• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
SWEEET. TRAILER FOR SUPER HERO GENERATIONS IS OUT!

http://youtu.be/-ydFwHWWPLo

Ok yeah, its not technically SRW, but it at least has Gundam in it. And you have to admit, this does definitely look better than Masou Kiishin F.

For those who haven't played a Generations game (the Gundam Generations games), if you didn't like the recent trend in SRW where they just send a huge barrage of enemies after you, then do yourself a favor, just stay away from this game (at least til one of us plays it to confirm) Generations games are really bad in that dept.

Ok so am I the only one that thinks its weird/hilarious that only the Gundams actually have eyes in this game, if you ignore Ultra Seven. Not to mention that it just looks really weird when the designs aren't SD.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so am I the only one that thinks its weird/hilarious that only the Gundams actually have eyes in this game, if you ignore Ultra Seven. Not to mention that it just looks really weird when the designs aren't SD.

Yeah, that's weirding me out too.

Also, currently debating this with some friends- don't really know what to call this design style. Its not SD, but its not necessarily full-sized either.

Nope. I also find it creepy, but it's probably the only way they can make it less weird having robots next to living creatures. I'm assuming the Gundams don't have pilots, but are "living" robots. Kinda like the SD Gundam cartoons.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. I also find it creepy, but it's probably the only way they can make it less weird having robots next to living creatures. I'm assuming the Gundams don't have pilots, but are "living" robots. Kinda like the SD Gundam cartoons.

Possibly. There's a screenshot of Gundam Unicorn "talking", as opposed to it's pilot talking.

Teknoman

Ok yeah, its not technically SRW, but it at least has Gundam in it. And you have to admit, this does definitely look better than Masou Kiishin F.

For those who haven't played a Generations game (the Gundam Generations games), if you didn't like the recent trend in SRW where they just send a huge barrage of enemies after you, then do yourself a favor, just stay away from this game (at least til one of us plays it to confirm) Generations games are really bad in that dept.

Oh snap this is actually a thing?! I've been thinking about how cool a sentai hero srpg would be in the style of SRT.

Keylow415

the game looks cool and all but as a big fan of the G gen Generation games i would rather have a new Gundam G gen game.

Teknoman

You guys were right about being familiar with the menu after playing another game. Messing around in OG 2nd right now, and I seem to know some of the spirit abilities/how to move and attack right off the bat (same menu placement yay!) But i'm still kinda sad I dunno whats going on lol.

Also I think I need to print out some of the in depth menu translations just to be safe. At any rate, game is beautiful in action.

You guys were right about being familiar with the menu after playing another game. Messing around in OG 2nd right now, and I seem to know some of the spirit abilities/how to move and attack right off the bat (same menu placement yay!) But i'm still kinda sad I dunno whats going on lol.

Also I think I need to print out some of the in depth menu translations just to be safe. At any rate, game is beautiful in action.

There's some subbed episodes on this guy's channel. There's not much but it helps enjoy the moonspeak.

Keylow415

go here for all your srw translations needs http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/OG2nd

For the 2 and a half people who still care, exophase has the trophies for Coffin of the End. They look like the usual fare, the structure, names and icons kind of give away the routes I guess:
there's 2 trophies for finishing specific missions whose names sound final, one has a Granzon icon and the other a Cybuster icon. So I guess there's a Shu route and a Masaki route.

Will probably pick the game up for 10 bucks in 2 weeks.

Edit to make up for my laziness, here's the URL: http://www.exophase.com/game/&#1247...装機神f co/trophies/

Not sure how well this will parse.

Shouta

It's all repetition. you start remembering them and after awhile it becomes second nature.

Assuming it still works, I have a DLC code for Super Robot Wars HD (PS3/Vita) if anyone wants it. First to PM me gets it.

*edit* - Code is claimed.

CorvoSol

So I wanted to redo a mission in SRW OE for some EXP, but when I did it it set my levels down by 10? So no going back to grind in missions, then?

Kinda renders Masaki useless to me, because he showed up late and now he's like, level 4 when the main party is level 15 and he's got no means of gaining XP because his odds of hitting are all 0%.

Also sorta don't like how often I miss on a 70% in this game.

Speaking of their next game and in light of yesterday's pre-TGS conference, I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it PS3/4/V as upports to PS4 seem to be becoming a thing.

Not that I'd complain.

Speaking of their next game and in light of yesterday's pre-TGS conference, I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it PS3/4/V as upports to PS4 seem to be becoming a thing.

Not that I'd complain.

New OG game confirmed.

I wonder what everyone's reaction would be to a new SRW OG game that uses 3D but mimics 2D visuals like GGXrd does.

Well Masou Kishin games have already been doing this except they are sprites of pre-rendered 3D models. Instead of 3D models being rendered in real time and made to resemble 2D art style.

It could be great, it could be awful. It all depends on the execution, because they certainly half ass it with the MK stuff.

New OG game confirmed.

I wonder what everyone's reaction would be to a new SRW OG game that uses 3D but mimics 2D visuals like GGXrd does.
I'd love that but it would have to be done the right way.
Typically, as Lostconfused pointed out, I'd hate a CG like look as in Masoukishin. And I'd see as a regression "bare" 3D (ie pretty much every SRW with 3D units so far).

Still, if they pulled a cell shaded SRW, it could be glorious. Guilty Gear Xrd, the Naruto games or Tales of Vesperia have really nailed the "real time anime in 3D" look.

I don't know how resource intensive this would be though. Then again, drawing and animating that shitload of sprites must be awful too.

07./00. [PS3] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin F - Coffin of the End # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.08.28} (¥7.690) - 28.807 / NEW

Time to start digging, this hole isn't 6 feet deep just yet.

This was absolutely expected. On the bright side, it will be very cheap very soon.

And hey, they might consider a Vita version to recoup their losses.

Teknoman

One more import question. Z3 on the Vita is region free right? I shouldnt have to have a JP PSN account to play the physical version?

Is Coffin of the End (PS3) hanging on to resale value in Japan? I haven't seen a price drop anwywhere online yet (Amazon US, ebay, AmiAmi, Play Asia, etc.).

Bebpo

Banned
So there's nothing SRW announced atm, right?

Wonder if we'll have to wait until December to get that Z3-2 announcement for April 2015 release or if there'll be something between now and then.

Or maybe we get the surprise announcement of 3rd OGs for April 2015 and Z3-2 gets 2 full years of development for April 2016 ;)

So there's nothing SRW announced atm, right?

Wonder if we'll have to wait until December to get that Z3-2 announcement for April 2015 release or if there'll be something between now and then.

Or maybe we get the surprise announcement of 3rd OGs for April 2015 and Z3-2 gets 2 full years of development for April 2016 ;)

Count on April for Z3.2. An OGS announcement would be good too but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Is it worth getting into Masou Kishin in the first place? The DS version of MK1 were pretty much identical to the SFC version so I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the sequels despite how terrible it was. Yet I have never heard anyone say anything remotely positive about any of the rest of the games.

So where does one really start with Masou Kishin anyway? I played through OGs 2nd, so I kinda know of the Ex story.
The first MK contains 2 parts that kind of act as bookends to Masaki's story in the main series.
It's a SFC game that was ported on DS and PSP (including JP PSN). MK2 is PSP only, MK3 is PS3/Vita and MKF is PS3 only.

It basically goes like this:

MK1 part 1 > OGs > OG Gaiden > OGs 2 (with Dark Prison alongside) > MK1 part 2 > MK2 > MK3 > MKF

Is it worth getting into Masou Kishin in the first place? The DS version of MK1 were pretty much identical to the SFC version so I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the sequels despite how terrible it was. Yet I have never heard anyone say anything remotely positive about any of the rest of the games.
If you dig around the end of last year ITT, you'll see I liked MK3. It's not incredible but it's pretty solid if you're into that particular part of the OGverse.

cntr

Banned
Has non-Japanese stuff ever gotten in? Specifically, I'm thinking of Pacific Rim, which would work really well with SRW!

Top Bottom