• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

So how do people feel about spectating so far? Lots of people were vocal about their fear of matches being boring but it sends like y'all enjoy watching tournaments.

Early tournaments are guaranteed to be entertaining. It's whether that entertainment can stick as the metagame evolves and if the way the metagame evolves is in a direction the spectators like over the course of the next year. With Brawl, it was entertaining for the first couple of months of watching youtube videos of tournament matches but then it started to wane really fast towards the end of the first year (at least for me). I found myself not really getting hype over the game anymore as a spectator because of the prominence of Meta Knight, Snake, Diddy Kong, etc etc. combined with the slower paced/defensive/poke-style gameplay that developed (not to mention all the ridiculously stupid and boring to watch tech people discovered in jab locks, grab release shenanigans, DDD chaingrabs, ICs chaingrabs, etc etc).

It also wasn't fun for me to play in them anymore so not only did I stop watching but I quit as a player (and I was even pretty decent, too).

Quite disheartening to see them not even unlocked half the time; Sakurai banning them on With Anyone seems to have done terrible things for their reputation.

Patching this out is one of my most wanted features for a new patch. There's so many solutions to the problem besides just totally banning them...

But yea, just as disappointed as you are. Even on streams with them unlocked I hardly ever see them and usually they're only played at chat request or something. I actually don't recall a single game of seeing Mii Sword Fighter.

Blizzard

Banned
Actually I did some checking and I CAN'T find an official Wii U Ethernet adapter. I found this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502022&page=4

The link at the start of the thread redirects to Nintendo's main store page, I can't find anything on Nintendo's store by searching "ethernet", and the page seems to have people saying the Wii U wired network situation is messed up. Is there a proper wired Wii U network adapter (besides using the legacy Wii one) for use with Smash, or is it not out yet?

Oh no, is it gone!? It was there for smash direct :( :( :( :( I can't find it either. I was thinking of waiting to see how 3Ds version played online to order it.

Yeah, I'm confused. Only one person replied to me (you), and I can't find anything about it -- is there a planned Wii U adapter? I thought Sakurai himself mentioned the wired adapter was the best way to go, so surely there must be something in the works.

Dr. Buni

Lol, by next week people will start rooting for ZSS over Sheik. I wouldn't be surprised if the week after that, people start rooting for Sheik over RosaChiko or DHD Dog.

I like that so many characters seem strong for now.
"Duck Hunt Dog Dog"

georly

Yeah, I'm confused. Only one person replied to me (you), and I can't find anything about it -- is there a planned Wii U adapter? I thought Sakurai himself mentioned the wired adapter was the best way to go, so surely there must be something in the works.

It was definitely on that page in april, right after smash direct. I almost ordered it, but decided to wait.

Now, after having my 3DS lag on me, I want to order it.

No one so far has an option for Little Mac.

Maybe the Sheik player?

Ness_SSBB_Sticker.png

Serious. Awestin's playstyle will counter Lil Mac perfectly I think.

Rooligan

Neo Member
Patching this out is one of my most wanted features for a new patch. There's so many solutions to the problem besides just totally banning them...

But yea, just as disappointed as you are. Even on streams with them unlocked I hardly ever see them and usually they're only played at chat request or something. I actually don't recall a single game of seeing Mii Sword Fighter.

Why are they even banned? Is Nintendo just afraid of "offensive" Mii faces?

Why are they even banned? Is Nintendo just afraid of "offensive" Mii faces?

Pretty much. The simplest solution is to just blank their faces or use generic faces on the opponent's screen.

I'm not sure why they're being so strict and weird with Miis for this game. Nobody cares what your Mii looks like in every other online Mii game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom