• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

MK's up air is still fast but has a LOT of cool down. So you can't do rapid up airs anymore like you could in Brawl. I'd say in the time you could do 3 up airs in Brawl, you can only do 2 in Smash 4.

Down Smash is nerfed considerably. Hitting from the back or front sent my opponent flying at 100%+, not even close to killing. Most of my killing has come from down air gimps, f smashes, and the second hit of his up b.

Captain Falcon's knee has SO MUCH LANDING LAG. I've yet to sweet spot it. However, his back air is very strong. I've been killing in the mid 80%'s with it.

daxgame

guys, sorry if posted but has someone detailed For Glory mode?

I only heard it's 5 mins 2 stock.
I guess stages are random, FD forms? Anything else?

JoeInky

guys, sorry if posted but has someone detailed For Glory mode?

I only heard it's 5 mins 2 stock.
I guess stages are random, FD forms? Anything else?

1on1 is 2 stock, 5 minutes, no items with a random FD form stage.
2on2 is 2 minutes Time mode, no items with a random FD form stage.

I'm done with the online for now, it's less laggier than I remember Brawl being and this is whilst having to use JP servers, when it's released world wide it should be fine.

Massively salty about the Ness nerfs, what the hell was the justification for those?

Anth0ny

I finally hit a knee on DDD.

It's not fucking good. Barely any knock back. Doesn't seem fair considering how hard it is to sweet spot.

Back air is better in every scenario.

Zane

What rules does for glory use and how's the netcode?

Edit: answered above. Still want more online impressions tho

You could say 3DS is homologous to 64 (both released fairly late). Wii U is still in its second year, that's pretty early. Brawl was released around then.

Brawl released ~9 months earlier than Wii U Smash.

If JP gets it November, then that's 11 months earlier.

Smash released on N64 when the platform was 2.5 years old, whereas 3DS is 3.5 years old at this point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
J3euW6I.gif

GO UNLOCK CUSTOM MOVES PEOPLE

That's amazing. I think I know what I'm going to do with customized Ganondorf

Zalman

How easy is it to set up a customized moveset? Say I'm playing with some friends, how quickly would we be able to do this? Is it a separate menu?

Forkball

Just did three online matches. All as LUIGI and FOR FUN.

First one looked like it was at 30 fps with about two or three pauses where the Smash loading logo popped up.

Second match was almost flawless and I got a flaming uppercut on Ike (get rekt). I lost in sudden death to Mario

Third match was the same as the second. Online isn't inheriently broken, I guess it depends on who you pair with.

JoeInky

How easy is it to set up a customized moveset? Say I'm playing with some friends, how quickly would we be able to do this? Is it a separate menu?

You can do it from the character select screen with customisation turned on, which means it's good.

First one looked like it was at 30 fps with about two or three pauses where the Smash loading logo popped up.

Second match was almost flawless and I got a flaming uppercut on Ike (get rekt). I lost in sudden death to Mario

Third match was the same as the second. Online isn't inheriently broken, I guess it depends on who you pair with.

That sounds promising.

Kouichi

Good to hear.

munchie64

Good enough for me!
IdgMwlv.gif

FSLink

Banned
So with Robin, it seems if you smash attack on the ground, Levin Sword gets equipped and gets equipped to his/her aerial moves, I don't think "smash attacks in the air" is accurate.

Got Ness after 1 VS match, but it might be because I already unlocked Falco through Classic mode.

Blizzard

Banned

For anyone giving online impressions: Can you please mention if you're in or out of Japan? I think that can be a big factor for some people.

Dr. Buni

Thanks. Online is a big deal for me.

emb

MK's up air is still fast but has a LOT of cool down. So you can't do rapid up airs anymore like you could in Brawl. I'd say in the time you could do 3 up airs in Brawl, you can only do 2 in Smash 4.

Down Smash is nerfed considerably. Hitting from the back or front sent my opponent flying at 100%+, not even close to killing. Most of my killing has come from down air gimps, f smashes, and the second hit of his up b.

Captain Falcon's knee has SO MUCH LANDING LAG. I've yet to sweet spot it. However, his back air is very strong. I've been killing in the mid 80%'s with it.
Is uair faster or slower than PM? Dsmash still pretty fast/safe?

Anth0ny

Is uair faster or slower than PM? Dsmash still pretty fast/safe?

I don't play PM enough to say. Down smash is still fast, just the power is nerfed it seems.

SHEIK IS SO FAST, SO STRONG, NO LAG ON MOVES. Why can't everyone be like her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom