffering*

Also, is it just me, or were the default controls before the first or second PC patch something like F/D for run and jump?

Helmholtz

Just got Ogmo, seems like he'll be a useful character for getting bandages. He'll at least keep me happy until I eventually unlock the kid (still can't quite finish that first section, got to the second last jump though!)

UrbanRats

Damn, i just found out, that Amazon uk won't ship the madcatz rockband pad over here(Italy) cause it's not fulfilled by them directly.
Amazon.it doesn't have it at all. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nilbog21 said:
hm.... 3 75 gona have to get this..

I'm trying, steam seems down or really slow or something, I can't buy it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
got it x2

gifted it to someone, best game of the year!

Apo

I tried to play SMB on my netbook (Intel Atom N270, 1GB, Intel GMA 945GM, WinXP; connected with a 22" 16:10 screen) but it crashes on startup with the following message:

Code:
AppName: supermeatboy.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: supermeatboy.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 000699f3

Does somebody know a solution? The SMB-site suggests to force windowed mode but the problem remains.

Top Bottom