• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
that happened with mk8. i had a copy delivering monday. i couldnt stand it so i dl the eshop version. Now i have an unopened mk8 and a dd version.

I have a boring cookout to go to tomorrow and want to play this... I'm really highly tempted... And also want to make my Gamestop co-workers jealous as well...

I can't stop laughing at the picture used for "For Glory Smash". Zero Suit Samus confirmed for no ribs.

Also, I was not prepared for the 1on1 icon being there. I thought it was going to be free for all or teams on For Glory mode, but there is a straight up 1 on 1 option.

I've been doing nothing but listening to the music for the past 30 minutes though. The soundtrack is just....incredible. Rainbow Road Series Medley, take me away!

Anybody check what Luigi's third alternate color is? The scans only showed is base colors again, and I'm reeeally curious as to what it is if it was an error.

emb

Actual srs business tier list:

1. Ridley
2. All the normal size people
3. Kirby and Olimar for being too small.

Resilient

Can anybody help me purchase this off the Japanese eShop? I can't register for Club Nintendo because I don't have an address to use :(

PKrockin

I demand tier lists, pronto

You're going to have to wait a few months into the Wii U version's release for that.

Unless you just mean someone's opinion on who the best characters are.

Tier lists are a little more than IKE DA BESS CAUSE HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS AND HITS DA PEOPLE FAR

PKrockin

Why is the names displayed in Latin letters instead of Japanese?
Because Japanese people can read English somewhat, and it's cooler than just having them all in katakana.

Edit: lol, this is the last thread I ever would have expected to double post in. My bad

emb

You're going to have to wait a few months into the Wii U version's release for that.

Unless you just mean someone's opinion on who the best characters are.

Tier lists are a little more than IKE DA BESS CAUSE HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS AND HITS DA PEOPLE FAR
Indeed. Tier lists are ridiculously hard to make, at least without data from the community over a fairly long period of time.

But no harm in listing out which characters people feel are stronger and which have more weaknesses. Just don't expect it to be an accurate picture of which characters are/aren't good.

emb

do tell how the D-Pad would be able to tell the difference between a tilt and smash attack
Brawl had Wiimote controls. It's a smash if you hit direction+a at the same time, tilt if you're holding the direction a little sooner than you press the button.

It works, though I don't prefer it at all.

Forkball

Ran through classic as Fox. 6.0 intensity with no continues and beat Master Core. Got Falco.

Trophies unlocked so far:

Rio (bugs from Metroid)
Riki from Xenoblade
Redead from Zelda
Satellite (?) Guardians from Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong riding a train with a bat parachute
Dosudosu from Kid Icarus
Flame Chain Chomp from Mario
Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western
Magna from Kid Icarus
Falcon Flyer from F Zero
Slipppy from Star Fox
Arwing from Star Fox
Octorok from Zelda (looks cool)

Can anybody help me purchase this off the Japanese eShop? I can't register for Club Nintendo because I don't have an address to use :(

You don't need a club nintendo account. You just need to make a Nintendo Network ID and an email address (if you already have a NNID for a different region you'll need a different email).

JoeInky

Ness is still awesome, but the lag on his dair and PK fire is pretty damn big.

Just connected to someone called Juan, HBOX?!?!?! lol

Revven

Who else is there?

I think today it's going to be GimR, Coney, Aposl, and probably a ton of people in the MD/VA area so maybe even someone like Chu or Chillin could come by. Sunday will be when D1, M2K, PB&J, and etc. will be there, I think.

Pics_nao

Please tell me Lucina is great and totes waifu tier guys. I need to prepare mentally for the next 3 weeks if she turns out to be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom