• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you people posting here?
Only the other thread is supposed to be posted in /s

The other thread seems kind of redundant, I didn't really understand why the POTD can't be discussed in the OT. Especially considering it barely gets discussed at all and the majority of the discussion is just about the games/series in general. i.e., exactly what the OT is for.

Has the "each 10 matches unlocks one character" theory been proved?

It worked for gema when he got ROB.

And I think someone else used that method to unlock Lucina.

Kouichi

I don't think it'll be useless, but when I did it at first I was like HOLY SHIT that delay!
I'm talking Mario F Air delay. Definitely gonna be something you use only when you have the guaranteed opportunity.

Ah so it's delayed like most meteor smash aerials huh? That's interesting. Who else had instant meteor aerials in past Smash games? Maybe this is the new standard.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
J3euW6I.gif

GO UNLOCK CUSTOM MOVES PEOPLE

The other thread seems kind of redundant, I didn't really understand why the POTD can't be discussed in the OT. Especially considering it barely gets discussed at all and the majority of the discussion is just about the games/series in general. i.e., exactly what the OT is for.

But this is a special uniqie case!

or something like that

munchie64

I was only joking. But this isn't a Wii U thread.

Golnei

Well the option for DLC is certainly there.

http://www.vooks.net/super-smash-br...patch-in-japan-adds-new-online-mode-conquest/

Apparently the patch adds a game mode.

....Really hope they don't let this go to waste...although I'm a bit disheartened by seeing all these cut veterans and possible newcomers like Dixie as trophies...

I don't think trophies already present in the game will necessarily count against the addition of those characters as part of DLC or updates. It'd be trivial to just rename trophies like that to Wolf (Command) or Dixie (Tropical Freeze) if they were to also become playable characters.

Though that's nowhere near a guarantee they'll show up, of course...

Okay don't know if it was like this in Brawl, but with Falco, if you're on the ground and do side special, you can't SD off the edge. You hit an invisible wall.

So how's the online looking? I know that all of the American and Europeans streaming the game are probably not going to have flawless connections with people in Japan, but I'm still curious.

zroid

Banned

The POTD can be discussed here, but this thread is for the 3DS version. Most future POTDs will probably be promoting the Wii U version. POTD thread will likely be closed once the Wii U game is released.

JoeInky

Yo, I just went to a timeout in for glory, a TIMEOUT in 2 stock 5 minutes.

It took me 3 and a half minutes to take the first stock off Palutena, she lives for fucking ever and it's so hard to edgeguard her.

Anth0ny

Quick Meta Knight impressions:

-MK's new sound effects SUCK. Makes all of his strikes sound super weak and non-threatening.

-MK's jab is the same as Brawl, but it has that finisher now. It's pretty useful since MK's jab is still super fast. It feels like jab -> finisher is a guaranteed combo at low percents.

-Fair seems identical to brawl in every way.

-Down tilt seems identical to brawl in every way.

-F tilt seems similar. Maybe a bit slower.

-Down air seems identical to brawl :)

-Down throw SUCKS. He steps on the opponent like 10 times and does like 4%. Really weird looking.

-His new UP really is a two hit Marth up b. Though I've managed to connect with the second hit and it sends the opponent flying decently far, it's nowhere near the Brawl shuttle loop knockback.

-Forward b seems the same, you can still drill to the ledge.

-Tornado seems to have a shorter duration, doesn't rise as high when you mash B, and does less damage. I don't know how easy it is to DI out of because level 9 CPUs don't DI.

More as I keep playing.

Forkball

There's a huge difference between 6.0 and 7.0 intensity. I recommend going to 6.0 if you want to practice Master Core without getting clobbered. Also unlocked the Doc.

New trophies:

Tikidori from Donkey Kong
CHROM
Varia Suit Samus (Samus deconfirmed)
Yoshi in Egg Kart
The Bug Chameleon guy from Animal Crossing
Timmy and Tommy Nook

JoeInky

8 wins, 3 losses on 1 on 1 for glory, 2 of the losses were Ness (why does he suck so much in this game).

Going to try out the 2 on 2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom