• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

OMG TORNADO EATS SHIELD LIKE CRAZY

I just did a full nado on Shulk's shield and he went from like 75% shield to 10%. Looks like the new "shields break easily" mechanics even apply to Meta Knight's tornado.

So what's your overall impression? Is he still overpowered or was is the nerf enough to keep him "unbanned"?

Still way to early to say, but he's considerably nerfed.

J3euW6I.gif

GO UNLOCK CUSTOM MOVES PEOPLE
At least they had the decency to slightly change the animation for it. Though they should made sword customs for all specials.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah...making Metaknight's neutral B as a shield breaker type move makes much more sense than...whatever the fuck they were thinking or not thinking with Brawl.

90%. Almost in there guys. Is the Gameboy stage default? I'ma side B with Fox off that stage 120 times to unlock all characters

JoeInky

Ness is just bad.

His Yo-yo smashes no longer have a hitbox for the charge duration, PK cross is useles as usual, PK fire has MASSIVE endlag, PK thunder doesn't go through people, PK Magnet does no damage, his dair is the worst it's ever been (seemingly no spike and massive endlag), his bair isn't that great either.

Why does my main always suck in official smash games?

Also 2v2 for glory is 2 minute time mode and there's no way of playing it with friends :/

Thanks. They used his worst design for the trophy, lol

I'm not really surprised, they did the same in Brawl.
Still It would've been nice to see them have whipped up a new character model based upon the SNES games complete with the different guises but oh well, Jaunty Jig K.Rool it is.

emb

Ness is just bad.

His Yo-yo smashes no longer have a hitbox for the charge duration, PK cross is useles as usual, PK fire has MASSIVE endlag, PK thunder doesn't go through people, PK Magnet does no damage, his dair is the worst it's ever been (seemingly no spike and massive endlag), his bair isn't that great either.

Also 2v2 for glory is 2 minute time mode and there's no way of playing it with friends :/
Welp, sounds like I won't ever try 2v2 online mode in this.

Ness why. ;_; Have you gotten his customs yet?

Dr. Buni

Is it straight up lag or did they do the same thing as in Brawl where the game slows down and adds massive input lag, making it much harder to play even with a good connection?
I don't know, he only said it sucks.
Where is he playing from? There could be a (slim) chance that there will be NA and EU servers that willl go up duing the western release.
I don't know, but chances are the online sucks now because the servers are extremely crowded, plus I don't think he even lives in Japan.
Whaaat. That's easily his best design. Or do you prefer Rare's original design?
I prefer his cheesy Rare original design, yes. Or even his "Kaptain K. Rool" design.
Fixed. Seriously, try to be a little positive from time to time.
Believe me, I have zero friends who play Smash, so I am trying to be as positive as possible in regards of the online.

Kinsei

Banned

I don't know, but chances are the online sucks now because the servers are extremely crowded, plus I don't think he even lives in Japan.

I prefer his cheesy Rare original design, yes. Or even his "Kaptain K. Rool" design.

Believe me, I have zero friends who play Smash, so I am trying to be as positive as possible in regards of the online.

There's a chance Kaptain and K. Roolenstein are also trophies. Didn't Brawl have them alongside regular K. Rool?

I'm talking about Joe.

Ganondorf just walked over to the left side of Gerudo Valley and wizard's foot to his death at the start of the match. This allowed me to unlock him....

....I'LL TAKE IT

Esiquio

Ness is just bad.

This is horrible news. Welp, guess I'll just have to be that much better!

JoeInky

I don't think the servers can handle 2v2 at the moment, that's the first time the game has straight up frozen and shown the loading icon when online.

Also only 2 minutes for 2v2 is a pretty bad decision, all four games I played went to sudden death because there just isn't enough time to get a KO lead unless there's one really bad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom