• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes villager won! Eat it spacy.

I can't even root against Peach, there aren't any here
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Blizzard

Banned
2 stocks 5 minutes seem like a more reasonable timeframe -- I believe that's what For Glory uses as well, so they might have balanced around it.

Does anyone know how long it takes before you can get invincibility from a ledge again? Can you just jump on stage them immediately jump off again?

exfatal

this rob needs to consistently be charging his gyro when its not on field instead of standing there

edit: why isnt rob moving away from edge with the recovery? he has jet packs!!! he has room to spare lol

Blizzard

Banned
3 stock it's just fine.

Infinity would passive aggressively disagree with you.

May I ask why you disagree? Matches over 5 minutes seem like they would slow down tournaments a good bit. Or maybe you could do best 2 out of 3 2-stock matches or something.

I'm still curious about the ledge invincibility mechanics, if anyone happnes to know. I tried googling it but just got the mention of ledge invincibility timing depending on your damage percentage, from an ancient picture of the day.

mStudios

Is there any particular reason? Matches over 5 minutes seem like they would slow down tournaments a good bit. Or maybe you could do best 2 out of 3 2-stock matches or something.

I'm still curious about the ledge invincibility mechanics, if anyone happnes to know.
Mostly because suicides/mistakes happens. Player should have the opportunity of a comeback. 2 stock reduces that by a lot.

Every time people see a character do well on stream, they overreact and declare them super good.
Who said he was super good?.. he aint sucky thats all I know. I never believe in tier in smash anyway the characters are good according to whos controlling them. All this tier stuff is shit..unless you just watch tournaments all day and dont play the games.

Blizzard

Banned
Mostly because suicides/mistakes happens. Player should have the opportunity of a comeback. 2 stock reduces that by a lot.
Players typically live to such high percents, that I feel the percentage survival takes that into account. Tournaments are risky business, and you can certainly suicide and lose it, be it on the second life or the last life. You might well live to 150% on the second life and make that your comeback!

I realize people will probably disagree and mine is just a rare opinion -- I'm just not certain if such preference is more of habit from older Smash games, or of what's more enjoyable to watch, or both.

Yea, people are also going to be more wary and play much safer with only two stocks. 3 stocks is best I think
That could be true as well, but I think if a tournament is higher profile, you may see people playing very safely anyway. In theory it might be better to survive not lose any lives whether you have backups or not.

One counterargument might be that you'd want to die to reset your weakened moves to their full power.

Kyne

Fun fact.. on the Madcatz stream they just announced Madcatz-Murderface-Tokido will be joining the Smash community come Smash Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom