• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

How long does it take before you can get invincibility again from grabbing a ledge now? It looked to me like villager was getting the flashing invincibility again after only 2-3 seconds.
Dunno. I think it's until you land on stage again or get hit.

DaBoss

I love all of the visual cues they put in Smash 4. Makes it easier to understand and see what the players are doing.

What the hell, d-air caused a vertical kill on Sheik? I know VI had to do with it along with rage, but still, that seemed so random.

I think he should've just went in there. Hanging out at needle range was not doing him any favors.

Yeah, he definitely needed to rush in there with some turnips and umbrellas. Camping clearly wasn't working out for him.

Villager's strength is in edgeguarding, between the pot, bowling ball, and tree. And you can't edgeguard if the opponent's not off the stage!

Revven

somebody explain to me the competitive importance of platforms

Platforms allow movement options you're not normally able to utilize on stages without platforms. They also let you get past projectiles, hindering characters that rely on them to do well. It allows you to close the gap more easily on those characters than platformless stages because their projectiles cannot cover every angle or height. And, you can also use platforms to extend combos and give chase to people in the air you otherwise cannot do without platforms.

Those are some of the immediate benefits and values platforms add to competitive play.

johnbone

nah, from what I've seen Villager is above average at least and DHD is quite strong

That's what I think too, I'm just in denial. :(

I hope that you realize that you can cuss without worrying about censorship here. I presume that you are pretty much used to SmashBoards or GameFaqs.

I know, I guess I'm just so used to censuring myself that it's second nature now!

Platforms will change those match ups dramatically.

Lets hope!

YASSS JIGGLY

I'd be cheering for you if you'd just picked Robin, Sethlon. >:|

He should pick Roy
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom