• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

fresquito

So last night I played this with my fightstick for the first time. It was awesome. That said, I don't really understand why I can't set my buttons! So many "play with a game pad" messages for so little control configuration.

Nabs

fresquito said:
So last night I played this with my fightstick for the first time. It was awesome. That said, I don't really understand why I can't set my buttons! So many "play with a game pad" messages for so little control configuration.
there's a config file in the folder, try that

Keikoku said:
Still not patched on XBLA ? Have we been Castle Crash'd ?
That is not up to them you know that right?
Once it had been submitted team meat can't do anything about it, was the same for castle crashers.
The patch was finished 2 weeks later but MS took 4 months to approve it.

Lumine

I've been playing this recently... I hate it! Well, I don't hate it as much as I love it, but never has a game managed to frustrate me like this before. I'm currently in world 4, hell, but some of these levels... :mad:

52club

Noisepurge said:
i can not finish 6-5 Omega for the DEATH OF MEat...

Me too, there are so many death traps I keep on getting caught by at least once before I can get to the final set of saws. I've probably tried about 200 times.

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck yes!

47e904a0091a138811afa7ed0fdf2b1b.jpg

FerranMG

Keikoku said:
Still not patched on XBLA ? Have we been Castle Crash'd ?

Back when the game was released, I remember thinking about putting it aside until the patch was up, because I didn't want to lose any progress because of a bug.

Man, so glad I didn't do it! Didn't have one single problem with the game, and I'd have hated myself for not having played such a great game before.

Russian box-art contest winner:

Победитель конкурса на лучший арт для российской обложки Super Meat Boy определён!

ArtSuperMeatBoy(1).png

http://buka.ru/cgi-bin/show_more.pl?option=Show_news&id=1959

Any word on a 360 patch coming? once I know that I can progress hard to near impossible stages without losing them via broken auto save i'll return and complete meat boy.

I got a popup about finishing updating. What is it?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the tweet. Path for fixes and ULTRALOW settings for shitty pcs.

TheOGB

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
I got a popup about finishing updating. What is it?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the tweet. Path for fixes and ULTRALOW settings for shitty pcs.
EDIT: Oh, is that it? Damn. I thought it'd be the level editor. :/

Kreed

Finally made it to 200% on the 360 version (101 bandages so 203% or something). Total deaths 14929. Thankfully the only glitches I ran into were the percentage and score glitches. I never want to play through those Dark World stages ever again.

MoFuzz

Whelp, some 10,000 deaths later, I have every single bandage, every single hidden character, every level completed with an A+ rank including all glitch worlds, and warp zones.

I just want it to be known that I think permanent damage was done to my thumbs from the Kid's levels. Fuckin' little punk.

Oh and:

fuyeah.jpg

GOTY 2010.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Unlocked The Kid. I can now die a happy man.

I want this on my tombstone: "Here lies Lost Fragment. Unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy. Holy fuck."

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
HadesGigas said:
How to impress chicks. Tell them you pirate video games. If that doesn't work, tell them you beta test video games!

http://pastebin.com/7yn6pZ9V

I don't think he's lying. The site he pastes in the log actually exists, but the specific URL he lists doesn't. Looks like some kind of like...I dunno...Nigerian ripoff to spread malware or something so I'm not gonna actually download it to see, but yeah, dude was probably telling the truth.

Helmholtz

eek5 said:
both tommy and his sister come across as jerks
Ya...pretty embarrassing for them.

Anyway, game is great, finally beat
Dr. Fetus final boss level
. Cotton Valley seems pretty tough, amazing music on it though!

Nicktals

Banned
100% completed this game on 360 a couple weeks ago. Kind of want a reason to go back. Add me (GT is Nicktals) if you love this game so I can have some friends to do time competitions with.

If not I'll just wait until new internets chapters.

blanky

I fucking hate 6-5 omega, it's just unfair. I was doing fine until that one, it's like I hit a roadblock. I think i got to the final part 4/5 times maybe in the 2 or so hours i was playing that level. :|

steveovig

InfectedZero said:
Posted this in the pickup thread but thought I would share it with fellow fans :). Printed out today. Thank you payday.
001-6.jpg

This is totally off-topic but where'd you get the Air Man theme? Is that on XBL and I missed it?

protonion

Got the game today. It is as good as everyone says!

Just a few minutes ago I was playing the first dark world level 14 (I think), trying to get the bandage. When I got it and finished the level the game behaved like it glitched (messed up letters,weird sounds) and it send me to another level like the one in the first portal. Is this normal? I had 3 lives and failed... Can I get to it again somehow?

An-Det

protonion said:
Got the game today. It is as good as everyone says!

Just a few minutes ago I was playing the first dark world level 14 (I think), trying to get the bandage. When I got it and finished the level the game behaved like it glitched (messed up letters,weird sounds) and it send me to another level like the one in the first portal. Is this normal? I had 3 lives and failed... Can I get to it again somehow?

That is normal, and occur throughout the game. A portal should have opened up next to the level that unlocked the warp zone, and you can try it as many times as you want (although the 3-life limit means you may have to fully restart more often than normal).

Nabs

The first block of the world map should have opened up for you. You can go back as many times as you'd like

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Nabs said:
The first block of the world map should have opened up for you. You can go back as many times as you'd like

First block of the world map in the light world. Glitch levels don't appear on the dark world map. That got me worried the first time too.

rezuth

HadesGigas said:
How to impress chicks. Tell them you pirate video games. If that doesn't work, tell them you beta test video games!

http://pastebin.com/7yn6pZ9V
Kinda makes me regret supporting this douchebag. Just block the guy and move on, no need to be a bitch about it publicly. Worst part is that he made it public like he thinks he acted right.

Top Bottom