• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Minamu

Apo said:
I have the same problem and it seems a few others as well. Follow the link and try those suggestions. Maybe you're lucky and the game will run. For me the problem remains.
Thanks, yeah I got a new (?) version of directx and verified my files and now it works. Hard as hell :lol Strangely enough, I did these steps last month on the sme computer. Weird.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am in your leaderboards, taking your ranks :D

I looooove this game <3
Thank you steam sale, thank you.

Isnt the 360 version supposed to go on sale too? I just hate to play a platformer on the computer. Also is there a way to just add the amount of money in the XBLA marketplace? Kinda broke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheExecutive said:
Isnt the 360 version supposed to go on sale too? I just hate to play a platformer on the computer. Also is there a way to just add the amount of money in the XBLA marketplace? Kinda broke.
It's on sale as of tomorrow for 800pts I believe.

Volcynika

TheExecutive said:

I think it's on sale for 10 dollars or something soon.

Volcynika

red shoe paul said:
Someone gift this to me, I played it at a friends and liked it.

Why can't you buy it yourself, seeing as how you're asking (well, more telling) someone to gift it to you. Very rude! And you offer zero payback in that post. Sad.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Boney said:
Bought... now awaiting the Mac version.
Is that speculation or have they talked about a Mac version? A game like this I'd prefer to avoid the inconvenience of having to boot into a different partition whenever I want to play.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just bought it on Steam and I don't even have a windows machine that I can install it on :lol

Oh well, I wanted to support them more than my XBLA purchase and I should get a new PC in the next few months.

EDIT:
Volcynika said:
http://twitter.com//SuperMeatBoy

"Also mac users, if you buy this version you will get the mac version for free when it released early next year."

Well that just made my awesome purchase even better!! :D :D

Boney

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Is that speculation or have they talked about a Mac version? A game like this I'd prefer to avoid the inconvenience of having to boot into a different partition whenever I want to play.
That's what my fellow gaffers told me.

UrbanRats said:
The game should be "STEAM play" it means that, when the mac version get realesed, you have that too, automatically.

Lyphen said:
It'll be Steam Play (Mac+PC), so buying it would be a decent investment.

http://supermeatboy.com/63/I_just_pre_ordered___in_my_pants/#b

edit:
Volcynika said:
http://twitter.com//SuperMeatBoy

"Also mac users, if you buy this version you will get the mac version for free when it released early next year."
And that :lol

Nessus

Bought it again on Steam.

My 360s been dead for about a month now (hopefully getting it back from MS in a day or two!), so I've been missing SMB. Great for short play sessions. Do one or 2 levels before bed.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Okay, I enjoy this game more with my own music going instead of the game's, and turning down the SFX to 30.

_Bro

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Is it a wireless controller? Are you using the analog stick? (I've heard it's preferable to the D-pad for this game).
Wired. Turns out my problem was that I just wasn't that good. Blew threw the second boss after I got my hands under control.

Mastering running while in the air is key to success. It's easy to just HOLD the button but to let go and then press again for perfect landings is fucking insane.

Love this game. (Fuck hell)

_Bro

Banned
Borderline double posting just to say how perfect of game this is to play while you shit. Simple enough to do while frustrating enough to make you push. And then you just sit there all comfortable with your pants on the ground as you fly into salt.

God damn - put this game on a handheld and let me shit without wires.

_Bro said:
Borderline double posting just to say how perfect of game this is to play while you shit. Simple enough to do while frustrating enough to make you push. And then you just sit there all comfortable with your pants on the ground as you fly into salt.

Dude. I think you might break something.

Red

_Bro said:

Oh my god, Super Meat Boy DS would be incredible. I've never thought about it before, but now it is my #1 dream game.

brb

Missed this for the pre-order sale and was tempted to get it at full price afterwards. Good thing I waited for the Steam holiday sale! $3.75 is so delicious~

Now if only this can come out on Wii sometime soon so I can play it on my TV and with Wii controls

Volcynika

Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Two tweets from the Super Meat Boy people.

i can understand you being upset we werent made aware of this sale till a few days ago dont worry you will be getting tons of free shit soon

then

Big announcement this week about the level editor, portal and future of Super Meat Boy! it will make many happy!

Poyunch

Got it as a gift but I feel bad for my friend since he had to pay so much now that it's only 3.75. :lol

Such an awesome deal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Boney said:
I thought they were hell bent at not making a sequel. Wonder what this means..
Probably means more content being patched into the game. Those tweets don't even sound like they're talking about a sequel.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lion Heart said:
How bad is this on a keyboard? I could get the sixaxis driver I suppose but I'd like to know how it is with kb first.

I tried it, and this is partially to blame on the game running slow on my laptop, but it's not great. They pretty much start the game with an image of a 360 controller, it seem damn near impossible to pull of the precision wall jumps and movement with the arrow keys and spacebar. Plus, as far as I can tell, they don't let you configure the controls. VVVVVV was acceptable on a keyboard, but I don't think SMBoy will be.

I might try the Motion Joy thing, but I doubt I'm wizard enough to make it work.

Just messaged Team Meat on Twitter to ask them if the announcement this week has anything to do with the Mac version coming down the pipe. The response.

Team Meat via Twitter said:
@smazany the announcement pertains to mac but not exclusive to it

Fuck yeah!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I would buy this on PC but my 360 controller wireless adapter just died :( I should probably buy it on console anyway...

Platy

to answer my own question .... got on steam and the levels were everything fine when adjusted to right resolution .... ...but the sparkle efect of the saws made it insanely laggy and a little buggy =/

Still managed to beat 1-3 on dark world and at least the first 10 levels on keyboard xD

Top Bottom