• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Tsukumo

Other stuff, still to consider unconfirmed since there's no scan, related from more than one user on 2chan:

SP now work in a similar way to OE and NEO: you get half of the total points at the start, then you regain 5 at each turn. the SP+ skill seems to affect the amount of SP regenerated and affects both units in the team. Kind of explains why one of the tag commands lets you select a +15 SP gain.
- different routes and secret units are confirmed.
- you can set a specific tune for Maximum Break, though it's unclear if it's shared by all units or you can set it for each one.
- first dlc is free. The others go for 100-150 and give you two parts each upon completion. They get unlocked during the course of the game, like it happened for OE and Alpha 3.

Tsukumo

Ok, the official site just uploaded a twitter where they say both versions of the game (PS3 and Vita) have the custom soundtrack option.

edit: Famitsu officially apologized for the mistake (claiming only the PS3 version had the custom ost option). They just posted the news claiming it was an error on their part, and that both consoles share the same feature. What a twist! XD

Same here, Reishiki.

Apparently Z1 and Z2 worlds are merged into one for Z3.

Also, heres the first four stages, spoilers of course.
Translated summaries of the first four stages courtesy of /m/

Stage 1 - The Hope Called Taboo.
After a new dimensional quake, the New Century Dimensional Quake, the worlds of UCW and ADW along with other parallel universes merged into one.
The people accepted the change and lived their lives in tranquility. One day a dimensional quake occurred in the vicinity of Jindai(?) High School of 2nd Neo Tokyo and a mysterious robot appeared.
At the same time Hibiki also appeared as if out of nowhere, got in the robot and decided to protect the town.

Stage 2 - A New Problem Boy Has Arrived

The day after the attack of the mysterious robot a transfer student called Sagara Sousuke arrives at Jindai High School.
Doubting each others backgrounds Hibiki and Sousuke clash. However, their battle is interrupted by a terrorist attack.
Among the terrorists the secretive group form ADW, the Firebugs, could also be seen.

Stage 3 - An Entrusted Back

Finding fighting as well as keeping his background a secret difficult Hibiki joins with SMS and Mythril.
After that, in order to improve the coordination between mixed forces the team leader Ozma decides to train them in teams of two. (<- Tag introduction?)
What is Ozma's plan when launching with teams showing low efficiency?

Stage 4 - Academy City Defense Corps

In order to back-up Sousuke the SMS and Mazinger Teams transfer to Jindai High.
Not only that,the grade schoolers Shotaro and Watta join in and together they form Academy City Defense Corps.
However, right after Kouji transfers in Count Brocken appears to attack.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't remember anything about the z1 world, but then why are all the z1 entries missing?

More evidence z3-2 will have Eureka AO since it's the same world. Also works for Aquarion Evol.

CorvoSol

|[Silent Brooding Intensifies]
|Now with 4x Brooding Pilots!
|The Version With[out] Hello Kitty
|Maybe they'll Actually Finish Gurren Lagann This Time
|Shamelessly Skipping ZZ Gundam
|The Only Sequel Shin Mazinger Z is Ever Getting
|The Only Place with 2D Mecha Left
|When's Mechvel?

Tsukumo

Yay! The scans finally surfaced. Is it okay if I post the name of the site without any proper link, or that's also ban-worthy?
I'll post some highlight later of Terada's interview later.

In other news, the official blog published a detailed description of the edit bgm function:
- you can't change the map music, the intermission music, or the events music.
- you can't change bmg for each weapon. Also some of the weapons have pre-set bgms which can't be modified (like Trans-am in Z2). People on 2chan assumed this means basically not being able to change Basara's bgms.
- the site also reported the specific specs required for each file to work.

Loona

That's probably way too long, lol.

SRW Z3-1 |OT| Simon, believe in Shinji, who believes in Noriko!

?

Or a briefer way to reference old and newer mecha Gainax:

|OT| Super Inazuma Drill Breaker!

Probably no such attack in the game though, so I'd rather play with dialog.

Bebpo

Banned
So Dark Prison DLC for 2nd OGs was supposed to come out standalone by 3/31/14, but on April 1st, the site updated the digital release to "spring"

Wonder what the hold up is in getting it out. I'd like to play it after Z3-1 to make the waiting for Z3-2 more bearable!

There's a CM running for the game on the Yamamote line. I'll try to take a video of it. Haven't been to Akihabara yet, but will be there for the launch on Thursday.

apparently the Vita version has intermission dialogue through windows (instead of the half-body in the PS3 version) and is lacking the custom soundtrack feature.

Looks like wishful thinking on someone's part about the intermission dialog. This nico stream of the PS3 version is also just windows with character portraits.

CorvoSol

Ami Ami just asked me to pay up so there's that.

I do have a question, though. The DL Code for the HD remake of SRW1. How am I going to use that if my account is US?

kiun

paid my Vita version as well, hype ! Is it wrong of me to be more excited about the original SRW hd release ? I remember playing the shit out of it a decade plus ago.

Bebpo

Banned
paid my Vita version as well, hype ! Is it wrong of me to be more excited about the original SRW hd release ? I remember playing the shit out of it a decade plus ago.

I'm looking forward to playing it for the first time. Looks fun! :) Plus it has some stuff you don't see in SRW much like F91 Gundam.

What are some general tips when upgrading Pilots/Units? Was never sure if I was doing it efficiently or not. Do I dump all my resources to level 1 unit at a time or do I spread it out? Specifically, I'm playing OG2nd.

Shouta

What their preferred defensive stat or attack is my usual method of upgrading, if I go all in. If I'm focusing on a single unit, I usually upgrade evenly though. So dodgy ones get evasion, tanky gets armor and maybe some HP.

What their preferred defensive stat or attack is my usual method of upgrading, if I go all in. If I'm focusing on a single unit, I usually upgrade evenly though. So dodgy ones get evasion, tanky gets armor and maybe some HP.
That's sort of my approach with certain units. Thanks!

Upgrade weapon damage, always weapon damage, MAX WEAPON DAMAGE FOR EVERYONE. Well if you want to use that unit anyway. The rest of the stats vary unit by unit, like does it have enough energy to keep spamming attacks or can it survive getting attacked 10 times in a single phase?

Bebpo

Banned
Upgrade weapon damage, always weapon damage, MAX WEAPON DAMAGE FOR EVERYONE. Well if you want to use that unit anyway. The rest of the stats vary unit by unit, like does it have enough energy to keep spamming attacks or can it survive getting attacked 10 times in a single phase?

Yeah, you can make up for the other stats with SP and SP is plentiful in most modern SRW games. EN can be helpful though if the unit always is running out and needing refueling.

zeroshiki

I try to get the full customization bonuses early. Maxing weapons take too much money.

Most SRW games are broken anyway so there's no "right" way to do things since they mostly don't matter.

Pretty much
1. weapon damage
2. super EN
3. real mobility if needed, usually not
4. continuous action/super repair/other skills that let you break later games

muteki

Playing Z3.1 and the remake of SRW right now and had some more general system-level questions that I don't think are specific to one game or the other:

-What determines the ability for a given unit to attack or not in a given turn? Sometimes I will move a unit into what I feel is attack range, and the only option I will have is to wait.

-When attacking and the various commands are displayed, what factors make some attacks possible, and some attacks not (grayed out)?
-Range?
-Previous actions (unit movement)?
-Some kind of "Action Points" or "MP" type statistic?
-Unit configuration (waverider/gfortress/etc)
-something else I'm missing?

I find myself going into attack and often I want to pick the most powerful option but it is not selectable. Would like to figure out why so I can plan ahead better.

Also, anyone that could point me to a general SRW FAQ for things of this nature I could go figure things out for myself. Most I have read don't address things like this though and assume you know the basic rules already. I haven't played any of them seriously before and this is the first time I have anywhere near the language comprehension to enjoy them.

Playing Z3.1 and the remake of SRW right now and had some more general system-level questions that I don't think are specific to one game or the other:

-What determines the ability for a given unit to attack or not in a given turn? Sometimes I will move a unit into what I feel is attack range, and the only option I will have is to wait.

Look at the attack menu. Attacks with a 'P' in the status bar have Post-movement status, which means they can be used after moving. Units without cannot move, then fire.

(Also in more recent games if you select an attack you cannot use they'll bring up a status box with the reasons you can't use it highlighted in red.)

Also, anyone that could point me to a general SRW FAQ for things of this nature I could go figure things out for myself. Most I have read don't address things like this though and assume you know the basic rules already. I haven't played any of them seriously before and this is the first time I have anywhere near the language comprehension to enjoy them.

Akurasu Wiki has translations for all the menus and most of the important gameplay stuff. Others you learn over time as you play more.

muteki

Look at the attack menu. Attacks with a 'P' in the status bar have Post-movement status, which means they can be used after moving. Units without cannot move, then fire.

(Also in more recent games if you select an attack you cannot use they'll bring up a status box with the reasons you can't use it highlighted in red.)

Akurasu Wiki has translations for all the menus and most of the important gameplay stuff. Others you learn over time as you play more.

Thanks, I was wondering what the (P) designation was.

I have looked around there and while menu translations are nice, that is the least of my problems. Need more help w/ basic game mechanics, which I haven't found a good resource for yet.

muteki

most of Z3 mechanics are explained in the first page of the OT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106853324&postcount=1
There's also a list of useful links to check out.

Thanks.

Anywhere I might find a quick overview of what each statistic is (EN/PP/SP/Etc), what they are used for, and how they are replenished?

Edit: the (P) designation explained half of my problems, and I didn't try selecting an unusable attack and I see now why some aren't selectable. Just need to figure out why some of my statistics aren't high enough for some attacks.

Bamco's amazing mastery of planning: I just noticed on the store that Dark Prison had (kind of stealthily) released this week. Now that everyone is playing Z3 lol.

Jubern

Yeah, even the official SRW Team Twitter account barely talked about it, it's ridiculous.

Not buying it anyway, what little hype I had for this totally deflated after release and it's too expensive IMO.

Top Bottom