• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

I think today it's going to be GimR, Coney, Aposl, and probably a ton of people in the MD/VA area so maybe even someone like Chu or Chillin could come by. Sunday will be when D1, M2K, PB&J, and etc. will be there, I think.
GIMR did a really good job with the demo moveset showcases. I'll check it out.

So far Zero seems to be breaking everything down pretty well.

Resilient

You don't need a club nintendo account. You just need to make a Nintendo Network ID and an email address (if you already have a NNID for a different region you'll need a different email).

Could you direct me to how I would do this? :<

Stressing out, this is harder than I thought it would be..

Hahaha it looks like Meta Knight has no kill moves. Good, make him work for his KOs.

Also it looks like there is an option for a random customization? That sounds like it could be all kinds of fun - and possibly the only way I will have any interest in customization at all.

Golnei

She's no Ridley

Always someone bigger, after all.
pac_land_stage_super_smash_bros.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Almost glad I stopped maining him after Melee.

Isn't Falco high/top tier in Brawl?

Curious about custom moves for Marth/Lucina, Falcon, and ZSS, have we seen many details on those yet? Saw that Falcon video with his extended range punch and lightning kick(?) but that's it so far.

And whatever the heck Shulk's neutral special customs are.

Is "For Glory" stock or time based?

I'm pretty sure both "With Anyone" modes are time based, that was one of the complaints about it (along with it being FD only).

solomon

I wanna get hyped up for this game but I just can't KNOWING i cant use the dpad to control my character :( The control stick is HORRENDOUS. :(

Using a Dpad with smash is not a good idea, sorry its just that one game really built around using an analog. (If you can try and play smash brawl or melee on dolphin emulator and set the control to dpad and you will instantly feel limited)

FSLink

Banned
Smash is totally playable on D-Pad, just like Brawl Wiimote controls.
And by totally playable I mean it's awful.

I'm downloading now! :D 30%

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
For glory is 2 stock 5 minutes guys.

The lag is real god damn.

2 stocks 5 minutes is better than being timed matches. I wonder if they changed that after complaints (or maybe I'm just misremembering it being time only).

Lag is disappointing, this is going to be Brawl online 2.0.

emb

Yep. And I expect he'll still be good despite the nerf.

I've always felt D Air was a little too good even in Brawl, so the nerf seems suitable as long as it doesn't make the move useless.
Even though it was busted-good, I thought it was perfect in Melee. I'd like to see other characters get better, rather than see the characters get worse.

But I think Falco could still be good. Does he have lag on short hop lasers like Fox apparently did at e3?

Synless

Lag? Like brawl lag? Please no!! All my Smash playing friend are across the country and we were looking forward to playing this.

Dr. Buni

Smash is totally playable on D-Pad, just like Brawl Wiimote controls.
And by totally playable I mean it's awful.

I'm downloading now! :D 30%
Brawl Wii Remote controls weren't awful though.

Sad to hear the online sucks again. I don't have friends who play video games, so yeah...

DaBoss

Would be even better if it were 3 stocks but I'm happy we got that over another basic brawl.
Timer would run out if it was 3 stocks. And I doubt they want to make it 3 stocks 8 minutes.
Brawl Wii Remote controls weren't awful though.

Sad to hear the online sucks again. I don't have friends who play video games, so yeah...
It is awful. Very limited. I feel sorry for those who had to put up with it just Wiimote controls.

Online is being played in unoptimal conditions, though I imagine there will still be some noticeable lag when it comes westward.

Yep. And I expect he'll still be good despite the nerf.

I've always felt D Air was a little too good even in Brawl, so the nerf seems suitable as long as it doesn't make the move useless.

I don't think it'll be useless, but when I did it at first I was like HOLY SHIT that delay!
I'm talking Mario F Air delay. Definitely gonna be something you use only when you have the guaranteed opportunity.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Is this the import version everyone is playing or are people managing to get the US version super early?

Edit: nvm, it's looking like the Japanese version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom