• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

_Bro

Banned
Guy get's caught pirating, gets told off and made fun of but doesn't suffer any legal punishment, GAF complains.

treyarch +1

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Someone click here and tell me if it doesn't load, because it seems like I'm the only one that can actually see that post.

It looks to me like the guy followed a shady link that was posted on Reddit by some dude looking to make a quick buck by tricking people into filling out surveys, he was just naive enough to...

And this is the part of the post where I went back to check things more thoroughly in case I missed something, and yeah, I guess I did. The site promises a key generator for filling out surveys, which doesn't really make sense either way because SMB doesn't use that kind of DRM as far as I know, but maybe I'm wrong. Before I looked at it more closely, I was thinking that the download was gonna be a rip of the flash game or some kind of hastily produced knockoff. I guess the guy might've done some quick googling and pulled that URL out of the hat to make it look like he didn't pirate the game. Or something.

I can definitely see why they think the dude pirated the game, and if so, he deserves all the crap he gets. I paid full price for the game and feel like I should've paid more because the game's one of the best platformers I've ever played.

So yeah, my bad.

UrbanRats

update from the site:
-The title update for Xbla has been uploaded, it fixes a ton of issues with the xbla version of the game including the save bug.

-The Pc version has been updated with an ultra low detail setting for people who probably still own beepers, and other minor fixes.

-The level editor and portal for the pc version of the game is almost finished and should be up "once its done".

-The level portal will launch with over 100 user made levels.

-There are tons of chapter packs coming to xbla soon, many by other devs like Gaijin games , The Creator of IWBTG! and Team Meat (that's us!)

-The Mac version is coming after the editor is out.

-We have secured Pc retail deals in Russia, North America and 2 other countries, more on that later...
Also, some cool tshirts:

http://supermeatboy.com/

Grisby

I know its probably not a big deal but I finally beat the light world today! Cotton Alley is up next and then all of the dark world.

Great game. I really only found the last two stages omega and boss fetus to be the hardest so far, requiring the most do overs.

UrbanRats

Grisby said:
I know its probably not a big deal but I finally beat the light world today! Cotton Alley is up next and then all of the dark world.

Great game. I really only found the last two stages omega and boss fetus to be the hardest so far, requiring the most do overs.
I'm pretty slow (i don't have too much time to play also.. but i'm not that good in general, :lol).
The other day i did A+ on all the light worlds minus the warpzones/glitch/cotton alley and now i'm doing the dark worlds.

rezuth

_Bro said:
Guy get's caught pirating, gets told off and made fun of but doesn't suffer any legal punishment, GAF complains.

treyarch +1
Shouldn't he know how long the levels are if he pirated the software?

Twig

Banned
rezuth said:
Shouldn't he know how long the levels are if he pirated the software?
When someone gets caught in a lie, it unravels as they get all flustered and start to panic.

You're accusing this poor man of being an expert liar. That's kind of dick. You should apologize.

Glad the Mac version will be worked on soon. Played the 360's and bought the Steam version but I don't like boot camp. Nice to play it properly again soon.

Def Jukie

DSCN1881.jpg

Put me in the club GAF. Currently ranked number 351 on Xbox Live.

Did anyone else get the 100% achievement before they actually completed the game? I still had 4 levels to go in the Cotton Alley dark world when it unlocked. Sort of made the last few levels anticlimactic after I finished them. Oh well.

Anyway this game was phenomenal. This is for sure my favorite digital download game of all time and maybe even one of my all time favorite games ever. Very challenging but never unfair. It demands that you master the controls and finishing levels that look impossible is incredibly satisfying.

Now can I do it again on the Steam version that I've got sitting on my PC? Maybe later. I think I'm going to play something piss ass easy now to cleanse my pallet.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
MendicantBS said:
I think this is the right place to post this :)
SMB + RB3 ="Betus Blues (Retro Remix)"

They're going to release 3 songs on the Rock Band Network.

I should probably post that to the RB DLC thread as well.

But yea. That, "Battle of Lil' Slugger", and "Can o' Salt". All remixed, Can o' Salt may be mixed with Rocket Rider depending on how Danny wants to do that.

Everyone's already whining at me that I'm not doing Hot Damned/Devil n' Bass. :D

Nicktals

Banned
Imperial Hot said:
My girlfriend made me this AMAZING Super Meat Boy card for Valentine's Day!

I'm so proud of it and her that I had to post it one here.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/smazany/front.jpg[/IMG]

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/smazany/inside.jpg[/IMG]

awesome.

EDIT: Also, I only have 307 levels beat (on 360). How do some people have 310 and 313...am I missing something?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nicktals said:
awesome. all i got was sex =(

EDIT: Also, I only have 307 levels beat (on 360). How do some people have 310 and 313...am I missing something?

possibly the glitch levels?

I'm not quite at 100% but I'm up to dark world dr fetus with a few locked levels and some bandages to go. Damnit, it's getting wicked hard. I completely gave up on using meatboy for everything a while ago, if the ability fits, I'm taking another character, it's slightly easier that way.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I wish there were cheat codes or something so I could unlock Captain V from VVVVVV. The game is awesome but I simply don't have what it takes to unlock 90 fuckin bandages. That shit is hardcore. At least I have the guy from Bit Trip (or whatever it's called), he's pretty sweet.

Anyways, I'm back in business with the PC version after not being able to play this when my 360 died. It plays very nicely with a dualshock controller. Hopefully I can actually finish the game this time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Atomski said:
Pretty sure using a keyboard would quadruple the difficulty for me.
The keyboard is theoretically a better device for this kind of game...it's just intuitive whatsoever. I couldn't get wall jumps down at all with the keyboard.

smurfx

get some go again
i gave in and got the 360 version. wish the pc version worked for me but i could never get it to going. oh well the devs deserve the extra cash i guess.

This game looks like a lot of fun. I'm interested in playing it, but I've also had my eye on Braid for awhile...can't decide which one to go with first.

smurfx

get some go again
well super meat boy is pretty damn fun and challenging. can't speak for braid since i haven't played it but if you want a real challenge try smb.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
smurfx said:
well super meat boy is pretty damn fun and challenging. can't speak for braid since i haven't played it but if you want a real challenge try smb.

Braid is more of a puzzler, more of an intellectual challenge. I think it's easier on the whole, but grasping its mechanics can be a lot tougher. Meat Boy is just run, jump, don't die.

SMB gives you way more value for your money. Braid isn't going to last you more than 4 or 5 hours unless you're terrible at solving puzzles.

Helmholtz

SenseiJinx said:
This game looks like a lot of fun. I'm interested in playing it, but I've also had my eye on Braid for awhile...can't decide which one to go with first.
They're both amazing, amazing games. However, like a previous poster said, SMB has more value as it lasts way longer. There's a lot more to do in it. That's not to say Braid isn't an amazing experience, it is, but if you had to buy one that's going to keep you busy for a while go with SMB. I'd recommend getting both at some point though.

Damn, I started up SMB for the first time since the previous DLC levels were released as the Team Meat site says that there should be 40 more up by now. And while there is a patch that allegedly fixes the leaderboards (I noticed a level where the top two times were 2.00 seconds, which is literally not possible), there aren't any new levels.

Team Meat lied to me. :-(

I just got this game. It's really great. Simple but polished, and more importantly, a perfect level of difficulty.

Thanks for the recommendation on this one, GAF. I would have totally passed it up otherwise.

Top Bottom