• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

Thanks!

So I noticed everyone arguing early this morning or well... 10 hours ago about vectoring and such. But uh is anyone not enjoying this tournament because of it?

It's a little too early to say because not everyone's going to have perfect vectoring this early in the meta... and reacting to the moves in time to vector anyway. So, I'm enjoying the tournament but like I said before in another post: Brawl's early tournaments were just as aggro and look what happened to that game 6-8 months later.

This tournament isn't proof of anything.

Cody_D165

Banned
Bwett's Little Mac...

O0zACIF.gif

Moonlight

Banned
Do people just act stupid when fighting Little Mac? What's with all the SDs?
I think it's because a lot of people are pretty scared to confront Little Mac on the ground, so they try to stick to off-stage where they think they hold the advantage. More time spent trying to do stuff off-stage means more chances you'll SD.

Thanks!

So I noticed everyone arguing early this morning or well... 10 hours ago about vectoring and such. But uh is anyone not enjoying this tournament because of it?

Vectoring has been a non-factor in this tournament, even in matches where it seemed to be used.

I think the whole thing was blown way out proportion, as it seems any minor quirk of this game seems to.

RomanceDawn

Shiek just gave Villager the back air and bounced him off the wall to death. What is the timing to tech that and survive? I could never tech on walls in Brawl.

Anth0ny

Remember when you chose Kirby instead? I do.
Something about Sheik being bad.

Still don't regret that. With 5 minutes of prior Smash 3DS play time, and free for all with items on, Kirby was the better choice!

Now that I'm actually used to the controls and it's 1v1 with real rules, Sheik fucking owns.

Blizzard

Banned
Really shows why you need to keep in mind that edge invincibility doesn't renew each time.
How long does it take before you can get invincibility again from grabbing a ledge now? It looked to me like villager was getting the flashing invincibility again after only 2-3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom